ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>SHOULD we make any moves before the deadline?
UChieffyBugger 11:50 AM 10-18-2019
When Pat went down and all hell broke loose, folks were thinking we'd be picking quite high in next years draft!!! :-) . But now the good news about the MRI has come through does Brett stick or twist where getting new players is concerned? I still say make moves. If we can get PP and maybe a line-baker or DT to give this defense a real chance to be decent by January then why not? I think defense and running the ball are more important than ever now.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:25 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yea and so is Sanders. He’s in last year of his deal
It's all hypothetical...he's probably bound for San Fran.

Horseface isn't dealing him to a rival....which takes NE out of the running too. He would be good in their system...and probably a somewhat inexpensive rental.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:28 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Sanders would be great in this offense....it's why they tried to get him before Horseface's unethical-ass used Manning and his HGH riddled-corpse to lure him away.

At this stage...he would be an excellent possession WR. Watkins is gone next year...
No. Slippery eel used the Chiefs as leverage. F him. Let his career die on the vine in Denver.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:33 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
No. Slippery eel used the Chiefs as leverage. F him. Let his career die on the vine in Denver.
Well, if you were a WR...would you play for Manning or Alex Smith? Wasn't this after Alex went a whole year without a WR TD...in Reid's system?

That's amazing when you think about it...almost insane.

Honestly, he made the right career choice....until Manning's franken-arm fell off and the refs no longer cared.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:43 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Well, if you were a WR...would you play for Manning or Alex Smith? Wasn't this after Alex went a whole year without a WR TD...in Reid's system?

That's amazing when you think about it...almost insane.

Honestly, he made the right career choice....until Manning's franken-arm fell off and the refs no longer cared.
You're right in that he did have a short run. But he has been languishing now for quite a while. And I do believe his contract will be up after this year. $10.2 million in base salary for this year. There's no way in hell the Broncos trade him to the Chiefs. Not unless they dramatically overpay for him. That and he's already 32 years old. Regardless of what happens with Sanders... The taste of Bronco tears are delicious.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:08 PM 10-20-2019
Nah, we are just as likely to fuck it up. We will definitely pay too much.

I bet Veach doesn't want to get rid of another 1st round pick anyway. He hasn't picked in the 1st round yet.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:11 PM 10-20-2019
Yep, he can step out into oncoming traffic. He fucked us so fuck him with a machete.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:15 AM 10-21-2019
Appreciate your wishful thinking. But I'm pretty sure the Chiefs aren't going to base their personnel decisions on your medical optimism.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...qf-pwgaEc5p4cM
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:22 AM 10-21-2019
I just saw Schrager say on GMFB that Arizona is absolutely not trading Peterson. And why would they after this win streak...

I’d prefer we only make a trade that involves a mid-round pick. Something similar to Dante Fowler last year, who went for a 3rd, is about the most I’d wanna give up. But for a LB or CB.

We’ll be glad to have our high draft picks come April.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:50 AM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I just saw Schrager say on GMFB that Arizona is absolutely not trading Peterson. And why would they after this win streak...

I’d prefer we only make a trade that involves a mid-round pick. Something similar to Dante Fowler last year, who went for a 3rd, is about the most I’d wanna give up. But for a LB or CB.

We’ll be glad to have our high draft picks come April.
Such a shame because Peterson would have been perfect for this team but yeah it's clear that he is not getting traded for anything short of a massive overpay.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:51 AM 10-21-2019
The Cardinals GM is basically a dipshit...
[Reply]
oldman 07:54 AM 10-21-2019
If Henne isn't ready to go when his IR stint is up, then the Chiefs need to find a viable backup to 35 yr old Matt Moore. Undrafted rookie Kyle Shurmur isn't going to cut it if (God forbid) Mahomes, Moore and Henne are all unavailable.
I disagree. Henne can't come back until after the next game. Even if you signed a QB today, he'd still have less than a week to prepare. You have to move Shurmur to the active roster, at least for this week.
[Reply]
oldman 08:00 AM 10-21-2019
I'm not ready to do any trading just yet. I'd like to see what the D does against GB before we start trading draft picks for rental players.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 AM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Watkins for Josh Jackson from the packers! It would be good for now and great for the future. We only have Ward signed for next year and that move would also give us future flexibility. Watkins is never available anyways.

If we were able to get a young asset like that on a rookie deal then I’d also look to move a pick for a LB or DL.
Josh Jackson is having trouble even maintaining a roster spot in Green Bay. No thanks.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:25 AM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm not ready to do any trading just yet. I'd like to see what the D does against GB before we start trading draft picks for rental players.
Watch Jacobs All 22 from the Broncos game. They changed everything up. Ragland is a perfect fit at SAM. Dude blew up pretty much every play. They were running blitzes that had the o line confused all day long
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:43 AM 10-21-2019

Here’s what’s funny. The Jags didn’t want to play Jalen but the Rams are already on the schedule for 2021 and the #Chiefs are a maybe that year. Now it’s guaranteed they’ll face Ramsey. https://t.co/ooDlLu034c

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) October 21, 2019

Ramsey wanted to come here and Veach was willing to trade what the Jags wanted for him. The owner basically said no
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up