ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 29
« First < 182425262728 29 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CB Breeland signing with the Chiefs
The Franchise 10:06 AM 03-18-2019

Former Packers CB Bashaud Breeland is signing with the Chiefs, a source told ESPN

— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) March 18, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:28 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
IMO, if KC doesn't trade up in the 1st round and stays at 29 it'll be an OL or DB
A CB or S I can see for sure. I don't know why you'd think OL.

Carl Peterson doesn't work here anymore.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:32 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
anyone else feel they cant get excited about any moves until this Tyreek thing is settled?
It's settled. I've decided he's innocent....
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
A CB or S I can see for sure. I don't know why you'd think OL.

Carl Peterson doesn't work here anymore.
Because if the best player on the board is a Center who can protect your MVP QB for the next 5 years at a cheap cost.....you do it?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because if the best player on the board is a Center who can protect your MVP QB for the next 5 years at a cheap cost.....you do it?
Yeah!

Fuck you guys!

{slinks back to draft forum...}
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Ferguson is a slow power rusher. Tested like shit at his pro day. I want nothing to do with him before round 3.

I’d love Adderley at 29 myself. I think he’s the next Ed Reed with his CF abilities
Ferguson has the agility of a freight train. And the creativity of one.

I'm not sure what he is, but he damn sure isn't someone I'd be excited about in the 1st, I'd only give him passing consideration in the 2nd and I'd only be happy to have him in the 3rd.

I just don't see how someone with that kind of stiffness can possibly bend an edge and be an effective 4-3 DE. Maybe if you line him up as a 3-tech and rely on him using a first step from a more interior position (and maybe some stunts, etc...) you can get him in the open and he can just crash straight ahead. But that's just not a viable plan in this system, IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:45 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He AND Jaylon Ferguson are usually there in round two for us or close enough to move up to grab one of them in a lot of mocks and sims.

Or you could nab Omenihu at 29, nab Oruwariye and Rapp, Thornhill, or Abram.

Cool thing about a lot of the safeties that should go in the first few rounds is that they're not strictly a FS or SS. so paired with Honey Badger, you have a lot of flexibility to confuse offenses as to who's doing what and where.
Not feeling Ferguson anymore. Dude had a horrific 3 cone at his pro day. He looks stiff as a board.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not feeling Ferguson anymore. Dude had a horrific 3 cone at his pro day. He looks stiff as a board.
He looked a lot like a guy who was beating the hell out of inferior competition. Which is exactly what scares you about dudes that are playing outside of the Power 5.

In the 2nd you could maybe work hard and talk me into it, but I'm not there right now. The ability to bend an edge is something you have or you don't. You look at someone like Harold Landry with the Titans - that dude could probably stand at a 45 degree angle to the ground when he was 9 years old. He's just a naturally agile guy and I think he'll be a great player going forward (though I'd like him more in a 4-3).

But Ferguson...I dunno man, I just don't know how you work with that. It seems more and more like he's a less freakish Allen Bailey. That has value, but probably not 2nd round value and almost certainly not in an even front.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I'm not sure what he is, but he damn sure isn't someone I'd be excited about in the 1st, I'd only give him passing consideration in the 2nd and I'd only be happy to have him in the 3rd.

I just don't see how someone with that kind of stiffness can possibly bend an edge and be an effective 4-3 DE. Maybe if you line him up as a 3-tech and rely on him using a first step from a more interior position (and maybe some stunts, etc...) you can get him in the open and he can just crash straight ahead. But that's just not a viable plan in this system, IMO.
Omenihu > Ferguson.

If we reach for a DE in the 1st, I’m positive it will be Omenihu. There’s already smoke with him and the Chiefs.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 03-20-2019
Ferguson would be completely off my board. No thanks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:51 AM 03-20-2019
I doubt that'll be the case. If so, yeah, but I doubt it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:53 AM 03-20-2019
Ferguson's pro day numbers were disappointing.

Might drop him quite a bit.

Omenihu is my preference at this point.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:54 AM 03-20-2019
Would bet the farm that Chiefs will not pick a center in round 1. Just isn't gonna happen. And I'm very glad that they have enough sense not to do it. Just can't imagine that a Center (or any 1 player for that matter) is far and away the BPA at 29. (BTW, Bills overpaid for Morse; a guy that missed 14 games in last 2 seasons.)
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 03-20-2019
He looked a lot like a guy who was beating the hell out of inferior competition. Which is exactly what scares you about dudes that are playing outside of the Power 5.

In the 2nd you could maybe work hard and talk me into it, but I'm not there right now. The ability to bend an edge is something you have or you don't. You look at someone like Harold Landry with the Titans - that dude could probably stand at a 45 degree angle to the ground when he was 9 years old. He's just a naturally agile guy and I think he'll be a great player going forward (though I'd like him more in a 4-3).

But Ferguson...I dunno man, I just don't know how you work with that. It seems more and more like he's a less freakish Allen Bailey. That has value, but probably not 2nd round value and almost certainly not in an even front.
Landry falling to where he did was always a surprise for me. Maybe he's a real fuck head but damn it he can play.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:59 AM 03-20-2019

It doesn’t take a scout to see that either. He’s trash
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:06 PM 03-20-2019
Rd 1 Center?

This Tyreek thing is melting brains.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 29
« First < 182425262728 29 >
Up