ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3201 of 3903
« First < 2201270131013151319131973198319932003201 32023203320432053211325133013701 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:56 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Well my 78 year old dad was diagnosed with Covid today. He’s been sick for a week or so and kept telling me it was just a cold. I told him he shouldn’t go anywhere or anything, just in case. He’s been going to restaurants etc. Two nights ago he went with friends and played cards and had supper even though he wasn’t feeling well. Today he can’t stand without feeling like he’ll fall over. Oxygen level at 90. And he doesn’t remember what the doctor told him about the medicines so he’s going back tomorrow. He won’t listen to me. SMH
Hope he’ll be okay. And I hope everyone he's been in contact with will be okay as well. He's a nine hour round trip from me so there's not much I can do in terms of dropping off groceries or medicine. He doesn't have any family near him. ****.

The only good thing is I won't have to hear, "I'm 99.9% sure I had it back in November so I don't think I can catch it." Even if it was in the US then it wasn't in the freaking rural Midwest. SMH. I kept trying to tell him.
Positive thoughts heading your way concerning your Dad. Maybe he’ll start listening to you sooner than later.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:43 PM 11-28-2020

THREAD: I just spent 3 days with frontline workers at hospitals in a part of Appalachia where hospitalizations have more than doubled in the last month. But hospital staff say many in their hard-hit communities still don’t believe COVID is real. Misinformation is rampant.

— Dasha Burns (@DashaBurns) November 28, 2020

Another nurse told me some come in severely sick with COVID, but when they test positive they blame the hospital for giving it to them. There’s a popular conspiracy theory that hospitals are benefitting financially from COVID. But in fact, many are struggling to stay afloat.

Where have I heard that conspiracy theory before? Oh yeah - this thread - about 400 times.

These frontline workers see multiple deaths during a single shift...then go out into a world where people downplay the virus, say masks infringe on their civil liberties, and tell stories of big gatherings. And they know they will make more calls to the funeral home tomorrow.

Disinformation is killing people across the country. Not just the people who believe the disinfo themselves, but the people they kill. It's as simple as that.

I don't know if this will get flagged for being political, but it's not. Also what's being reported in these tweets as far as people believing - isn't any different than the nonsense gets posted in this thread and lol in DC it's 100x worse.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:55 PM 11-28-2020
Well my 78 year old dad was diagnosed with Covid today. He’s been sick for a week or so and kept telling me it was just a cold. I told him he shouldn’t go anywhere or anything, just in case. He’s been going to restaurants etc. Two nights ago he went with friends and played cards and had supper even though he wasn’t feeling well. Today he can’t stand without feeling like he’ll fall over. Oxygen level at 90. And he doesn’t remember what the doctor told him about the medicines so he’s going back tomorrow. He won’t listen to me. SMH
Hope he’ll be okay. And I hope everyone he's been in contact with will be okay as well. He's a nine hour round trip from me so there's not much I can do in terms of dropping off groceries or medicine. He doesn't have any family near him. ****.

The only good thing is I won't have to hear, "I'm 99.9% sure I had it back in November so I don't think I can catch it." Even if it was in the US then it wasn't in the freaking rural Midwest. SMH. I kept trying to tell him.
Hope he comes around to listening.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:01 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Where have I heard that conspiracy theory before? Oh yeah - this thread - about 400 times.

Disinformation is killing people across the country. It's as simple as that. I don't know if this will get flagged for being political, but it's not. Also what's being reported in these tweets as far as people believing - isn't any different than the nonsense gets posted in this thread and lol in DC it's 100x worse.
You can't fix stupid. Especially when a lot of the stupid is coming from the top. Too many people believe what they want to believe no matter what info is available.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:07 PM 11-28-2020

Disinformation is killing people across the country. It's as simple as that. I don't know if this will get flagged for being political, but it's not. Also what's being reported in these tweets as far as people believing - isn't any different than the nonsense gets posted in this thread and lol in DC it's 100x worse.
Suzzer that tweet is all anecdotal and not believable , at least that is what I was told recently.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:15 PM 11-28-2020
It sounds like hyperbole horse shit, sorry
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:02 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Suzzer that tweet is all anecdotal and not believable , at least that is what I was told recently.
Yeah just another blue checkmark reporting from the frontlines where people are saying the same exact stuff we hear in this thread all the time.

