ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Best Or Worst Retail Exp??????
CASHMAN 10:47 PM 01-07-2003
I was just wondering if any of you had a good or bad day at a retail store? or work at one and have some info into why some customers think they own the place they spend there money in? and why customer service has gone down hill??

CASHMAN.
[Reply]
stanleychief 01:08 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Stanleychief, you're exactly right. I'm in the flooring business and there is the occasional bad job. Most of the time I should have known better than to take it. But once I have it's best to just make it work. Some of the worst jobs turn out to be the best referrals. You'll eventually make up the $$ if you do it right.
How true! I have had several referrals come back and say, "Oh man, when I heard you worked with so-and-so, I knew you could work with me!" Most of the time, the people they refer think they're a pain in the *** too! :-)

When I get a doosey of a client, I just think to myself, "They're not my friend, they're a client. Once my job is over, I won't have to deal with them again!" It's all business, never personal, although that is much easier said than done a lot of times!
[Reply]
Valiant 01:24 AM 01-08-2003
i feel some of your sorry... as long as the customers are not being rude and dickheads they should always get great service..i mean you are all tips for your money..

hell if you are a great server..you get depending on price 30% and up...for a tip...
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 01:41 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KCChiefsMan
I'm a waitor at a restaraunt and to be quite honest with you, if you come in looking like trash, you get bad service, BUT I have my certain characteristics that I look for to determine if I'm going to give them bad service:
1) if you come in and I've served you before and I know you don't tip, then they'll just get the worst service in the world (and NO I wouldn't ever spit in the food or shit like that, just no refills and really really slow and rude service)
2) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with the confederate flag on it
3) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with Nascar on it
4) if the person has a mullet
5) if they are rude to me regardless of what you look like
6) if they are missing teeth (unless they are really polite)
7) if they look like they are in high school
8) if they are wearing dirty t-shirts
9) if they are wearing John Deer hats
10) if I just get the "I'm not getting a tip from this table vibe"

People really PISS me off when I give them good service and they leave crappy tips, I'd rather have fun with them and give them horrible service and not get a tip so they will be reluctant to come back.
Wow, you hit the nail on the head man. I worked part time at Chili's as a server to have a little extra cash while attending college. So much trash comes in there. They think they can push you around and do or say anything they want. BS, I only put up with that for so long. I'll only do so much for a tip. If you have come in before and left shitty tips, you will WITHOUT A DOUBT get shitty service. Waiters start to recognize you eventually. And Chiefsman, when I say that certain "kinds" of people always tip shitty...I think you know what I'm talking about. It can be a very frustrating job.
[Reply]
RJ 01:44 AM 01-08-2003
Stanleychief, that is on the money. Friends of the most difficult customers know what their friends are like. We did a job recently for a real pain-in-the-butt where we barely broke even. But he referred 2 customers to us than more than made up for the heartache.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:53 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KCChiefsMan
I'm a waitor at a restaraunt and to be quite honest with you, if you come in looking like trash, you get bad service, BUT I have my certain characteristics that I look for to determine if I'm going to give them bad service:
1) if you come in and I've served you before and I know you don't tip, then they'll just get the worst service in the world (and NO I wouldn't ever spit in the food or shit like that, just no refills and really really slow and rude service)
2) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with the confederate flag on it
3) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with Nascar on it
4) if the person has a mullet
5) if they are rude to me regardless of what you look like
6) if they are missing teeth (unless they are really polite)
7) if they look like they are in high school
8) if they are wearing dirty t-shirts
9) if they are wearing John Deer hats
10) if I just get the "I'm not getting a tip from this table vibe"

People really PISS me off when I give them good service and they leave crappy tips, I'd rather have fun with them and give them horrible service and not get a tip so they will be reluctant to come back.
I'm not going to bother with the stupidity of the entire post, but I'll pick one point and hope you can figure out the rest yourself.

