ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 136
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:36 AM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Perhaps you should learn that drama alone does not equal greatness. If it did, then The Real Housewives would be a better show than The Wire.
Get over yourself. It's sport; not art, poetry or religion. It's meant for enjoyment not helping you find the meaning of life. However if you pine for the days of yore, you can always pull up YouTube clips of Kaymers 8-stroke demolition last year.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:42 AM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get over yourself. It's sport; not art, poetry or religion. It's meant for enjoyment not helping you find the meaning of life. However if you pine for the days of yore, you can always pull up YouTube clips of Kaymers 8-stroke demolition last year.

Let me tell you all something about Prison Bitch....

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:42 AM 06-22-2015
I would not play on any course with greens like this:

https://instagram.com/p/4Nmq2zpg2V/
THAT is one ugly pic...

I think were one step away from that Kansas , Iowa, or Nebraske farmer mowing his wheat field and calling-in the USGA looking for his farm's date for hosting a U.S. Open.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:47 PM 06-22-2015
that looks more like the fairway than the greens, to me ... but if that is what they were really putting on then lolll
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:57 PM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
that looks more like the fairway than the greens, to me ... but if that is what they were really putting on then lolll
Pic from a Bing Image serach for U.S. Open greens. Fucking shit looks like a green coral reef of sorts.

[Reply]
Hootie 01:02 PM 06-22-2015
is there a video of that 2nd putt picture or a .gif?

I'd love to see that LOL
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:10 PM 06-22-2015

I'd love to see that LOL
Start here. They say it's in here..

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on...han-advertised
[Reply]
KC native 01:15 PM 06-22-2015

I'd love to see that LOL

[Reply]
Hootie 03:11 PM 06-22-2015
Link? My phone only recognized it as a .jpg
[Reply]
KC native 03:31 PM 06-22-2015
Link? My phone only recognized it as a .jpg

http://giant.gfycat.com/GrandIcyBedbug.gif
[Reply]
BWillie 04:04 PM 06-22-2015
I feel for Dustin. I choke under pressure too in golf, at least when I putt. If I was a reliever, I would have a 0.5 ERA in low leverage situations and a 10.5 ERA in high leverage. I lost countless tournaments in high school and even a couple in college where I just blew it on the last 1 or 2 holes. The only ones I won was when I had such a big lead, there was no pressure.

I 4-putted #18 for Conference in High School in front of like a 50 person gallery (just parents & other golf teams) but nonetheless, totally choked. If I 3 putt It goes to a playoff. I 3putted the last 3 holes to lose a dual meet, and I 4-putted #18 to lose a triangular meet. In college, we had a chance to advance to regionals, and I missed a 2.5-foot putt for birdie. Sad really. I just don't have, whatever it is.

I think they should just play GIR, and if you hit the green you automatically are counted as 2-putts, and if you stick it inside of 10 feet you automatically are counted as a 1-putt. Putting is retarded. It's even more boring to watch it on TV. But the "blue sky with the ball in the background" show doesn't do much for me either.
[Reply]
srvy 06:01 PM 06-22-2015
I would not play on any course with greens like this:

https://instagram.com/p/4Nmq2zpg2V/
So why did Washington get the US Open? Steve Balmer throw a bunch of money to the USGA. They actually send people to the course to instruct and help the crew get it open ready.

Poe Ana is a noxious weed it grows at 3 times the rate of turf grass and bent grass. The only way to eradicate it is tearing down and rebuilding the green only to have it come back just by a golfer off green where its seeds are track it onto the new green. What makes it so bad is it can be cut early in the morning and by afternoon be 3 times longer the the bent grass its encroaching on.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:13 PM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
So why did Washington get the US Open? Steve Balmer throw a bunch of money to the USGA. They actually send people to the course to instruct and help the crew get it open ready.

Poe Ana is a noxious weed it grows at 3 times the rate of turf grass and bent grass. The only way to eradicate it is tearing down and rebuilding the green only to have it come back just by a golfer off green where its seeds are track it onto the new green. What makes it so bad is it can be cut early in the morning and by afternoon be 3 times longer the the bent grass its encroaching on.
They could just burn all of Chambers Bay; that's a good start! But the trains, the poor trains that are such a big part of Chambers Bay's appeal!

Sort of like this:

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:25 PM 06-22-2015
Of course, that's exactly how greens are in Scotland where the game was invented. We were promised a British Open style of course and we got one. Frankly it was much better than seeing shaved down greens where decent putts rolled 50 feet down a slope causing guys to pitch up 3x and take a double. -5 was a score that indicated it was hard but not stupidly punitive.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:30 PM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Of course, that's exactly how greens are in Scotland where the game was invented. We were promised a British Open style of course and we got one. Frankly it was much better than seeing shaved down greens where decent putts rolled 50 feet down a slope causing guys to pitch up 3x and take a double. -5 was a score that indicated it was hard but not stupidly punitive.
It never rained.... Perhaps "rain" isn't the course, but it, and driving winds during the rain, are key to British experience...

Whatever was promised, what was delivered was a very shitty patch of land.

And there's no fucking way the PNW will ever be Scotland. NEVER!
[Reply]
Page 55 of 136
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105 > Last »
Up