ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 167
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:10 AM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He hadn't been able to stand up on his own for about 3 months. It was time. He got as much life as he could squeeze out of those old bones.
Thats good. To me, dogs return 10 fold what you invest in them. If you look at my avatar right above Dodgers head you can barely see Betty. She's my 18 yr old beagle. Had her since she was 6 weeks old. She's made it through the kids growing up and leaving the house, a divorce, and two other dogs passing on. She used to be a hell of a rabbit dog but nowadays she does a lot of sleeping. Still pretty spry , can still jump up on the bed , couch, and chairs. And doesn't take any shit from Dodger. Being a typical female the little bitch won't hardly give me the time of day. If I sit next to her she'll get up and move. Pretty funny actually. Anyways, not looking forward to the day she goes down. Thats gonna be a tough one.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:13 AM 10-10-2014
Fleas: what's your best method for getting rid of them?
[Reply]
TheUte 11:10 AM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We had to put down our Golden yesterday. Rescued him from the pound. Had him for 12 years in our family.
I'm so sorry.

Goldens are the best.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:26 AM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Fleas: what's your best method for getting rid of them?
Trifexis is amazing, but expensive. That being said, it serves as a heartworm pill as well.
[Reply]
Katipan 10:47 AM 11-30-2014

[Reply]
Cheater5 10:53 AM 11-30-2014
Huck (dark one)

ZuZu (light one)
Attached: image.jpg (222.7 KB) 
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:33 PM 12-12-2014
I've been fighting major depression for a couple of weeks. My Mama Cat who I've had for 18 years, is down to a few days. I had to have one of her teeth pulled in October, and she developed a tumor in her jaw. She's stopped eating, and I'm probably going to have to take her in over the weekend.

She's slept by my side for 18 years. I don't have any kids, so this is extremely hard for me. My wife and I have lost three of our kitties in the last year, this would be number four, and the one we've had for the longest time. The other three were all boy cats, and for some reason I could deal with that. This is my girl cat, and has been by far my favorite and one of the great loves of my life. I've had no joy at all for about a month now. Just numb. No words. It's time to let her go, but it's breaking my heart to do so. Christmas is going to suck this year without her.

Please keep a good thought for Mama cat and me over the next few days.

[Reply]
Dayze 12:38 PM 12-12-2014
damn; sorry to hear man.
[Reply]
J Diddy 12:43 PM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I've been fighting major depression for a couple of weeks. My Mama Cat who I've had for 18 years, is down to a few days. I had to have one of her teeth pulled in October, and she developed a tumor in her jaw. She's stopped eating, and I'm probably going to have to take her in over the weekend.

She's slept by my side for 18 years. I don't have any kids, so this is extremely hard for me. My wife and I have lost three of our kitties in the last year, this would be number four, and the one we've had for the longest time. The other three were all boy cats, and for some reason I could deal with that. This is my girl cat, and has been by far my favorite and one of the great loves of my life. I've had no joy at all for about a month now. Just numb. No words. It's time to let her go, but it's breaking my heart to do so. Christmas is going to suck this year without her.

Man I'm sorry to hear that. It's amazing when a pet transcends the title of pet and becomes a beloved family member. It's equally hard to let them go. My thoughts are with you sir.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:09 PM 12-12-2014
Me and the wife adopted Kendall (I hated the name at first as well) but soon enough she was as much home to us as anyone.

I really do think adopting a dog as a part of therapy or after a significant loss can be a huge help.

Me and my wife both had a loss at the same time and oddly enough the dog brought us together...
Attached: kendall.jpg (63.1 KB) 
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:14 PM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Me and the wife adopted Kendall (I hated the name at first as well) but soon enough she was as much home to us as anyone.

I really do think adopting a dog as a part of therapy or after a significant loss can be a huge help.

Me and my wife both had a loss at the same time and oddly enough the dog brought us together...
ABBA on vinyl!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:39 PM 12-12-2014

So sorry to hear that. I had similar feelings when I had to put My Rosebud down a few years ago. It's so, so hard to do, but know when it's time that you made the right decision. Part of being a responsible pet owner is doing what's best for the animal, even when it may break your heart to do so.

Take comfort in the fact you have given her so much love and affection. They aren't all as lucky as she is.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:42 PM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
ABBA on vinyl!
They would not sell us the records in the pic and swore they were "her mother's."
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:55 PM 12-12-2014
Sorry to hear about the kitty George.

I'm not much of a cat guy, but when I have to do that to my dog, I'm going to cry like a bitch.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:29 AM 01-17-2015

Yesterday I had to take Mama Cat to the vet to relieve her pain. He had gotten sick and weak, and could not longer walk or lift her head. The vet said that she was a very tough kitty, and lasted much longer that we thought she would. She made it to Christmas and New Years, which I think was her gift to me. I'm going to miss her terribly. She slept next to me for 18 years and was one of the great joys of my life. I'm glad she's no longer suffering, the last couple days were very tough. I had her cremated, so this spring I can lay her ashes to rest in our kitty garden in the back yard, and make it nice. Yesterday my boy cats Meesh and Neighbor Cat were cruising around the house looking for her. Meesh slept in Mama Cat's favorite overstuffed chair last night, which is where Mama Cat spent her last week. It was very sad. It's amazing how the pets in the house know what's going on.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 167
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Up