ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 997 of 3903
« First < 497897947987993994995996997 9989991000100110071047109714971997 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Cntrygal 03:54 PM 04-01-2020
Our bars, restaurants etc are closed to public seating (some restaurants are doing takeout/curbside delivery etc). The parks/playgrounds are closed and they're recommending no gatherings above 10 and those should be people that you live with. All concerts/events have been cancelled through April.

SD: 129 cases
Recovered: 51
Hospitalized: 12
Deaths: 2

My county (Pennington) has had 2 of those cases so far (1 recovered).

The other day I got yelled at by some old bat because we didn't have the big biscuit Shredded Wheat in stock.

FFS... First toilet paper and now Shredded Wheat?!?!?!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:55 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
FFS... First toilet paper and now Shredded Wheat?!?!?!
Well the eating of one leads to the use of the other. :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:56 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Albuterol is a short acting beta agonist. The beta receptors in the lungs relax, but it causes an increase in cardiac contractility and heart rate. Tachycardia is common after use, as is tremor and anxiety.
Yep. My heart's racing and I'm shaking like Michael J Fox.

What's odd is that I've used an abuterol inhaler before with zero issue.

SpO2 and resting heart rate match at the moment - 94.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:59 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
your cilia and linings in your lungs are inflamed from the coughing. I’m assuming the inhaler is albuterol, correct? You will get use to the drug after a couple of times. Hear that a lot from first time users, this albuterol doesn’t help or makes it worse.

That’s still the best non-invasive and or non-dangerous drug we have for inflammation in the lungs. It’s a proven drug for over 30+ years. When you take the hit, breathe in deep and hold it for 10 seconds. Helps bypass the upper parts of the lungs that has to be raw by now and get down into the alveoli area of the lungs. When you get those alveoli popping open, your going to feel a lot better.

rescue inhalers make you more contagious? Who said that BS?
Not the inhaler the nebulizer machine.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SupDock 04:02 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
YOU'RE A DENTIST!!!

What am I supposed to do? Act like you're a decent person who doesn't wildly overstate his importance to society? Dentists get off on the suffering of others - it's the only explanation that can possibly exist for someone willingly taking on tens of thousands of dollars in debt for the privilege of putting his hands in people's mouths all day. Nobody would choose to do that if it wasn't because like like watching people squirm when they jam that damn pick in there.

And I will not take grief for being condescending from the likes of you, sir. I mean shit, you dare besmirch the good name of Canadian Mist? You have clearly exposed your true nature.
Is this satire?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:04 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Not the inhaler the nebulizer machine.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
All the nebulizer does is allow the saline to attach to the medicine at a single cell level. Makes it easier to pop open those alveoli immediately.

If you have the coronavirus inside the nebulizer where you put the medication, sure, it’s going to down to the one cell level too with the Albuterol. But, who isn’t putting the albuterol into the nebulizer in a non-clean enviornment? If so, your probably already nebulizing all kinds of bugs into you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:05 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Is this satire?
No. O.City is a condescending sadist.

He hates old people, he hates children and he hates dogs.
[Reply]
SupDock 04:06 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
thats BS too. All the nebulizer does is allow the saline to attach to the medicine at a single cell level. Makes it easier to pop open those alveoli immediately.
I am surprised at your stance here. Nebulizer usage is ubiquitously known as an aerosol generating procedure.

There is tons of literature to support this.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 04:08 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Well the eating of one leads to the use of the other. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:09 PM 04-01-2020
Really shocked and disappointed in the anti-dentite fervor I’m seeing this thread.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 04:09 PM 04-01-2020

In other words yes! lol
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:10 PM 04-01-2020

Pappy Van Covid, 19 Year.
[Reply]
O.city 04:11 PM 04-01-2020
There is some serious libel occurring in this thread and I just won’t stand for it

I’m pushing forward society by doing what I do. That’s just facts. The oral health of the world probably depends on me. I don’t carry that weight lightly
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:11 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Yep. My heart's racing and I'm shaking like Michael J Fox.

What's odd is that I've used an abuterol inhaler before with zero issue.

SpO2 and resting heart rate match at the moment - 94.
but, you have never coughed like this, correct? It’ll get better. Keep using the Albuterol. Use the method I previously told you about how to lessen the irritation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:12 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I am surprised at your stance here. Nebulizer usage is ubiquitously known as an aerosol generating procedure.

There is tons of literature to support this.
is this satire? 10 Years as a Respiratory Therapist but I don’t know nebulizers create an aerosol that patients inhale?
[Reply]
Page 997 of 3903
« First < 497897947987993994995996997 9989991000100110071047109714971997 > Last »
Up