ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos have no QB vs Saints
KC Hawks 05:10 PM 11-28-2020
:-)

All the QBs on the Broncos' roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the Saints after being deemed high-risk, close contacts, sources tell ESPN.

None were wearing masks at the time of exposure, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

Broncos will not be forfeiting, per source.

Short of luring GM John Elway out of retirement, it sets up as the most unexpected NFL scene of 2020. Broncos have no QBs for a game against the Saints. https://t.co/ig4knEI9vQ

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

[Reply]
JakeF 01:37 AM 11-29-2020
wow
[Reply]
Chargem 05:14 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
Why'd they bench Jeudy?
I'm assuming he meant that he benched Jeudy from his fantasy team, although reading it again its not clear at all.

Pretty sad that I took the over on this on Friday, its now dropped to 36, and the spread has flown out to 15.
[Reply]
tmax63 05:54 AM 11-29-2020
Oh how the mighty have fallen. 5 years ago when the Donkeys were the NFL's darling, they would have forced the Saints to bench all their QBs to even the competitive advantage. Now the Ravens get their game bumped but lowly Denver is screwed.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:55 AM 11-29-2020
I would love to see the offense Reid would run if this happened to the Chiefs. I think I'd be more excited to watch that wizardry than any other game in years.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:23 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
Why'd they bench Jeudy?
They aren't. I am benching him on my fantasy team because no QB. And starting the WR playing QB because I expect more points.

I am in Yahoo league and Hinton can be played as a flex or WR.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:38 AM 11-29-2020
And people think karma isn't real...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:15 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
And people think karma isn't real...
Yeah, the karmic gods really worked overtime here to deprive the Broncos of their entire QB room in a lost season in a game they were going to lose anyway.
[Reply]
seamonster 07:20 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The difference is that the Broncos just had one player test positive, while the Ravens have a full blown outbreak.

That said, it is kind of shitty that teams who contain it get punished while those who have don't get their games postponed. Kind of is what it is, but wouldn't blame Broncos fans for being pissed.
Unless everyone lives outdoors they're not "containing" an airborne pathogen. Aerosols spread 30 feet (there's no 6 foot force field) and a mask isn't going to stop a virus unless it has a filter and a valve. The studies are conclusive on the mask bullshit. Masks make people do stupid things (hang out in rooms with no air circulation) and can be hazardous (if you believe in science and you're 80 years old or high-risk never stand to to the side of somebody wearing one of these fucking surgical masks).

Surgical and hand-made masks, and face shields, generate several leakage jets, including intense backward and downwards jets that may present major hazards. We also simulated an aerosol generating procedure (extubation) and we showed that this is a major hazard for clinicians.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:17 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, the karmic gods really worked overtime here to deprive the Broncos of their entire QB room in a lost season in a game they were going to lose anyway.
Its really a lesson in how difficult it is to stop an organization from collapsing when it starts to slide. Look at the examples in the NFL of teams that can't seem to get out of their own way. The "old" ways don't seem to work anymore, the deck seems stacked against them, the quality talent doesn't come your way etc etc.

Even though I don't like John Elway or the Brown Cows, its still "sad" in the same way as watching a train wreck, you just can't stop marveling at it
[Reply]
Hayneplane 08:35 AM 11-29-2020
Seems idiotic not to split their QBs so that one positive in the position doesn’t stuff their entire room.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:40 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
Seems idiotic not to split their QBs so that one positive in the position doesn’t stuff their entire room.
You familiar with John Elways failures? This isn’t shocking.
[Reply]
alanm 08:47 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Oxford:
Its really a lesson in how difficult it is to stop an organization from collapsing when it starts to slide. Look at the examples in the NFL of teams that can't seem to get out of their own way. The "old" ways don't seem to work anymore, the deck seems stacked against them, the quality talent doesn't come your way etc etc.

Even though I don't like John Elway or the Brown Cows, its still "sad" in the same way as watching a train wreck, you just can't stop marveling at it
Train wreck exhibit 1 The Chiefs circa 2010, 11 and 12. The Peeholi years. As far as I'm concerned the Bronco's haven't suffered enough. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:50 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They can get COVID without breaking any rules. You have absolutely no proof that protocol was broken. A positive test doesn't mean rules were broken, it means somebody has COVID.
WTF is this wheres your proof BS :-)
You think I know or claiming to have Bronco people in the front office that I know or something? That must be a DC thing.

But more than one nationally respected reporters are saying

[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:50 AM 11-29-2020
They requested to have coaches play QB. https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoot...d-play-qb/amp/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:52 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
Didn't Mahomes say they split off Moore from the rest of the group to avoid this scenario?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up