First, my girlfriend is a big nascar freak, and while I deteste the "sport" she loves it. I don't like it, and don't pretend to, but I try and follow a tad of it to at least converse with her. I can see why some people like it, but I don't.

See, I really try and get along with people. It's hard sometimes, me and the girlfriend don't always agree. But we try, and we always find some middle ground.

Then there are bass ackwards people like yourself, too tied to who either turned you down for the prom or stole your luch money to ever really move on in life. You cling to the same assanine presumptions you had in high school before you left mommy's little nest and found out that in the real world people aren't cookie-cutter coppies of each other like the prejudices in your head. I sometimes refer to persons like yourself as "little people." Like the Umpa-loompas.

And when we get in our arguments, and see someone as narrowminded and pathetic as yourself, we laugh. We laugh and point and laugh and point and laugh more...ahhhhhh.....a good belly laugh....And we forget what it was we were really angry about anyway....:-)
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 01:55 AM 01-08-2003
I figuged a lot of people were going to flame KCChiefman's post, but until you have been a waiter, you just don't know. You have no idea.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:03 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Above_Average
I figuged a lot of people were going to flame KCChiefman's post, but until you have been a waiter, you just don't know. You have no idea.
Whatever. That's a fat line of BS.

I've been a waiter. I've managed a store. I've been cook. I've worked everything from a Golf Course pro shop to Pizza Hut to the Missouri Division of Highway safety.

A lot of people suck. A lot of jobs suck. But you'll find that the best waiters/waitresses make the most money. It's that simple. It's not the best looking, or the bosses favorite, it's the hardest working and most polite.

That simple. Odds are if you don't get the tips, it's because you're a $#itty server. Not because all people suck.
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 02:03 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE

Whatever. That's a fat line of BS.

I've been a waiter. I've managed a store. I've been cook. I've worked everything from a Golf Course pro shop to Pizza Hut to the Missouri Division of Highway safety.

A lot of people suck. A lot of jobs suck. But you'll find that the best waiters/waitresses make the most money. It's that simple. It's not the best looking, or the bosses favorite, it's the hardest working and most polite.

That simple. Odds are if you don't get the tips, it's because you're a $#itty server. Not because all people suck.
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
stanleychief 02:04 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Who says we haven't but handled it differently? :-) I've had poor people stiff me and rich people stiff me. When it comes to poor people not tipping well, I usually thought to myself, "Gee, they probably could barely afford their dinner, my performance as a server was probably good, they were just broke!" Somehow I took more comfort in that than the rich people who came in and were friendly and stiffed me. Some people are of the belief that they don't have to tip you well, and that tipping is optional. Guess what? IT IS!

I'm not saying that it doesn't suck to get stiffed, but it's part of life, it's gonna happen, why let it affect your performance?
[Reply]
FloridaChief 02:06 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :

:-) :-) :-)
Still dreaming of Portis's fumbled balls, are ya?
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 02:07 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by stanleychief

Who says we haven't but handled it differently? :-) I've had poor people stiff me and rich people stiff me. When it comes to poor people not tipping well, I usually thought to myself, "Gee, they probably could barely afford their dinner, my performance as a server was probably good, they were just broke!" Somehow I took more comfort in that than the rich people who came in and were friendly and stiffed me. Some people are of the belief that they don't have to tip you well, and that tipping is optional. Guess what? IT IS!

I'm not saying that it doesn't suck to get stiffed, but it's part of life, it's gonna happen, why let it affect your performance?
Waiters make about $2.00 an hour. The rest of their money comes from tips. Sure tipping is optional. But if you go into a restaurant on a regular basis and choose not to tip everytime....well....enjoy your service.
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 02:08 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by FloridaChief

Still dreaming of Portis's fumbled balls, are ya?

[Reply]
FloridaChief 02:10 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by :-)

[Reply]
Ebolapox 02:11 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :

wow, it IS taco... man, get an original thought once a month

-EBOLA-
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 02:12 AM 01-08-2003
I will if you and whatshernuts gets a room.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up