ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 25
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>First woman to play in a power 5 college football game today
Deberg_1990 09:22 AM 11-28-2020
Awesome! I will watch!

Historic moment for college football 👏

Vanderbilt is turning to women's soccer player Sarah Fuller to be its place-kicker on Saturday.

She will become the first woman to participate in a Power 5 football game. (via @VandyFootball) pic.twitter.com/kIeMh4uRjZ

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 27, 2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:23 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
She kicked the ball like a goalie on a goal kick because that’s all she knows. They didn’t allow her to try a field goal because she would have failed miserably. This was nothing but a publicity stunt. I couldn’t care less, but she wasn’t given this chance based on her merit.
Apparently you've never seen a high-level soccer game.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:31 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I’ve watched soccer live in Italy and England. I am by no means a soccer fan and was taken to these games by business associates, but I do know the mechanics of a goal kick. Not normally a huge follow through and it is mostly about driving the ball with backspin.

Are you of the mind that this woman was playing today because she was so awesome at kicking a football that she earned her way onto the team?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:39 PM 11-28-2020
Maybe, but I doubt it.

What I do know is soccer. I played from the time I was 4, to my second year in college. And from HS to college I started for one of the better HS teams in the state and then a top-25 college, so I know something about how to kick a ball, and what it looks like.

You can't drive a ball either up in the air or down the field kicking it with your instep, and there's no way anyone, man or woman, would accidentally kick a ball with their instep if they wanted to drive the ball downfield. Not at her level.

How you kick a ball is based on where and how you want to shape the kick, and it's instinctual by the time your a senior in HS, so she kicked it with her instep on purpose.

Since I couldn't watch the game I have no idea why they asked her to kick it that way, but I do know that she kicked it that way because they told her to, period.
Yeah, it's pretty blatantly a designed pooch kick and she did it well. It's probably better than airing out a short kick if she doesn't have the leg. But that means shes no better than a left tackle you can ask to just kick it out of bounds. Which makes this feel like a publicity stunt.

If it's true that her range was the 15 yard line then this is a cheap publicity stunt. We've seen carlee Lloyd drill a practice FG from 55. Id actually be curious to see a woman kick a field goal in a game, but only if she had the actual leg to do it. No freebies.

We may never know since Vanderbilt is so damn bad that this kick was the only opportunity she got.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:47 PM 11-28-2020
I'm not sure a planned pooch kick is any better of a look. In fact it makes the whole stunt MUCH WORSE. She had no chance of making a positive play meaning they could have had any turd do what she did
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:48 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I'm not sure a planned pooch kick is any better of a look. In fact it makes the whole stunt MUCH WORSE
I agree. If she's capable of kicking it decently they did her a disservice. If she isn't then why even bother.
[Reply]
loochy 04:51 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I agree. If she's capable of kicking it decently they did her a disservice. If she isn't then why even bother.

Well there's a reason the team is always so awful

maybe the coaches are just idiots all around?
[Reply]
jallmon 05:32 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I thought Jay Cutler started several games at Vanderbilt
Gawddam, this was so far over my head, I didn't even hear the wings flap!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:34 PM 11-28-2020
This is why chick soccer is only relevant every once in a while... Much like the WNBA
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 05:48 PM 11-28-2020
You can keep with this whole soccer angle but you should just stop. They showed her in pregame and her range was 20 yards and barely putting it over. It looked awful. It was worse than most all high school football games. There had to be multiple better options out there. She’s a good soccer player, awesome, but to act like since she can kick a soccer ball it will translate is sorely mistaken.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:50 PM 11-28-2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:52 PM 11-28-2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:52 PM 11-28-2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:54 PM 11-28-2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:55 PM 11-28-2020
Yum!

[Reply]
Sorry 05:57 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
lmao this girl got some issssues. I would love to see if anyone had the...brass titties to take her out.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 25
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up