ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 527 of 662
« First < 27427477517523524525526527 528529530531537577627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
New World Order 07:43 PM 07-10-2017
Sounds like only reason Floyd is fighting Conor is to pay off a tax debt:

Floyd Mayweather says he can't pay off his 2015 tax liability until after he gets money from his Aug. 26 fight against Conor McGregor.

The boxer filed a Tax Court petition on July 5 that asks the IRS to allow him a reprieve until the fight.

"Although the taxpayer has substantial assets, those assets are restricted and primarily illiquid," the petition said, according to the legal website Law360. "The taxpayer has a significant liquidity event scheduled in about 60 days from which he intends to pay the balance of the 2015 tax liability due and outstanding."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...orary-reprieve
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:41 AM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
The price for the Mayweather-McGregor freakshow has been set. $99.95 for HD, $89.95 for standard def.
I'll buy it too, just to watch Conor get nowhere fast. I have no illusions it will be a good fight.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:47 PM 07-11-2017
Reminder that Dana White's silly new promotion has fights tonight. You know, the one where the only reason to tune in is to hear Snoop Dogg's analysis.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:45 PM 07-11-2017
Depends on how crucial that $99 is to you. I would pay that to watch Conor McGregor get beaten up, and the tiny chance that something crazy might happen is just an added bonus that I don't really expect.
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Meh, it's 99 bucks. I really should have a different attitude about it, but I doubt think I ever will.

It's only money.
You know what, you guys are right. I've been trying not to present my opinions as an absolute lately, and that's exactly what I did here.

Folks can decide how to spend their own money, and for y'all, the entertainment of this freak show might be worth the money.

I should have just said that I can't justify paying for it to myself.

Like I said though, if I happen across a chance to see it for free, I'll probably indulge.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:38 PM 07-11-2017
OK, now time for the post-fight interview with the winner

(hot blonde who is doing the interview appears with mic)

Snoop: "oh, wow"
[Reply]
alnorth 06:52 PM 07-11-2017
(after a fighter went to sleep on a choke)

Snoop: "he went Cosby"
[Reply]
alnorth 08:53 AM 07-12-2017
If you are a MMA fan and a Fightpass subscriber, then this is going to be a very busy weekend.

Friday

6:30 pm - (Fightpass) - Glory 43

Its probably the top kickboxing promotion. If you like the sport, you should probably watch it.

8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 181

Looking at Tapology, this card is very good by Bellator standards. Their prelims can probably be seen on the internet if you aren't into kickboxing.

Saturday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Invicta FC 24

Invicta is live from Kansas City for what feels like the 100th consecutive card. This was originally going to include a title fight, but the UFC swooped in and took it.

Sunday

noon TV - (11am Fightpass/noon FS1) - UFC Fight Night Afternoon Nelson vs Ponzinibbio

This is below average compared to most UFC Free TV cards, but the last 2 fights are interesting. Dana White obviously wants to push Cynthia Calvillo who is trying to act like a female Diaz, but she has to prove she can actually fight against her first real opponent and isn't just another Paige Van Zant-like novelty act.

Tuesday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series

If you weren't watching last night, it was pretty entertaining, almost magical even. Take TUF, remove all the reality TV drama bullshit, add in more focus and analysis on the actual fight card, and bring in a drunken team of Urijah Faber and Snoop Dogg for commentary. Profit!
[Reply]
alnorth 08:05 PM 07-15-2017
If UFC 214 holds together and doesn't fall apart due to training injuries and weight-cutting failure, then I plan to put up a separate thread for that card on the day of the event.

We usually get about 1 or 2 cards a year where casual UFC fans who only watch a couples times a year might be interested, and since UFC 214 looks utterly bananas, that will probably be the big event of the year, barring McGregor doing something in December.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:58 PM 07-17-2017
If UFC 214 holds together and doesn't fall apart due to training injuries and weight-cutting failure, then I plan to put up a separate thread for that card on the day of the event.

We usually get about 1 or 2 cards a year where casual UFC fans who only watch a couples times a year might be interested, and since UFC 214 looks utterly bananas, that will probably be the big event of the year, barring McGregor doing something in December.
I'm having a 214 watch party. We usually do the fight week card but this one seemed much better. We put up the projection screen outside under the gazebo. Build a fire in the pit and roast a hog. It's gonna be fun.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:13 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'm having a 214 watch party. We usually do the fight week card but this one seemed much better. We put up the projection screen outside under the gazebo. Build a fire in the pit and roast a hog. It's gonna be fun.
Send me that address please lol
[Reply]
alnorth 03:25 PM 07-18-2017
Reminder if you have fightpass, Snoop Dogg will be commentating fights in a little over 2 hours from now.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:50 AM 07-20-2017
Less than 10 days to go until what may be the biggest event of the year. This weekend we've got a pretty busy Saturday.

Saturday

5pm TV - (3pm Fightpass/5pm FS2/7pm FOX) - UFC Fight Night Weidman vs Gastelum

This card is weird in a couple ways, first its huge with a whopping 13 fights. I don't remember ever seeing that many before, but I'm sure somebody will collapse during weight cuts or something and it'll get down to 12. Its also branded a Fight Night even though the main card is on FOX. I assume "UFC on FOX" contractually has to meet certain ratings requirements for the UFC to get paid, but FOX probably liked this card enough and had nothing else going on since ratings season is over and said "fuck it, we'll just take it". Anyway, its a pretty good card. All 4 fights on the main card are great, and there are 2 interesting prelim matches.

9pm - (Fightpass) - VFC 58

If the UFC hasn't satisfied your need to watch MMA, this card is scheduled to begin right after the UFC is over, probably running to midnight. Thats right, potentially 9 straight hours of MMA. I'm in for the first 6 hours, but are the last 3 worth it? Well, I dunno, its about average by local promotion standards, maybe slightly below average.

Tuesday

7pm - (Fightpass)

If you have fightpass, aren't busy on tuesday nights, and are not watching this, then you are doing it wrong. It is Urijah and a drunken Snoop Dogg commenting on fights, thats all you need to know.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:44 PM 07-20-2017
A few weeks after the McGregor freakshow we'll have this.

I'm setting the over/under for PPV buys at...... 225k

UFC makes it official: 2 title fights set for UFC 215 pic.twitter.com/zx3i3IssJW

— Jason Floyd (@Jason_Floyd) July 20, 2017

[Reply]
raybec 4 03:44 PM 07-20-2017
A few weeks after the McGregor freakshow we'll have this.

I'm setting the over/under for PPV buys at...... 225k

I'll buy it
[Reply]
alnorth 04:25 PM 07-20-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'll buy it
me too, but we're the hardcore MMA fan weirdos.

It gets worse, on that night UFC 215 competes against this:

Georgia/Notre Dame (NBC), Auburn/Clemson (ESPN), Oklahoma/Ohio State (ABC) and Stanford/USC (FOX)

— Jason Floyd (@Jason_Floyd) July 20, 2017

[Reply]
Page 527 of 662
« First < 27427477517523524525526527 528529530531537577627 > Last »
Up