ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Beards
Holladay 10:19 PM 11-21-2020
I don't like shaving. Most guys don't. My wife doesn't like facial hair but alas she is away for awhile. I am ex-military. We weren't allowed to grow beards (not a submariner) so now I can grow a beard to save time.

For one, it itches like a bit@##. It is now long enough to grab (1/4"). I have tried a few times in the past, but after a week, it itches so bad, I cut the dang thang off.

Second, I looked into "how to make it softer". Dang you are suppose to oil it 2x per day. That takes longer than shaving.

I read to use coconut oil on the hair follicles to imbibe moister thus keeps them from being brittle.

Originally Posted by :
What you have to do is warm two teaspoons of olive oil and then massage it on your beard. You could also leave it overnight since olive oil has no side effects. Wash it off with lukewarm water and your beard will softer in the first use itself.
Gross:

Originally Posted by :
Sorry to break it to you, but that beard on your face is technically pubic hair. ... The follicles of beard hair are composed similarly to the hair on a man's groin and armpits,
Dunno, is it worth the time.

Of course a personal point. Also a desired look....mine is all grey:-)
[Reply]
srvy 12:38 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's a hipster dufus thing.
:-)

Far from a hipster but men have been using oils in hair and beards for a long long time.

As a kid going to the barber I would see men getting a hair cut and beard trims. After is was all said and done there was a bottle of Cremo beard and hair treatment if you preferred. My dad was a Brylcreem hair gel guy who never wore a beard as far as I remember.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:59 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I've had beards a few times in the past and had no idea you were supposed to oil them.
Not adding oil or fats to bread dough will only affect the keeping quality and will prob only last a day or 2, if the dough is mixed and proofed properly, it will be fine. Bread that is dense or crumbly after baking is caused by the gluten not being developed or resting properly.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:54 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
only a low test beta cvck would not be able to grow a beard
Genetics plays a part. Native Americans have a predisposition to a lack of body hair... especially facial hair.

https://www.jacksonville.com/article...NEWS/801230608

Being able to grow a full beard makes you no more a man than being able to grow hair out of the top of your head.

/a male with a shit beard courtesy of genetic predisposition.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:26 AM 11-22-2020
ZZTOP! -> http://youtu.be/uPykTZoGaCo
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:34 AM 11-22-2020
My wife only dislikes the beard shortly after a trim when the hairs are kinda spiky. I use oil once in awhile but have never been super consistent with it. Grew my beard for the first time about 15 years ago and have never looked back
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:41 AM 11-22-2020
I’ve been wearing a beard in the winter and shaving it during the summer for 15 years. It’s just to hot during the summer.

My wife prefers me with a beard.
[Reply]
penchief 07:06 AM 11-22-2020
I'm cursed. I hate shaving but I also hate the way a beard feels on my face so I have to shave every morning. But it grows so fast I'm uncomfortable by the time I go to bed. So I use an electric razor just to smooth it out before hitting the rack.

When I was in the navy I would often get stopped in the passageway late in the day by an officer or CPO who would make me to go shave a second time. I'll still try growing a beard every few years but after a couple days I'm like, "I gotta get this shit off my face."
[Reply]
scho63 07:17 AM 11-22-2020
Shaving has never bothered me, I actually like doing it as I hate the feel of growth on my neck.

I shave in the shower at the end, no mirror, Gillette ATRA twin blade knockoff, soap lather and put non-alcohol based lotion on my face after I get out of the shower.

I've been fortunate to have great skin my whole life, even at 57. No nicks and cuts ever.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:21 AM 11-22-2020
https://www.smelllikeaviking.com/ his stuff is all great. You just have to get thru the hellish part of it itching and then it's all good from there.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:31 AM 11-22-2020
I just wash with head and shoulders daily. Fuck all that hipster stuff. I condition it a few times a week and just let it grow.
[Reply]
redfan 07:51 AM 11-22-2020
**** all that pricey hipster beard oil, so GD perfumed. I used Johnson's hypoallergenic baby oil for years; it's cheap and works great. I'd imagine any sort of mineral oil would do, and be needed if your face itches.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:00 AM 11-22-2020
You roll around in "it" like a dog on a dead possum
[Reply]
unlurking 08:26 AM 11-22-2020
Got a nice beardly going right now, half had a shaped ~1/2 for most of my adult life. Most of the shit you see out there is BS.

1) WASH IT EVERY DAY. Those idiots that say not to are the guys that have 3 tons of product in their beards (and half a ton of food hidden in there). That shit is gross.

2) Beard oil is nice for the skin (especially when itching), but horribly overrated. If you're itching, use a couple drops daily to once a week as needed. More is a waste of time. If you're trying to shape, use balm/wax. Oil is useless for shaping.

3) Ignore the special beard shampoos and conditioners. Regular face/body wash is fine. As it gets longer a natural moisturizing conditioner is nice. I use my cheap regular conditioner a couple times a week. Has aloe and mixed oils. I haven't used beard oil in forever.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:29 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5:
Exactly. You don’t need to do shit to it. Just grow it and trim it and you’re good to go.
That’s me. Except for the trim part.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:33 AM 11-22-2020
Anyone else dealing with "mask beard"? Early on a friend make me some masks with a beard pocket. Unfortunately that was like 8 months ago and my beard has grown out of it and I don't feel like having her make longer ones. I now keep a comb in my truck just to try and minimize the stupid crease my Chiefs masks make. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up