ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 136
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 04:45 PM 04-09-2015
Tommy Watson still in the hunt, bless him
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:15 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Three buckets and he loved each improved hit... And I love my new Cobra BioCell Hybrid... I suck less now. . And a 10-finger grip DOES fix a slice...
Nice form. Keep him going. My son played all kinds of sports then settled on golf. We're headed to Jeckyll Island this weekend for a tournament!

It's like a little vacation for us.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:18 PM 04-09-2015
Speith almost hitting the record. Day with a smoking finish.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:49 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
Unless he blows up (which is entirely possible) he's effectively shrunk the field
He doesn't even need to blow up. If he shoots 72-73 tomorrow anyone who has a legitimate shot of making the cut can still win the tournament.
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
He doesn't even need to blow up. If he shoots 72-73 tomorrow anyone who has a legitimate shot of making the cut can still win the tournament.
Hes been consistently playing well though, basically, 3 rounds of even par or better win him the tourney, imo
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:38 PM 04-09-2015
Hes been consistently playing well though, basically, 3 rounds of even par or better win him the tourney, imo
Why? You think -8 wins the Masters? If it plays as toothless as it did today, you'll have a dozen guys beating that score. It's 1 day. Doesn't mean shit.

Now, when Kaymer goes out at the US Open and opens up a 7 shot lead or whatever, different ballgame. But even then there were 3 more rounds. Long way to go.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:40 PM 04-09-2015
A the first 37Forever get together we held a tourney.. Art Still showed up and played.

Good times!
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Why? You think -8 wins the Masters? If it plays as toothless as it did today, you'll have a dozen guys beating that score. It's 1 day. Doesn't mean shit.

Now, when Kaymer goes out at the US Open and opens up a 7 shot lead or whatever, different ballgame. But even then there were 3 more rounds. Long way to go.
It just rarely plays out that way. I think -12 probably wins it, but that's just a few decent rounds from Spieth. Noone is throwing up 64 tomorrow.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:20 PM 04-09-2015
There's just something awesome about watching the Masters...
[Reply]
philfree 09:36 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
There's just something awesome about watching the Masters...
My favorite Major.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:53 PM 04-09-2015
They should invite Tiger to open the tourney next year with Arnie, Jack and Gary
[Reply]
philfree 11:01 PM 04-09-2015
I think I'm becoming a Spieth fan. He such a well grounded young man and his relationship with his handicapped sister is probably part of that. Wonderful kid.
[Reply]
tk13 11:07 PM 04-09-2015
In the last 30 years, only 1 first round leader has won the Masters. Immelman in 2008.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:43 AM 04-10-2015
It just rarely plays out that way. I think -12 probably wins it, but that's just a few decent rounds from Spieth. Noone is throwing up 64 tomorrow.
I don't know how I feel about Spieth. I like him, but I don't find myself overly pulling for him. He is so solid as a person and a player that it's almost a little boring, although that's not really true because I enjoy watching him play. I don't know how to explain it. Not really fair to him, because I know if he was arrogant like Billy Horschel I would be all over him for it. And his relationship with his sister is 100% win. I do like him, but I don't find myself really rooting for him like I do with Kuchar and Fowler. Maybe because it's just a forgone conclusion that at some point he will be holding a ton of hardware.

Kid has been pretty calm overall. He has, however, referenced his blowing of the lead last year. I like that he talks about it, but if he puts up a funky score tomorrow, or even more so when they make the course hard on Sat, he is going to start feeling it again.

I like picked Day and Spieth in my pool so I'm certainly sticking with them after the first round as my prediction. Watson, though, is in a nice position with having the attention off him right now. Phil has nothing to lose either. He always has attention, but nothing was expected of him this week. As big as Phil is, with Spieth going, Tiger back, and Rory doing his awkward gate around the course, he really could just be quietly there in the end. Again, quietly respective to Phil's normal attention.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:05 AM 04-10-2015
Watching the Masters with its blooming flowers always pisses me off that the move the Players to May. The March timeframe was perfect for the azaleas blooming. Plus it was the mark of Spring.

Oh well. Play on.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 136
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up