ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Beards
Holladay 10:19 PM 11-21-2020
I don't like shaving. Most guys don't. My wife doesn't like facial hair but alas she is away for awhile. I am ex-military. We weren't allowed to grow beards (not a submariner) so now I can grow a beard to save time.

For one, it itches like a bit@##. It is now long enough to grab (1/4"). I have tried a few times in the past, but after a week, it itches so bad, I cut the dang thang off.

Second, I looked into "how to make it softer". Dang you are suppose to oil it 2x per day. That takes longer than shaving.

I read to use coconut oil on the hair follicles to imbibe moister thus keeps them from being brittle.

Originally Posted by :
What you have to do is warm two teaspoons of olive oil and then massage it on your beard. You could also leave it overnight since olive oil has no side effects. Wash it off with lukewarm water and your beard will softer in the first use itself.
Gross:

Originally Posted by :
Sorry to break it to you, but that beard on your face is technically pubic hair. ... The follicles of beard hair are composed similarly to the hair on a man's groin and armpits,
Dunno, is it worth the time.

Of course a personal point. Also a desired look....mine is all grey:-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:25 PM 11-21-2020
Oiling your beard doesn’t take any time at all. I use Duluth Trading Co. beard oil. Rub a few drops in after I shower and again around lunchtime.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 10:27 PM 11-21-2020
only a low test beta cvck would not be able to grow a beard
[Reply]
srvy 10:42 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
only a low test beta cvck would not be able to grow a beard
OK then post yours stud.

This is how I picture your beard. Being you are a dirty raider fan.

[Reply]
Dante84 10:44 PM 11-21-2020
This stuff works great instead of liquid oil that drips everywhere, this is the consistency of a less viscous vaseline and smells good too.

Layrite Concentrated Beard Oil https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0YIMWZ...p_mob_ap_share
[Reply]
srvy 10:52 PM 11-21-2020
I have 2 favorite beard oils I choose who is cheaper in time for new.

Hawkins and Brimble

Honest Amish

Foe homedics and severely dry and brittle beard use coconut oil. Dont laugh it really works and its really the only useful thing from coconuts.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:59 PM 11-21-2020
I am really good at growing a beard. Takes no effort at all.
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 10:59 PM 11-21-2020
I've grown several beards. They do itch from about 5 to 10 days, then it gets better. I have never oiled a beard, just trim it and shave lower neck area. I agree, I also hate shaving. Enjoy the beard, while the wife is gone!
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:03 PM 11-21-2020
I have two beard oils...cant say i know what they do aside from make my beard shiny and smelly.

I use Billy Jealousy Devil's Delight and Cremo...Tea leaf or some shit.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:08 PM 11-21-2020
Are you still married to that crazy bitch you griped about for months on end?
[Reply]
srvy 11:13 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I have two beard oils...cant say i know what they do aside from make my beard shiny and smelly.

I use Billy Jealousy Devil's Delight and Cremo...Tea leaf or some shit.
Cremo is old school a long-time men's grooming standard.
[Reply]
srvy 11:19 PM 11-21-2020
When my wife complains about a beard I just throw back hair color. I married a brunette who wants to be a blond or redhead. Its a Filipino thing I think. She also was having her sister mailing her skin whitener from the Phils. The shit broke her out in hives lol. I just tell her to be who she is, but in one ear out the other.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:21 PM 11-21-2020
I've had beards a few times in the past and had no idea you were supposed to oil them.
[Reply]
eDave 11:57 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I've had beards a few times in the past and had no idea you were supposed to oil them.
It's a hipster dufus thing.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 12:02 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's a hipster dufus thing.
Exactly. You don’t need to do shit to it. Just grow it and trim it and you’re good to go.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up