ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 272 of 341
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:34 PM 01-15-2021
My hunch-
Things might get easier locally for a while. The new admin has outlawing online sales of firearms and ammo on the radar. AKA goodbye Gunbroker.
This will disrupt the current distribution (online) model for a bit. I do not see prices going down. Resellers will still be paying more. Manufactures will still be chasing materials (made harder to get by the new admin) and we are all going to get the hell taxed out of us on anything "gun" related.
I am sorry to say it but 90c a round for 45 acp will be the new normal.
Oh and "they" will do everything they can to stop the manufacturing, sales and ownership of "spooky looking" firearms.
[Reply]
srvy 08:41 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
My hunch-
Things might get easier locally for a while. The new admin has outlawing online sales of firearms and ammo on the radar. AKA goodbye Gunbroker.
This will disrupt the current distribution (online) model for a bit. I do not see prices going down. Resellers will still be paying more. Manufactures will still be chasing materials (made harder to get by the new admin) and we are all going to get the hell taxed out of us on anything "gun" related.
I am sorry to say it but 90c a round for 45 acp will be the new normal.
Oh and "they" will do everything they can to stop the manufacturing, sales and ownership of "spooky looking" firearms.
:-) Yeah I believe you are right on this sadly.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:51 PM 01-15-2021
Gun Lake............
just sayin'
https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...1296--,00.html
[Reply]
BIG K 08:53 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Man finding reloading supplies and quality kits won't be easy either without being raped. For the money this kit is very good quality with an excellent single stage press. It has everything you need to begin reloading. I turned a co-worker onto this a year ago from MidwayUSA for a little less than 500 bucks. Its a quality kit and Redding has been around forever. Their reloading dies are second to none. They are quality machined and polished which when you start reloading you will appreciate.

https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...prod38410.aspx

Now the problem is finding stock that isn't overpriced.
Well, in CA you can't even buy powder or primers so reloading is out of the question as well. I downsized my collection of guns last year before and as Covid hit. Was able to offload quickly the weapons but because of CA laws, I am no longer able to sell the ammo that I have that i do not need, not even through a FFL dealer. Even though the ammo is new in boxes. Three years left, and I am out of this shithole of California.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:58 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by BIG K:
Well, in CA you can't even buy powder or primers so reloading is out of the question as well. I downsized my collection of guns last year before and as Covid hit. Was able to offload quickly the weapons but because of CA laws, I am no longer able to sell the ammo that I have that i do not need, not even through a FFL dealer. Even though the ammo is new in boxes. Three years left, and I am out of this shithole of California.
You could "donate" it to a CP friend who would "donate" to the Big K moving fund.....

and one other thing- that crazy CA law shit is heading east and is not stopping
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:01 PM 01-15-2021
N.E.V.A.D.A...
[Reply]
BIG K 09:08 PM 01-15-2021
You could "donate" it to a CP friend who would "donate" to the Big K moving fund.....

and one other thing- that crazy CA law shit is heading east and is not stopping

Unfortunately, so are the ideas of the fleeing California people.
[Reply]
BIG K 09:12 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
N.E.V.A.D.A...
Every year, my family and I take a three week trip across America with our travel trailer to visit National and State parks in other states. We are also looking at the land for a possible place to end up. Nevada is nice, we are there every year for two to three days on our on trips.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:07 PM 01-15-2021
Every year, my family and I take a three week trip across America with our travel trailer to visit National and State parks in other states. We are also looking at the land for a possible place to end up. Nevada is nice, we are there every year for two to three days on our on trips.

Nevada is nice - HOT - but nice. I have 160 acres in Wyoming that we bought several years back as a "last place" to make our stand (so to speak). You've never felt wind until you spend a day or two in Wyoming :-)

The thing that tipped the scales for me (personally) was (1) the price of land and (2) the lack of humans......

Over the years, we have built our main home and a home for our kids (boy and girl), barns, wells, livestock, Generac generators and a medium sized wind turbine. None of this came cheaply. The thing about living away from folks is that it costs an arm and a leg to be "separate" from others. Our nearest neighbors are the ranch about 10-12 miles North of us.

