Hydrae 07:10 PM 11-28-2020
I think the NFL season is about done.

Originally Posted by :
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...-without-home/

New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
BAY AREA
by: Tristi Rodriguez

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 / 03:37 PM PST / Updated: Nov 28, 2020 / 03:37 PM PST
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) — The San Francisco 49ers and other Bay Area sports teams are left without a home after Santa Clara County announced revisions to its coronavirus guidelines.

The new order prohibits contact sports including professional, college, and youth sports for three weeks. This affects the Niners, the Stanford Cardinals and the San Jose State Spartans.

“All recreational activities that involve physical contact or close proximity to persons outside one’s household, including all contact sports, will be temporarily prohibited,” the order said. “People can continue to engage in outdoor athletics and recreation where social distancing can be maintained at all times.”

The 49ers currently have two home games scheduled within the three-week period: Dec. 7 against the Buffalo Bills and Dec. 13 against the Washington Football Team.

The organization must now find a new place to host their home games, along with a new place to practice.

San Francisco released a brief statement Saturday following the announcement.

“We are aware of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department’s emergency directive. We are working with the NFL and our partners on operational plans and will share details as they are confirmed,” the statement read.

County officials said they are seeing the highest case rate than any other county in the Bay Area, which is why they’re adding these restrictions.

The new health orders also reduce the indoor capacity of all stores to 10%, grocery & pharmacy to 25%, and outdoor gatherings are limited to 100 people.

Additionally, people must quarantine for 14 days after traveling more than 150 miles before returning to the county.

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:44 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I think the NFL season is about done.
I think you need to stop being a drama Queen!!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:44 PM 11-28-2020
NFL and everyone else should tell them to go fuck themselves. They have no authority to enforce this.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:44 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nah.
Nah it isn't gonna end or nah it is gonna end? Cause I'm just sick to death of it. Been sick of it since May really.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:46 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Additionally, people must quarantine for 14 days after traveling more than 150 miles before returning to the county.

So are they tracking people now?
No. Almost none of the personal regulations have been enforced anywhere in the country. The hope is that people will voluntarily comply (though we've seen how well that works).
[Reply]
DaFace 07:47 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Nah it isn't gonna end or nah it is gonna end? Cause I'm just sick to death of it. Been sick of it since May really.
Nah, it's gonna end. That doesn't mean that something else can't happen at some point, but there's not really any reason to believe that another outbreak is any more likely in the future than it has been in the past.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:49 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nah, it's gonna end. That doesn't mean that something else can't happen at some point, but there's not really any reason to believe that another outbreak is any more likely in the future than it has been in the past.
Boy I hope you're right. I'm ready for the world to get back to normal.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:57 PM 11-28-2020
San Francisco 49ers can't play or practice at home as Santa Clara County bans contact sports for three weeks
New COVID-19 restrictions have been announced for Santa Clara County and will take effect on Monday as the region sets a new single-day record with 760 new cases reported on Saturday. Among the new rules is a ban on all contact sports for at least the next three weeks. The San Francisco 49ers and other local teams may have to make other arrangements for practice and games, as they will not have access to their home facilities during the ban. The 49ers said they are working with "the NFL and our partners on operational plans and will share details as they are confirmed.
[Reply]
Spott 07:58 PM 11-28-2020
St Louis has an empty football stadium that can be used.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:03 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Boy I hope you're right. I'm ready for the world to get back to normal.
None of this shit would have happened if they didn’t discontinue Ecto Cooler
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:07 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
St Louis has an empty football stadium that can be used.
I would think San Diego or LA would be first options if it can be worked out.
[Reply]
PutQuinnIn 08:13 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
They should play on the infield dirt in Oakland. Chargers old stadium is gone and they can GTFO playing in LA.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:15 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by PutQuinnIn:
They should play on the infield dirt in Oakland. Chargers old stadium is gone and they can GTFO playing in LA.
Oh shit. I didn’t know they shutdown the Murph.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:17 PM 11-28-2020
What a shitty city to call home
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 08:21 PM 11-28-2020
Rather than allowing the 49ers to play games in their home stadium (where there has been minimal to no confirmed spread of the virus during game action), they will now be forced to travel/relocate for their home games which will inherently increase the risk of virus spread.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:21 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
According to Florio, the 49ers have been working on a contingency plan since May, with the Arizona stadium being the most likeliest of venues:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ns-months-ago/

Per a league source, the NFL and the 49ers prepared months ago, before the season began, multiple possible contingency plans in the event the team needed to move its operations and have a different NFL stadium for its home games.

Given the real-time communication system between the stadium and the league office, the 49ers need to play in a place that has the appropriate technology in place to allow for replay review and related activities. Unless the plans include putting the technological pipeline back into, for example, the Oakland Coliseum, the 49ers will need to find another NFL-ready venue.

As noted when the schedule came out in May, the 49ers could easily play in Arizona, with no conflicts between the schedule of the two teams.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up