ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones jr
RocKhawks 06:13 PM 11-28-2020
Anybody watching this fight tonight? Or the undercards?
Hoping Logan Paul gets his a$$ kicked. Would be cool to see Tyson get a knockout!
[Reply]
RocKhawks 11:36 PM 11-28-2020
You know, that was good for 2020. If it was any other year, that probably would've sucked lol.

Had a few now, woo baby!
[Reply]
Sorry 11:37 PM 11-28-2020
The fight was for charity. A fight with standard competitive rules and smaller gloves. Mike knocks him out
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:39 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
The fight was for charity. A fight with standard competitive rules and smaller gloves. Mike knocks him out
Just having 3-minute rounds would have ended it for Jones. He looked gassed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:40 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
I've got a big old smile on my face. It's been a long time since I've been excited about a Mike Tyson fight. Made me feel like a teenager again.
Same. Tyson looked like the real Iron Mike right at the first bell. He slowed down a little after a couple rounds, but he looked pretty damn good all the way to the end.

And Roy Jones showed me something tonight. He got gassed early, but showed not only a ton of heart, but a lot of savvy veteran ring smarts staying alive through those middle rounds until he got a little wind back and could start throwing some combinations back at Mike. I thought he was dead meat starting the third, but he didn't just survive the last couple rounds, he fought a pretty good fight to end it.

Man, I wish these guys were back in their primes. They'd be killers today.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:41 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
I hate this grabbing stuff. Five seconds left in what's probably your last match ever, and you're wrapping up. C'mon, man.
I mean he kind of had to keep grabbing or Tyson would have seriously hurt him.
[Reply]
RocKhawks 11:44 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I mean he kind of had to keep grabbing or Tyson would have seriously hurt him.
This. For sure
[Reply]
srvy 11:45 PM 11-28-2020
I was surprised they went 8 Iron Mike got in good shape. Roy Jones Jr took a beating on those ribs. Roy had to lock up and hold to survive he was poorly out of shape. That ref let him hold for too long. I think he was scared of the way he was breathing that he might have a heart bomb. Neither face was marked up badly so any blows to that head must have been glancing. That was no draw but exhibition and charity so I'm good with it.

Like others said Snoop was funny but he walked over the other guys. His line was like his uncle's fighting at a bbq was pretty good. It was fun I enjoyed it except for the mess before it all.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:47 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Just having 3-minute rounds would have ended it for Jones. He looked gassed.
It was impressive tho. What impressed me the most that I do think Roy was a little scared of mike and those blows really hurt him and he’s gonna feel that the next week but he battled.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:54 PM 11-28-2020
Draw bullshit.
[Reply]
srvy 12:08 AM 11-29-2020
Wouldn't surprise to hear Roy got some cracked or severely bruised ribs. He was really struggling to catch wind through the interview.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:31 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Draw bullshit.
They're just trying to keep with tradition. It wouldn't be a boxing match without a bullshit decision.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:00 AM 11-29-2020
Triller did a fantastic job with the entertainment side of this card and they've done so with previous fights. Boxing has slowly been making a comeback, both boxing and MMA need to try and emulate this formula ratings will go up especially during these times.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:37 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Triller did a fantastic job with the entertainment side of this card and they've done so with previous fights. Boxing has slowly been making a comeback, both boxing and MMA need to try and emulate this formula ratings will go up especially during these times.
I think Tyson Fury brings some people to boxing now. Not as much as old school Iron Mike. But he’s a polarizing figure. I watch when he’s fighting.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:39 AM 11-29-2020
What boxing needs is a new Pazienza-Gatti.....

I used to love watching those guys get after it.

I’m not saying those two.....I’m saying new blood that fights like they did.
[Reply]
jjjayb 11:30 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
What boxing needs is a new Pazienza-Gatti.....

I used to love watching those guys get after it.

I’m not saying those two.....I’m saying new blood that fights like they did.
You mean Ward-Gatti? Amazing fights. Pure slug fests.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up