But yet, nothing strikes me as "free" as waking up on a snowy morning and being able to step out my back door, take a leak :-) and firing a few rounds at Jacks or a coyote. Try doing that in a subdivision here in Johnson County and they'll haul your ass to the jail :-)

Our only derisive decision is when too sell out here in Kansas and head out there one last time. For some odd-assed reason, I feel the time growing closer each day.........
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:39 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Nevada is nice - HOT - but nice. I have 160 acres in Wyoming that we bought several years back as a "last place" to make our stand (so to speak). You've never felt wind until you spend a day or two in Wyoming :-)

The thing that tipped the scales for me (personally) was (1) the price of land and (2) the lack of humans......

Over the years, we have built our main home and a home for our kids (boy and girl), barns, wells, livestock, Generac generators and a medium sized wind turbine. None of this came cheaply. The thing about living away from folks is that it costs an arm and a leg to be "separate" from others. Our nearest neighbors are the ranch about 10-12 miles North of us.

But yet, nothing strikes me as "free" as waking up on a snowy morning and being able to step out my back door, take a leak :-) and firing a few rounds at Jacks or a coyote. Try doing that in a subdivision here in Johnson County and they'll haul your ass to the jail :-)

Our only derisive decision is when too sell out here in Kansas and head out there one last time. For some odd-assed reason, I feel the time growing closer each day.........
Ranall-
CONGRATS ON LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM! You are a rock star in my book.
PS.............. we all felt that wind today. Wife was supposed to drive back from KS today. I-70 got shut down because of wind. I saw earlier today that I-76 was closed this morning due to a semi load of cattle getting toppled 40 miles west of Nebraska.
Spent 3 years in Hay KS. Got numb to the "breeze".
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:10 AM 01-16-2021
Ranall-
CONGRATS ON LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM! You are a rock star in my book.
PS.............. we all felt that wind today. Wife was supposed to drive back from KS today. I-70 got shut down because of wind. I saw earlier today that I-76 was closed this morning due to a semi load of cattle getting toppled 40 miles west of Nebraska.
Spent 3 years in Hay KS. Got numb to the "breeze".

Thanks! I had a very good friend that lived just off I-76 in Brighton until he sold out and moved - couldn't take the politics of Denver any longer.

Funny thing about living the "American Dream" - it's expensive. That's why we started readying ourselves years and years ago. We're not "preppers" as such, just wanted something different. Having lived all over the world, my Wife and I just got tired of the "same old, same old" and we wanted something else for our kids and grand kids.

I don't have a great deal of time left any longer - so I wanted the Wife, kids and grandkids left with the ability to live without me. Hell, I woke up about a week ago with a raging case of shingles. Seems as though the Oncologists neglected to let me know that radiation and chemo destroys the shingles vaccination. Par for the course.....:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 09:14 AM 01-16-2021
Wyoming is beautiful. I love that state so much. If I ever left Kansas (and not the USA) I would move there.

Montana was also on the list too, but after looking at houses out of boredom I think that's out of the question. A home similar to mine in Kalispell is about 375k.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:54 AM 01-16-2021
Thanks! I had a very good friend that lived just off I-76 in Brighton until he sold out and moved - couldn't take the politics of Denver any longer.

Funny thing about living the "American Dream" - it's expensive. That's why we started readying ourselves years and years ago. We're not "preppers" as such, just wanted something different. Having lived all over the world, my Wife and I just got tired of the "same old, same old" and we wanted something else for our kids and grand kids.

I don't have a great deal of time left any longer - so I wanted the Wife, kids and grandkids left with the ability to live without me. Hell, I woke up about a week ago with a raging case of shingles. Seems as though the Oncologists neglected to let me know that radiation and chemo destroys the shingles vaccination. Par for the course.....:-)
I didn’t know you had cancer.

Sorry to hear that my man.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:06 AM 01-16-2021

Damn, that sucks. You must be one tough old bastard. Hang in there!

I never gave much thought to the shingles until a few years ago, when one of my high school friends caught it in his late 40s. All it took was one conversation with him where he described the symptoms and the pain and I got vaccinated for it the next day. Yeesh.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:43 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Damn, that sucks. You must be one tough old bastard. Hang in there!

I never gave much thought to the shingles until a few years ago, when one of my high school friends caught it in his late 40s. All it took was one conversation with him where he described the symptoms and the pain and I got vaccinated for it the next day. Yeesh.
I recently had a family member get it in her eye. IN her mother fucking EYE! I didn't even know that was possible, but you can bet your ass I'll be getting the vaccination after seeing that.
[Reply]
Page 272 of 341
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282322 > Last »
Up