But the funny part is the people who minimize covid or say stuff like masks don't work or hospitals are faking death certificates - also refuse to believe that people who are dying parrot the exact same disinformation. Just because I say it doesn't mean I accept that someone getting ready to be intubated in West Virginia says it. o_O
[Reply]
Otter 03:01 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You have two groups: a placebo group and a vaccine group. The groups should be comparable in distribution (similar distribution of age, race, sex). Over a period of several weeks, you establish the number of infections in both groups. If the sample sizes are sufficient, and once you reach a certain number of infections, you can establish the risk of infection after receiving the vaccine. That risk reduction is the efficacy of the vaccine.
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
You have a double blind RCT and allow time to do its thing. If they had done a challenge trial we’d all be getting vaccinated by now but ethics and all that.... this would be a fun one to examine in a philosophy class some day.
Seem like a very unreliable method to produce stable data.

Too many variables such as lifestyle, hygiene, public exposure, travel, and so on and so forth that cannot be accounted for to allow me to trust the results. Life is simply too random to measure these factors in the application survey I'm sure the participants were required to fill out.

I'm going with a 50% reliability of the conclusion. And that's generous in my opinion.

And BRC if that 8th grade knowledge you posted was directed towards my question. I hold an AAS, BAS, and MAS but thanks for the refresher. You being you.
[Reply]
Otter 03:10 AM 11-29-2020
Yeah just another blue checkmark reporting from the frontlines where people are saying the same exact stuff we hear in this thread all the time.

But the funny part is the people who minimize covid or say stuff like masks don't work or hospitals are faking death certificates - also refuse to believe that people who are dying parrot the exact same disinformation. Just because I say it doesn't mean I accept that someone getting ready to be intubated in West Virginia says it. o_O
If our government and media didn't lie so much the public wouldn't be so cynical and distrustful of what they say.

What the hell does "intubated" mean and where's those gay reps I sent you? See what I mean about lying having consequences?
[Reply]
TLO 03:32 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Seem like a very unreliable method to produce stable data.

Too many variables such as lifestyle, hygiene, public exposure, travel, and so on and so forth that cannot be accounted for to allow me to trust the results. Life is simply too random to measure these factors in the application survey I'm sure the participants were required to fill out.

I'm going with a 50% reliability of the conclusion. And that's generous in my opinion.

And BRC if that 8th grade knowledge you posted was directed towards my question. I hold an AAS, BAS, and MAS but thanks for the refresher. You being you.
:-)
[Reply]
Otter 03:55 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
:-)

Originally Posted by :
You have a double blind RCT and allow time to do its thing.
This was mainly what I was referring to in my response buy feel free to post another emoji.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:17 AM 11-29-2020
Are Covid Patients Gasping ‘It Isn’t Real’ As They Die?
An ER nurse’s anecdote of deranged denialism went viral. But when the media caught wind of the story, reporters didn’t do their jobs.

As WIRED’s Gilad Edelman reported at the time, none of these accounts held up to further scrutiny—yet each had been picked up from its original source and then amplified by larger publications that added little or no additional reporting. There’s good reason for these stories to be passed along, Edelman wrote. The hospital administrator who first went public with the story of the last-breath Covid-party confession is “trying desperately to get the American public to take the coronavirus seriously. If she hears a perfect cautionary tale, it isn’t necessarily her responsibility to investigate whether it’s too perfect before passing it along. It is, however, precisely the job of reporters.”

https://www.wired.com/story/are-covi...l-as-they-die/
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:22 AM 11-29-2020
How have things been in Kansas City and Missouri?

Hoping the situation is improving rather than worsening
[Reply]
petegz28 08:31 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So I met an RN at a conference last year, and we've kept up a friendship via Facebook as she lives in California. She always seemed very intelligent and level headed to me.

Today I read a post she made on Facebook about how taking the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine was abusing your "white privilege".

God damnit
Woke peoples.....
[Reply]
petegz28 08:35 AM 11-29-2020

Yeah, he needs to watch the oxy level. If he is a week into it hopefully this is the worst of it and he will start getting better. I tell you what though, I had my symptoms show on October 23rd and I still have feelings throughout the day like I am fighting off a cold or flu and I am very tired.
[Reply]
Page 3201 of 3903
« First < 2201270131013151319131973198319932003201 32023203320432053211325133013701 > Last »
Up