ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patricia out in Detroit
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 01:47 PM 11-28-2020

The Detroit Lions announced today that Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia have been relieved of their duties. pic.twitter.com/Tz5Rc7y53Y

— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 28, 2020

[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:01 PM 11-28-2020
I think it's going to be cool how this next offseason, EB will actually have the leverage to choose wherever he wants to go. And I don't think Detroit will be at the top of his list.

My guess is Houston, along with the demand that Easterby be shown the door.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:07 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If I'm Lawrence, I'm either returning for my senior season or letting the Jets know that if they take me at #1 overall, I'll sit out the 2021 season.

If not, Lawrence will be yet another in a long line of 1st round QB's chosen by the Jets, only to fail and ruin their careers.

If he signs a deal, he's theirs for the better part of a decade and I sincerely doubt that's what Lawrence had in mind for his pro career.
I think the Johnson’s will scrap everybody. Gase, his staff, Douglas. Everybody.

I think they’ll do everything possible to appease Lawrence.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:13 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the Johnson’s will scrap everybody. Gase, his staff, Douglas. Everybody.

I think they’ll do everything possible to appease Lawrence.
Even if they do, what's the probability they'll hire a dude that can coach?

It would be a tough sell for me.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:44 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Even if they do, what's the probability they'll hire a dude that can coach?

It would be a tough sell for me.
As we saw with Pioli and Haley, even hiring the 5 time NFL Executive of the Year, and the hottest GM prospect in the NFL to be the GM, and hiring the most acclaimed up and coming Coordinator as Head Coach, can end up being terrible hires.

Say they clean house, chances are they are going to hire the wrong people anyway. Rex Ryan took them to back to back AFC Championship Games, but couldn't sustain success.

The Jets and Lions and Browns are the worst run franchises in the NFL. They are not going to suddenly get better until the owners are different.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 11:55 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
As we saw with Pioli and Haley, even hiring the 5 time NFL Executive of the Year, and the hottest GM prospect in the NFL to be the GM, and hiring the most acclaimed up and coming Coordinator as Head Coach, can end up being terrible hires.

Say they clean house, chances are they are going to hire the wrong people anyway. Rex Ryan took them to back to back AFC Championship Games, but couldn't sustain success.

The Jets and Lions and Browns are the worst run franchises in the NFL. They are not going to suddenly get better until the owners are different.

You can pretty much put Jerry Jones on that list post Jimmy Johnson
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:03 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
You can pretty much put Jerry Jones on that list post Jimmy Johnson
Absolutely. He stayed with Garrett for so long because Garrett never questioned or objected to Jerruh's interference.

I don't blame Clark Hunt for Pioli and Haley. Every team with an opening wanted Pioli, and Haley was the hot guy at the time. It was a swing for the fences, and unfortunately it was a swing and miss.

Thank God that Clark understood that fans couldn't abide Pioli any longer, and made another swing for the fences. Dorsey was a bust, and I personally think he was a terrible GM, and even the FN Browns thought he sucked, but again, THANK GOD that Reid was a home run. Well, Reid was a double that was legged into a triple, and the fact that he brought Burt Vatch with him, and Bart Veatch pushed for Mahomes in the draft was just stealing home plate.

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Absolutely. He stayed with Garrett for so long because Garrett never questioned or objected to Jerruh's interference.

I don't blame Clark Hunt for Pioli and Haley. Every team with an opening wanted Pioli, and Haley was the hot guy at the time. It was a swing for the fences, and unfortunately it was a swing and miss.

Thank God that Clark understood that fans couldn't abide Pioli any longer, and made another swing for the fences. Dorsey was a bust, and I personally think he was a terrible GM, and even the FN Browns thought he sucked, but again, THANK GOD that Reid was a home run. Well, Reid was a double that was legged into a triple, and the fact that he brought Burt Vatch with him, and Bart Veatch pushed for Mahomes in the draft was just stealing home plate.

Great post.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:18 AM 11-29-2020
:-)

I know a lot of you Lions fans probably want Eric Bieniemy but let’s be frank. This is a big job. You want someone with EXPERIENCE.

A Josh McDaniels, for example

— Drew Magary (@drewmagary) November 29, 2020

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:22 AM 11-29-2020

Oh Christ.

LOL
[Reply]
old_geezer 09:26 AM 11-29-2020

This is why the Lions are, well, the Lions. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:28 AM 11-29-2020

Holy God. Just burn the city to the ground and sow the earth it stood on with salt. It’d be kinder.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:36 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's the thing, from a statistical perspective, there should be a relatively high probability that ONE of these fuckleheads would work out given the number that have been hired.

But NOPE.

Every.
Fucking.
Time.
Sad to think that the most successful coach from the Belechick tree was the now fired Bill O'Brien.
[Reply]
alanm 09:38 AM 11-29-2020

I know a lot of you Lions fans probably want Eric Bieniemy but let’s be frank. This is a big job. You want someone with EXPERIENCE.

A Josh McDaniels, for example
— Drew Magary (@drewmagary) November 29, 2020
Ask the Bronco's how that turned out last time. :-) Not that I'm in any hurry to see EB go anywhere.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:42 AM 11-29-2020

How stupid. Go from another Bill coaching tree failure to another? They would have to be insane.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:47 AM 11-29-2020

The Pintos
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up