« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
staylor26 06:00 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Devil's advocate here:

Kept Houston then when Clowney became available for peanuts, release Houston and trade for Clowney.

Draft corner with 1st pick.
But in order to do that you would’ve had to know that the Texans would end up with no GM and be open for rape.

Veach couldn’t have known that at the time. The Texans even offered Clowney up for a similar price. If they offered him for what they ended up trading him for, maybe Veach would’ve went in that direction.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:01 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So the only two solutions that you can come up with are two 2nd round rookies that have proven nothing.

You can bet your ass we will draft at least one next year. We’re not done looking for long term or short term solutions.
And you can bet your ass a year from now we'll be debating trades in the secondary for the third straight year because Veach failed to adequately address the position for the 3rd straight year.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:02 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
And you can bet your ass a year from now we'll be debating trades in the secondary for the third straight year because Veach failed to adequately address the position for the 3rd straight year.
Oh look your favorite topic. The guy who thinks lockdown corners grow on trees and are always available.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:03 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Easy to say that in hindsight. What if Clooney doesn’t become available and Houston gets hurt? Both are/were very real scenarios.
I like that Clark is here, but I can understand someone being frustrated with our corner position.

Revis, Amerson, Scandrick, Ward and possibly Claiborne.

Those are the scrap heap guys we've picked up to address the starting corner position
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:05 PM 09-19-2019
So if Veach makes the Ramsey trade, how does the opinion of him change?

Literally going out and getting (arguably) the best corner in the game in year 2. Also, looks like Breeland was a steal.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:07 PM 09-19-2019

Literally going out and getting (arguably) the best corner in the game in year 2. Also, looks like Breeland was a steal.
People will bitch about how much we traded
[Reply]
staylor26 06:08 PM 09-19-2019

Breeland looks good. So has Fuller aside from 2 plays that happened to be TD’s.

And Ward has had his moments going back to last year.

And Claiborne will be available in a few weeks.

But Veach hasn’t done anything at corner for 2 years because it’s still a work in progress and we haven’t found a true #1.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:10 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
It’s so true.

Superturtle started this thread saying Veach was going to get raped, but since he hasn’t yet, now Veach sucks because he failed to trade for Ramsey. If it turns out we get Ramsey and give up a lot he will most certainly bitch about that as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:11 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Not me, I think he's basically the needed piece.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:11 PM 09-19-2019
Are we fucking doing this or what?

I want to see Ramsay get pulled out against the Titans like some major league pitcher when he gets traded mid-game.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:12 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But in order to do that you would’ve had to know that the Texans would end up with no GM and be open for rape.

Veach couldn’t have known that at the time. The Texans even offered Clowney up for a similar price. If they offered him for what they ended up trading him for, maybe Veach would’ve went in that direction.
I agree with you, but the people that didn't like the trade for Clark would probably say go with Houston for another year, save the picks and address the corner position going into the season.

Acquiring Clowney for possible peanuts would have been blind luck for sure.

I don't have a problem trading and paying for someone in their prime like Clark. I also don't have a problem doing the same with Ramsey.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:13 PM 09-19-2019
I’ve been busy this evening it was doin and Baltimore gloom last I checked did I miss anything?!
[Reply]
staylor26 06:13 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Not me, I think he's basically the needed piece.
That’s where I’m at.

We can always get back some of that draft capital with Watkins/Jones/Ramsey who are all possible trade assets. Go all in for this year and figure out the rest later.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:15 PM 09-19-2019
There have been no elite corners for Veach to get. He tried to get Fitzpatrick who's overrated but got beat out by a team who likely will be drafting in the top 10. Cant lubish him for his club being successful.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:16 PM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
No you're not. No GM bats 100%. Veach has played a big hand in this team's success, including its culture change.

You're guilty of tunnel vision because you only want to harp on what you perceive are his failures, even if it is way too soon to tell on most of it.
Wrong. Never said 100%. But I’m amazing at this and I’m telling you Ramsey is the difference between super bowl or falling short again. Veach went all in with out pushing in all the chips. #veachisabeach
[Reply]
Page 263 of 449
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313363 > Last »
Up