ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 162
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 11-02-2020
Also isn't it amazing how without Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell, Roethlisberger looks extremely pedestrian, especially Brown, their passing game died when he left.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:34 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's exactly my point, though.

Those teams aren't better than the Steelers but they're good enough to beat the Steelers, especially if the Steelers have to play them back to back to back.

One bad bounce in any of those games and the Steelers lose. They're all flawed.
They could. I mean any given Sunday is a real thing...see Vikings/Packers and Titans/Bengals yesterday.

The Steelers have a far higher risk tolerance than the Titans, Bills or Ravens. They didn’t score a single point on offense in the first half, they gave up about 140 rushing yards at half and were down 10. Then they turned it on and came back and won.

I don’t trust the Ravens, Titans or Bills to be able to come back in situations like that bc they rely so heavily on the run to score points. We saw what happened with those teams when they were down multiple scores. It was over.

Steelers are the only team I could see being a threat the whole game whether we are tied or up 10.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:34 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Come on chef fans. I followed your game vs the jets on the ticker at the bottom of my tv. You guys were up like 20 - 9 going into the 4th quarter. Then the hapless jets gave up and mahomes had 2 more tds in garbage time. But the fact remains that mahomes just isnt quite as good as last year. Surely you guys see it.

As far as the Titans go, Vrabel needs to answer for his defense. His ego may be the demise of this championship caliber team. Andy Reid was on a similar path last year and he turned the defense around. Just like this years Titans will
if it were me, I'd have quit the moment the clock struck 00:00 on a loss to the Bengals.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They could. I mean any given Sunday is a real thing...see Vikings/Packers and Titans/Bengals yesterday.

The Steelers have a far higher risk tolerance than the Titans, Bills or Ravens. They didn’t score a single point on offense in the first half, they gave up about 140 rushing yards at half and were down 10. Then they turned it on and came back and won.

I don’t trust the Ravens, Titans or Bills to be able to come back in situations like that bc they rely so heavily on the run to score points. We saw what happened with those teams when they were down multiple scores. It was over.

Steelers are the only team I could see being a threat the whole game whether we are tied or up 10.
That's my point.

The Steelers are really the only threat to the Chiefs, whether it's the #1 seed or straight up in a game. However, with the way the Steelers are playing, I don't even see them playing the Chiefs. They're going to stumble before that happens.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:35 AM 11-02-2020

And normally when you get 4 turnovers with one of them being a pick 6 you blow a team out, you aren't in the final 30 seconds with a legit chance to lose...matter of fact they almost lost twice in the final 2 minutes.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:42 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
And normally when you get 4 turnovers with one of them being a pick 6 you blow a team out, you aren't in the final 30 seconds with a legit chance to lose...matter of fact they almost lost twice in the final 2 minutes.
That’s my point. They played pretty poorly for over half of both of those games and they still won.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 11-02-2020
That’s my point. They played pretty poorly for over half of both of those games and they still won.
Because those other teams are severely flawed, not because Pittsburgh is dominant.
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM 11-02-2020
That's my point.

The Steelers are really the only threat to the Chiefs, whether it's the #1 seed or straight up in a game. However, with the way the Steelers are playing, I don't even see them playing the Chiefs. They're going to stumble before that happens.
What you're saying about Pitt is true. The problem is, other than KC, they won't have to face a good QB in the playoffs. The AFC as strong as it is, isn't a powerhouse of QB play. Other than Mahomes, it's a big bag of meh.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:49 AM 11-02-2020
Sure, but the way the Steelers play is a surefire way to lose your 1st playoff game, you're relying on so much to break right every single week, against most of the league you'll win, against the best ehh..

We all should know, that team is Marty's Chiefs...The Steelers and Titans are both built that way, we all know how that story ends.
Unfortunately the Steelers have already played two of the top five teams in the AFC.

The playoffs should be pretty fun this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:50 AM 11-02-2020
There's a lot of pretenders in both leagues, I wouldn't stress though, they aren't gonna go 16-0 or 15-1, they'll drop a couple with that style.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:53 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
What you're saying about Pitt is true. The problem is, other than KC, they won't have to face a good QB in the playoffs. The AFC as strong as it is, isn't a powerhouse of QB play. Other than Mahomes, it's a big bag of meh.
Yeah, every AFC playoff game that doesn't include the Chiefs will likely be a 50/50 game of mediocrity.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:56 AM 11-02-2020
Because those other teams are severely flawed, not because Pittsburgh is dominant.
I'm kind of here too: Obviously, the Steelers are a good team, and the old adage is "you are what your record says you are"

They are a very good defense, but they blitz quite a bit and are suspect over the top, which plays very well into our favor.

On offense, they look fairly decent, and have some playmakers, but not some type of unstoppable force.

This is all eyeball test on my part, but I just see a good to very good team, but not a juggernaut by any means....
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:58 AM 11-02-2020
Against a QB that completed 46% of his passes on the day.....If Jackson could have hit the broad side of a barn yesterday, Steelers would have lost, even given the two picks
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:59 AM 11-02-2020
Looking at Pittsburgh’s schedule...

Indy, Cincy x 2, Baltimore, Washington...

I think they lose 2 of those 5 games. Chiefs seem to win the tiebreaker just about every way I’ve simulated it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:00 AM 11-02-2020
I just want the Steelers in the playoffs. I want revenge for 2017. That loss still hurts
[Reply]
Page 30 of 162
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up