ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 505 of 3903
« First < 5405455495501502503504505 50650750850951555560510051505 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:16 AM 03-20-2020
Coronavirus: Italy's hardest-hit city wants you to see how COVID-19 is affecting its hospitals

The sheer numbers of people succumbing to the coronavirus is overwhelming every hospital in northern Italy.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...GK9C4Fi4mYrEhU

every day that goes by with out a national lockdown the worse things are gonna get.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:34 AM 03-20-2020

coronavirus is like a blacklight for celebrity clownship https://t.co/PC305eS7iA

— Steadman™ (@AsteadWesley) March 19, 2020

some people are morons
[Reply]
DRM08 01:56 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
We had 5K cases today. Putting aside how much of that is backlogged tests let’s assume it’s accurate for today. By next weekend we’ll be seeing 20,000 cases per day and the weekend after that around 40,000 per day — unless they can slow the transmission by keeping everyone behind closed doors. At 40,000 new cases per day, if the same averages other countries are experiencing are also experienced here, that would be around 4,000 hospitalizations daily and hundreds of deaths (if not thousands). Boom goes the health care system.

Again, this is all just math at this point and it is math that we’ve already experienced. The infections here are not the same as China or S Korea. If social distancing works you’ll slow that doubling down considerably over time but when I was out to pick up mail earlier there were still restaurants open in the valley and people hanging out at a lounge next to it. It just doesn’t seem to sink in with some how dire this can become and how fast it can get here.

Really hope the math is proven wrong and/or that closing everything down works.
I worry about what happens with our ventilator supply. There will be a ton of collateral damage in our health care system if we are not able to slow down this virus.

Many people need ventilator help for reasons unrelated to COVID-19. My dad needed ventilator help for about 48 hours a number of years ago. He made an amazing recovery, but the ventilator was very important for his survival in early hours of being in the hospital. His pulse was very low and he was losing a lot of blood, on his way to death. The ventilator played a critical role in helping him recover.

The situation with my dad is just one of so many examples out there that are happening every day in our health care system. We cannot afford to let COVID-19 become so widespread that it causes a bunch of collateral damage fatalities in the health care system due to a shortage of ventilators.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:59 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
A really bad side effect of this is that I now have so much food in the house, and so little to do outside the house, is that I could fucking sit in this house all day and eat. :-)
That's the quandry, hole up somewhere with 2 weeks of food like a good citizen, and suddenly you get the urge to eat 2 weeks of food over the course of a binge watch of Pretty Little Liars.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:46 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I worry about what happens with our ventilator supply. There will be a ton of collateral damage in our health care system if we are not able to slow down this virus.

Many people need ventilator help for reasons unrelated to COVID-19. My dad needed ventilator help for about 48 hours a number of years ago. He made an amazing recovery, but the ventilator was very important for his survival in early hours of being in the hospital. His pulse was very low and he was losing a lot of blood, on his way to death. The ventilator played a critical role in helping him recover.

The situation with my dad is just one of so many examples out there that are happening every day in our health care system. We cannot afford to let COVID-19 become so widespread that it causes a bunch of collateral damage fatalities in the health care system due to a shortage of ventilators.
The hope is you can “flatten the curve” enough that you don’t use up all your supply. The downside that isn’t discussed much is that you are going to see a lot of non-Covid deaths occur because the system is taxed for a longer period of time.

Thanks for sharing your story about your father and glad to hear he pulled through.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:54 AM 03-20-2020
This is just a portion of the explanation of the population forecast. Read it all in the link.

And this was published 2017!!!!!!!!

http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx

http://www.deagel.com/country/United...ica_c0001.aspx

The key element to understand the process that the USA will enter in the upcoming decade is migration. In the past, specially in the 20th century, the key factor that allowed the USA to rise to its colossus status was immigration with the benefits of a demographic expansion supporting the credit expansion and the brain drain from the rest of the world benefiting the States. The collapse of the Western financial system will wipe out the standard of living of its population while ending ponzi schemes such as the stock exchange and the pension funds. The population will be hit so badly by a full array of bubbles and ponzi schemes that the migration engine will start to work in reverse accelerating itself due to ripple effects thus leading to the demise of the States. This unseen situation for the States will develop itself in a cascade pattern with unprecedented and devastating effects for the economy. Jobs offshoring will surely end with many American Corporations relocating overseas thus becoming foreign Corporations!!!! We see a significant part of the American population migrating to Latin America and Asia while migration to Europe - suffering a similar illness - won't be relevant. Nevertheless the death toll will be horrible. Take into account that the Soviet Union's population was poorer than the Americans nowadays or even then. The ex-Soviets suffered during the following struggle in the 1990s with a significant death toll and the loss of national pride. Might we say "Twice the pride, double the fall"? Nope. The American standard of living is one of the highest, far more than double of the Soviets while having added a services economy that will be gone along with the financial system. When pensioners see their retirement disappear in front of their eyes and there are no servicing jobs you can imagine what is going to happen next. At least younger people can migrate. Never in human history were so many elders among the population. In past centuries people were lucky to get to their 30s or 40s. The American downfall is set to be far worse than the Soviet Union's one. A confluence of crisis with a devastating result.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:18 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
We had 5K cases today. Putting aside how much of that is backlogged tests let’s assume it’s accurate for today. By next weekend we’ll be seeing 20,000 cases per day and the weekend after that around 40,000 per day — unless they can slow the transmission by keeping everyone behind closed doors. At 40,000 new cases per day, if the same averages other countries are experiencing are also experienced here, that would be around 4,000 hospitalizations daily and hundreds of deaths (if not thousands). Boom goes the health care system.

