ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 341
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 04:37 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by driver2:
Frazod is right this is getting surreal, it's almost like a chapter of Resident Evil.

My only thoughts are as follows;
Ignore concealed carry, get good solid dependable weapons in std. calibers. An adequate ammo supply, and hold on.
Gun doesn't do you much good if you're not home and it is.
[Reply]
driver2 04:56 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Gun doesn't do you much good if you're not home and it is.
I know . sad isn't it. I'm always armed paranoia? Maybe but i don't care.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:53 PM 01-27-2021
Look for a CZ. I’ve owned and own several; my EDC is a CZ P10c and it’s got the best trigger out of the box for a polymer gun I’ve ever had.
[Reply]
driver2 06:43 AM 01-28-2021
I should probably clarify what I said in a previous post.
I said ignore concealed carry. I'm not advocating breaking the law, J'm saying use the law
about 90% of the states have open carry laws, some with restrictions, but with legal open carry. Know the laws where you Live!

As for the mysterious disappearing AMMO supply, maybe its being stockpiled Gov entities and super rich Bunker folks.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:15 AM 01-28-2021
When you have a couple hundred pounds of lead, 25+ pounds of powder and several thousand primers ammo availability is just a few hours away.
[Reply]
srvy 11:26 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by driver2:
I should probably clarify what I said in a previous post.
I said ignore concealed carry. I'm not advocating breaking the law, J'm saying use the law
about 90% of the states have open carry laws, some with restrictions, but with legal open carry. Know the laws where you Live!

As for the mysterious disappearing AMMO supply, maybe its being stockpiled Gov entities and super rich Bunker folks.
Lake City munitions plant has been hit hard because of COVID. It is run by Olin "Winchester" by government contract and supply more the 90% of armed forces small arms ammo. They have ramped back up and constantly are advertising help wanted here. Seems nobody wants to work anymore. On top of all that they had an explosion in 2019 that slowed production. A lot of upgrades had to be made as comes when you are contracted by the Federal government.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:40 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Lake City munitions plant has been hit hard because of COVID. It is run by Olin "Winchester" by government contract and supply more the 90% of armed forces small arms ammo. They have ramped back up and constantly are advertising help wanted here. Seems nobody wants to work anymore. On top of all that they had an explosion in 2019 that slowed production. A lot of upgrades had to be made as comes when you are contracted by the Federal government.
Stop trying to use facts to dispel conspiracy theories.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:28 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Stop trying to use facts to dispel conspiracy theories.
Seriously. That reality shit is annoying.
[Reply]
driver2 01:53 AM 01-29-2021
A few facts to dispel the theories;
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...h=608abc6064a1
[Reply]
Munson 08:36 PM 01-29-2021
Anybody looking for an AR15 in stock for under $700?

I don't really need one, but I'm tempted.

https://aimsurplus.com/radical-firea...5-m-lok-rifle/
[Reply]
ljmhawk 10:21 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Look for a CZ. I’ve owned and own several; my EDC is a CZ P10c and it’s got the best trigger out of the box for a polymer gun I’ve ever had.
then you’ve never shot a walther ppq m2
[Reply]
vailpass 01:36 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
then you’ve never shot a walther ppq m2
Shots fired.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:54 PM 02-03-2021
So I just bought a 10/22 LR Ruger. It is really for my grandson but I will have some fun with it until that time comes down the road. It is hard to do much with no damn ammo.
I have been using sgammo which you all turned me on too and I have not been disappointed with them. They do not sell .22 ammo though. Where do you all get that online since I cannot find any locally and by the time I get off work it is always gone from the local shops?
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:02 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So I just bought a 10/22 LR Ruger. It is really for my grandson but I will have some fun with it until that time comes down the road. It is hard to do much with no damn ammo.
I have been using sgammo which you all turned me on too and I have not been disappointed with them. They do not sell .22 ammo though. Where do you all get that online since I cannot find any locally and by the time I get off work it is always gone from the local shops?
Wish I could help. Haven't bought a round of .22lr in over a year. After the last panic (2013), once it got back down to $30/brick (2015?), I started buying a couple bricks a month until I had enough for 3 years, if I fired at least 100 rds every range trip. that's what I'm shooting mostly now.

If things are going basically the way they did after the 2013 panic, probably won't see .22lr until at least this summer. It has the smallest margin; I doubt anyone's actually producing any right now.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:11 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I hope more cheap-labor countries see this opportunity and begin to fill the gap our American manufacturers can't fill. Many of the central American countries could do their citizens a service becoming a supplier for a product we can't get.
[Reply]
Page 278 of 341
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288328 > Last »
Up