ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>"George Kittle is the best TE in the NFL"
CupidStunt 06:02 PM 01-12-2020

[Reply]
Valiant 12:59 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I want Kelce to end his career as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I hope we can call him the best ever when he retires.

Pioli and Haley were egomaniacs who attacked Tony Gonzalez and Brian Waters, two All-Pro players, when they requested to meet with the new GM and Head Coach.

I believe that's where the infamous insult, or boast, came from when those pieces of said that they could win 2 games with 22 players off the streets.

Tony should have played his entire career in KC. I am hoping that Veach and Reid can keep Kelce here until he retires.

As far as comparing stats between the two after X amount of games, Kelce should be ahead of Tony's pace. Kelce has played his entire career with a Hall of Fame head coach who really doesn't like to run the ball. And he is in his 3rd season with Mahomes as his starting QB.

As a Chief, Gonzalez caught passes from Elvis Grbac, Rich Gannon, and Todd Collins, in an offensive system that was based on the running game.

Then he spent a few years with Trent Green, before catching passes from Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, and finally Tyler FN Thigpen. L

Kelce played with Alex Smith, who uses tight ends as emotional support receivers, in an Andy Reid offensive system that gave Smith an excuse to make Kelce his first read on every pass play.

And now Kelce is playing with the best QB certainly in Chiefs history, and possibly in NFL history.

So, comparing stats through the same amount of games should favor Kelce. Tony Gonzalez was on with Cowherd, and said he believes that if he had played under Andy Reid and with Patrick Mahomes, he would have set records that would probably never be broken.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Disagree. Tony was the only receiving crutch for a decade almost for the chiefs and their qbs. He was force feed the ball. Both would have performed well. Mahomes spreads the ball around.

Tony is great and currently the best te ever. But hopefully at this pace kelce supplants him. But one thing kelce is better at and a fact. He shows up in playoff games and catches the tough passes. Only 1win in seven tries and his stats were average for gonzo.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:02 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kittle is really kind of a bitch for real. The stuff last year before the SB where he talked about being picked on by two Chiefs players in college. There was something else he was whining about this year, but I can't remember what it was.

May not make him a turd person, but he's a whiney bitch.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:02 PM 11-28-2020
People say Kelce is getting old because when he takes big hits he gets up a little slow and kind of trots instead of runs back to the huddle. And then occasionally (it's only been 1-2 times per year) he gets a leg ding and has to miss a little time during games.

Guess what? That's football. Shit fucking happens. At this same point in his career, was Gronk playing 16 games per season?

Oh. He wasn't, was he?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:03 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Kittle is really kind of a bitch for real. The stuff last year before the SB where he talked about being picked on by two Chiefs players in college. There was something else he was whining about this year, but I can't remember what it was.

May not make him a turd person, but he's a whiney bitch.
That was a joke. He's probably friends with Ben Niemann going back to his Iowa days and said it just to rib him. Kind of like when Mahomes and Dieter had that fake feud they kept bringing up during press conferences.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:05 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Gronk will be a HOFer, IMO. He has a solid percentage of the necessary stats, he has the hardware, and he passes the eye test with ease.

Personally, I believe that Kelce is a HOFer right now, and the 'algorithm' can go get stuffed. But since joining CP a couple years ago I've heard the "Kelce is getting old," and the "Kelce doesn't have the numbers," argument more than I've hard the "Kelce is a HOFer," argument on CP.

But I honestly don't know how much weight the HOF gives the stats exactly.
Yeah, gronk should be a hof also. As stated numerous times. If kelce can pull off 4 or 5 more years he is a shoe in.

If he sets any records for season marks for a te and plays less, I think he also has a good shot. Him like gronk if they do well and keep winning championships can do the same thing.

The only thing I can think of that makes him quit early is he wins 2more championships and decides to retire early and do his fashion business more.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:07 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by A8bil:
Kittle = faster, better blocker (at line and downfield)
Kelce = bigger, uses body better to get position, healthier

You're happy if you have either, but keep in mind that Kittle has made his mark receiving passes from Brian Hoyer, CJ Beathard, Nick Mullens and JG. Kelce has had all world Mahomes and TE-dependent Alex Smith. I shudder to think what kind of numbers kittle would put up if he were on KC....if he stayed healthy.
Most mediocre/bad QBs force feed the TE. Kittle has had 2 good seasons and people saying he's better than Kelce is absurd.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:08 PM 11-28-2020
I just watched Kelce in Moonbase 8.

They already killed him off.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:18 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Disagree. Tony was the only receiving crutch for a decade almost for the chiefs and their qbs. He was force feed the ball. Both would have performed well. Mahomes spreads the ball around.

Tony is great and currently the best te ever. But hopefully at this pace kelce supplants him. But one thing kelce is better at and a fact. He shows up in playoff games and catches the tough passes. Only 1win in seven tries and his stats were average for gonzo.

This is bullshit. Kelce was like 1-4 in the postseason before Mahomes came. Give Gonzalez a Mahomes and his playoff record would also look a hell of a lot better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:32 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is bullshit. Kelce was like 1-4 in the postseason before Mahomes came. Give Gonzalez a Mahomes and his playoff record would also look a hell of a lot better.
TG with Alex Smith for most of his career probably would've amassed at least another 5,000 yards receiving.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:06 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
People say Kelce is getting old because when he takes big hits he gets up a little slow and kind of trots instead of runs back to the huddle. And then occasionally (it's only been 1-2 times per year) he gets a leg ding and has to miss a little time during games.

Guess what? That's football. Shit fucking happens. At this same point in his career, was Gronk playing 16 games per season?

Oh. He wasn't, was he?

Gronk also had a cast on his arm and would do elbow drops on DBs that intercepted his boyfriend Tom Brady.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:22 PM 11-28-2020
I think one of the stats of the week is that if Kelce gets to 1,000 yards tomorrow, it will be the fastest a TE has ever reached 1,000 yards receiving in a season.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:49 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Guess what? That's football. Shit ****ing happens. At this same point in his career, was Gronk playing 16 games per season?

Oh. He wasn't, was he?
That's a shame people say that. Dude might play harder than anyone out there. If he's slow to get back it's because on every down he's not just getting chipped, he's getting clocked. Since defenses have no other way of stopping him. See new England.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:27 PM 12-03-2020

[Reply]
Sorce 03:38 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
Wouldn't that make your uncle gay?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:46 PM 12-03-2020
Gronk is NOT the greatest TE in history.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up