Again, this is all just math at this point and it is math that we’ve already experienced. The infections here are not the same as China or S Korea. If social distancing works you’ll slow that doubling down considerably over time but when I was out to pick up mail earlier there were still restaurants open in the valley and people hanging out at a lounge next to it. It just doesn’t seem to sink in with some how dire this can become and how fast it can get here.

Really hope the math is proven wrong and/or that closing everything down works.
The math isn't correct or else China would have been 100% infected more than a month ago instead of declining and back to normal for the most part.

Its not an exponential curve. There is a limit to how many people each person comes into contact with inside their social circle. Thats why social distancing is effective.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:18 AM 03-20-2020
Preschooler in a western Chicago burb has tested positive.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronav...nosed-covid-19
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:36 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Do you not read this thread? Every other first-world country is testing many times more than us. Nobody has any idea how many cases we have because we aren't testing.

NYC hospitals are about to be overrun - which would make us the 3rd country to have that happen. Not great Bob.
Yeah uh this is wrong we are testing more per a day now than any other country
[Reply]
Monticore 05:42 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The math isn't correct or else China would have been 100% infected more than a month ago instead of declining and back to normal for the most part.

Its not an exponential curve. There is a limit to how many people each person comes into contact with inside their social circle. Thats why social distancing is effective.
China was disinfecting public areas more aggressively, had drones in the streets making sure people didn’t leave there home. The we’re using more extreme measures and also a population more willing to comply, who knows maybe that had no difference in the results but I would rather not be in the placebo group.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:57 AM 03-20-2020
China is a bad example because they're people are way more compliant than people here are.

Also wanted to add a railroad worker I know received a letter in the mail from his company that says, his name is an employee for such and such railroad he can not be detained or quarantined for any reason as he is part of a vital supply line.

He think this means national lockdown is coming, this from a guy who thought this was nothing a few days ago.
[Reply]
Spott 06:21 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
China is a bad example because they're people are way more compliant than people here are.

Also wanted to add a railroad worker I know received a letter in the mail from his company that says, his name is an employee for such and such railroad he can not be detained or quarantined for any reason as he is part of a vital supply line.

He think this means national lockdown is coming, this from a guy who thought this was nothing a few days ago.
I got the same thing from my employer, but I believe a lot of it was because employees either wanted to stay at home and didn’t like the idea of having to come to work during something like this or they were unsure if they were going to get locked down. They are union like we are, so the company may have had to respond to many of these grievances/concerns by sending a notification to everyone reminding them of their job status.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:24 AM 03-20-2020
I don't understand the media distrust aspect, if the media had come out and said this was nothing to worry about and keep doing what you are doing would people has trusted that or is there only distrust when it doesn't match your viewpoint.

should the media start using reverse psychology or double reverse psychology?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:32 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I don't understand the media distrust aspect, if the media had come out and said this was nothing to worry about and keep doing what you are doing would people has trusted that or is there only distrust when it doesn't match your viewpoint.

should the media start using reverse psychology or double reverse psychology?
I agree.

I think overall media has done a good job w this current crisis. Like it or not there hasn't been much good news to report w this for a while now.
[Reply]
Strongside 06:36 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
This is just a portion of the explanation of the population forecast. Read it all in the link.

And this was published 2017!!!!!!!!

http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx

http://www.deagel.com/country/United...ica_c0001.aspx

The key element to understand the process that the USA will enter in the upcoming decade is migration. In the past, specially in the 20th century, the key factor that allowed the USA to rise to its colossus status was immigration with the benefits of a demographic expansion supporting the credit expansion and the brain drain from the rest of the world benefiting the States. The collapse of the Western financial system will wipe out the standard of living of its population while ending ponzi schemes such as the stock exchange and the pension funds. The population will be hit so badly by a full array of bubbles and ponzi schemes that the migration engine will start to work in reverse accelerating itself due to ripple effects thus leading to the demise of the States. This unseen situation for the States will develop itself in a cascade pattern with unprecedented and devastating effects for the economy. Jobs offshoring will surely end with many American Corporations relocating overseas thus becoming foreign Corporations!!!! We see a significant part of the American population migrating to Latin America and Asia while migration to Europe - suffering a similar illness - won't be relevant. Nevertheless the death toll will be horrible. Take into account that the Soviet Union's population was poorer than the Americans nowadays or even then. The ex-Soviets suffered during the following struggle in the 1990s with a significant death toll and the loss of national pride. Might we say "Twice the pride, double the fall"? Nope. The American standard of living is one of the highest, far more than double of the Soviets while having added a services economy that will be gone along with the financial system. When pensioners see their retirement disappear in front of their eyes and there are no servicing jobs you can imagine what is going to happen next. At least younger people can migrate. Never in human history were so many elders among the population. In past centuries people were lucky to get to their 30s or 40s. The American downfall is set to be far worse than the Soviet Union's one. A confluence of crisis with a devastating result.
This reads like a high school civics essay.
[Reply]
Page 505 of 3903
« First < 5405455495501502503504505 50650750850951555560510051505 > Last »
Up