ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Show your Christmas lights
displacedinMN 09:12 PM 11-28-2020
After a long time looking, I was able to add some color changing lights on my house.

They are not app controlled but have a lot of colors and scenes. My wife did not want it to look like there were lights on the house full time after Christmas is over.

I have added more around the house and have them on an app controlled plug system.

Working on how to make them flash when the chiefs win or score.

A. House in chiefs mode.
B. House in red pants mode.
C. Made sure I had extra for an arrowhead.
D. House in hawkeyes mode.

It is a work in progress

Attached: Resized_20201101_172810.jpg (46.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:45 PM 11-28-2020
I don't do Christmas lights. It attracts the aliens.

Yours are nice, though.
[Reply]
srvy 09:54 PM 11-28-2020
Very nice display Displaced.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:17 PM 11-28-2020
Looks great!
[Reply]
lewdog 10:18 PM 11-28-2020
Yeah that’s a nice look. Good work!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:29 PM 11-28-2020
Bit of a story.....

I ordered lights to go around the main ridges of the front. 100 bucks.

About a few weeks later-I received ANOTHER of the same set. Sent to me from someone in CA.

A few days later-I received ANOTHER set of lights-from CA.
Then another set from Minnesota.

Last week-a pink set from somewhere.

So I have received 160 feet of lights for free. I have 120 more feet that I cannot get to work.

I made sure I called Amazon. I could keep all of it. Made sure the people that sent them to me got credit.

How did this happen? I became the returns department for this company that sells on Amazon. IF I can get the others to work, I will be able to send plans to the airport.
[Reply]
kstater 10:34 PM 11-28-2020
What lights did you get
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:42 PM 11-28-2020
I like other folks lights
[Reply]
Holladay 12:39 AM 11-29-2020
A number of years ago, I was placing the lights 2.5 stories up on an extension ladder. I was on the next to top rung and shoving the holders into the shingles. Then I saw, in my head, a news flash, "Dude died falling of ladder putting up Christmas Lights". Maybe it would have been noble and a gateway to heaven, but no. That was the last time I put up Christmas lights that high.

Now if I do, down low. They don't look as nice, but I don't have parachutes.

I do have a large barn. I have a medium sized wooden cross. When I put a flood light in front, it lights the whole side of the barn in the shadow of the cross. Looks cool.
[Reply]
alanm 12:52 AM 11-29-2020
Your lights look great. Was looking at your yard though. I'd really hate to mow that yard. Too damn big. :-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:04 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Holladay:
A number of years ago, I was placing the lights 2.5 stories up on an extension ladder. I was on the next to top rung and shoving the holders into the shingles. Then I saw, in my head, a news flash, "Dude died falling of ladder putting up Christmas Lights". Maybe it would have been noble and a gateway to heaven, but no. That was the last time I put up Christmas lights that high.

Now if I do, down low. They don't look as nice, but I don't have parachutes.

I do have a large barn. I have a medium sized wooden cross. When I put a flood light in front, it lights the whole side of the barn in the shadow of the cross. Looks cool.
This was exactly me a few years ago. Was on an extension ladder and my foot slipped a little. I caught myself and wasn’t hurt in any way, but I could picture my wife finding me dead on the driveway.

Now I pay a company to put up our Christmas lights. They store them all year and come out the week of thanksgiving and hang all the outside decorations including a 5’ lit up wreath in the main peak of the house.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:43 AM 11-29-2020
OMG CUTE!!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:09 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
Your lights look great. Was looking at your yard though. I'd really hate to mow that yard. Too damn big. :-)
The first time I mowed after the grass was installed was a bear. I had a me-propelled mower---it took 3 hours. I bought a rider.

The color lights will be on full time. The drop lights will come down and are easy to do. Need a little help from tall child #1.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:14 AM 11-29-2020
Nice work Clark. :-) Seriously, well done.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:16 PM 06-19-2022
Had to update. On the hottest day of the year

I had trimlights installed.

They will dance to music, but I cannot get the video to upload

I can change to any color, or pattern.
[Reply]
Up