ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Beards
Holladay 10:19 PM 11-21-2020
I don't like shaving. Most guys don't. My wife doesn't like facial hair but alas she is away for awhile. I am ex-military. We weren't allowed to grow beards (not a submariner) so now I can grow a beard to save time.

For one, it itches like a bit@##. It is now long enough to grab (1/4"). I have tried a few times in the past, but after a week, it itches so bad, I cut the dang thang off.

Second, I looked into "how to make it softer". Dang you are suppose to oil it 2x per day. That takes longer than shaving.

I read to use coconut oil on the hair follicles to imbibe moister thus keeps them from being brittle.

Originally Posted by :
What you have to do is warm two teaspoons of olive oil and then massage it on your beard. You could also leave it overnight since olive oil has no side effects. Wash it off with lukewarm water and your beard will softer in the first use itself.
Gross:

Originally Posted by :
Sorry to break it to you, but that beard on your face is technically pubic hair. ... The follicles of beard hair are composed similarly to the hair on a man's groin and armpits,
Dunno, is it worth the time.

Of course a personal point. Also a desired look....mine is all grey:-)
[Reply]
prhom 02:04 PM 11-22-2020
Had a beard for about 8 yrs now. Never had a huge problem with it being itchy unless it was on my neck and needed to be cleaned up a bit. I don’t find it to be too much less work than shaving, but shaving was annoying and was never that smooth. My hair is just really coarse.

I oil it now but not to make it smooth. Nothing I’ve tried makes mine smooth. I just don’t like beard smell in my mask and the oil in there makes it more enjoyable. I do wash it every day too. I think the oil does help keep the shape a little too. The other products they sell aren’t all that great and always feels like there stuff in it.
[Reply]
eDave 02:09 PM 11-22-2020
That's glorious, unlurking.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:15 PM 11-22-2020
Grew my first real beard this year at the age of 53... my 'Rona beard, working from home and not traveling, no need to shave. Itched like crazy for the first 2 weeks, now it's fine, I use some beard oil when I go out to keep it from looking to straggly...It seems to grow faster every week. Don't mind the beard, however, I think I will shave it off when normalcy comes back.
[Reply]
eDave 02:17 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Grew my first real beard this year at the age of 53... my 'Rona beard, working from home and not traveling, no need to shave. Itched like crazy for the first 2 weeks, now it's fine, I use some beard oil when I go out to keep it from looking to straggly...It seems to grow faster every week. Don't mind the beard, however, I think I will shave it off when normalcy comes back.
This what I'm doing with my hair.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 11-22-2020
I can't do a beard, tried it a couple times but I'm never able to get past the itchy phase... couple days of that and its "fuck this I'm shaving it"
[Reply]
Bowser 02:49 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Are you still married to that crazy bitch you griped about for months on end?
You'll have to be more specific as to whom this question is directed at. TIA
[Reply]
Holladay 04:55 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by :
I'll still try growing a beard every few years but after a couple days I'm like, "I gotta get this shit off my face."
Originally Posted by :
I can't do a beard, tried it a couple times but I'm never able to get past the itchy phase... couple days of that and its "**** this I'm shaving it"
That's where I am at. From the responses here, I will try and gut it out for another week.

When I do shave, I have a electric shaver in the car. I live in the middle of nowhere and see 4 cars going to work, thus shave as I go. No wasted time and decent results.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:21 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Shaving has never bothered me, I actually like doing it as I hate the feel of growth on my neck.

I shave in the shower at the end, no mirror, Gillette ATRA twin blade knockoff, soap lather and put non-alcohol based lotion on my face after I get out of the shower.

I've been fortunate to have great skin my whole life, even at 57. No nicks and cuts ever.
I shave mirrorless in the shower too. I just keep going and bic my dome too. I don’t have the blessing of good skin but I hate hair. Hair fucking sucks. I hate being hot. It’s harder to clean. My body hair must be kind of coarse because if I wear long sleeves my arm hair will irritate my skin slightly. I’ve pretty much rubbed the hair off my upper arms and where my jeans lay, but it’s coat season and the hair is just in the fucking way. I’d be hairless if it wasn’t so much work.

/rant
[Reply]
Monticore 11-22-2020, 07:35 PM
This message has been deleted by Monticore.
GloryDayz 10:00 PM 11-22-2020
Had them in the 80s, but not many since. Gray beard aren't all that.
[Reply]
Sorce 10:52 PM 11-22-2020
Growing a beard right now, conditioner helps with the itchyness.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Holladay 12:44 AM 11-29-2020
Not shaved yet. Not too itchy. Been putting an aloe mix.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:48 AM 11-29-2020
I had what must have been a beard growing in my ass crack, I shaved it.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:00 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Got a nice beardly going right now, half had a shaped ~1/2 for most of my adult life. Most of the shit you see out there is BS.

1) WASH IT EVERY DAY. Those idiots that say not to are the guys that have 3 tons of product in their beards (and half a ton of food hidden in there). That shit is gross.

2) Beard oil is nice for the skin (especially when itching), but horribly overrated. If you're itching, use a couple drops daily to once a week as needed. More is a waste of time. If you're trying to shape, use balm/wax. Oil is useless for shaping.

3) Ignore the special beard shampoos and conditioners. Regular face/body wash is fine. As it gets longer a natural moisturizing conditioner is nice. I use my cheap regular conditioner a couple times a week. Has aloe and mixed oils. I haven't used beard oil in forever.

Meant to upvote and fat fingered it like a nervous boy on prom night. Hit the wrong spot
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:49 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Oiling your beard doesn’t take any time at all. I use Duluth Trading Co. beard oil. Rub a few drops in after I shower and again around lunchtime.
Will try this. I like their products. My beard is like a brillo pad.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up