ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2001 of 3903
« First < 1001150119011951199119971998199920002001 200220032004200520112051210125013001 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:34 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
WTF? "Mild" was sarcastic. You should go back and read his posts on this subject. People are classifying mild covid as not being hospitalized. Yeah he didn't have mild symptoms and alot of covid positive people aren't hospitalized but they aren't having "mild" symptoms either.

I don't even know what the rest of your post is about. We are both in health care IT and both are lucky that way. I have family that own small business and are out of work they also aren't taking this pandemic serious either. It sucks all the way around and we need to find a balance.
Finding that balance starts with people like you not criticizing anyone that doesn't want to sit inside and hide. What I see from you every day is nothing close to balance. And when someone does propose a sense of balance such as a phased re-opening, you and your bitch, titboy, want to start pretending those people just don't give a **** if anyone dies and\or they just want to "open everything up".

Makes me wonder if you even know what the **** the word balance means? I mean your very post about someone out of work automatically "doesn't take this seriously" proves as much. It's not an either-or situation. Just because people want to start slowly opening things up doesn't mean they don't care about people getting sick and\or dying. That's just a pathetic straw man of an argument.

Balance means both sides have to give.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:47 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Finding that balance starts with people like you not criticizing anyone that doesn't want to sit inside and hide. What I see from you every day is nothing close to balance. And when someone does propose a sense of balance such as a phased re-opening, you and your bitch, titboy, want to start pretending those people just don't give a **** if anyone dies and\or they just want to "open everything up".

Makes me wonder if you even know what the **** the word balance means? I mean your very post about someone out of work automatically "doesn't take this seriously" proves as much.

I have always tried to be realistic about what is going on. It seems to me lots of people speak in black and white when it really is all gray. We can't stay inside forever but we can't just fling the doors wide open either. I think we agree on that.

Yeah certain family members that own a couple of small business don't think this pandemic is real (fake news), don't think they should have to wear masks or sanitize etc etc. Yet they have another family member putting her life on the line every day from some pretend pandemic. It is like bizarro world.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:49 PM 05-11-2020
I have always tried to be realistic about what is going on. It seems to me lots of people speak in black and white when it really is all gray. We can't stay inside forever but we can't just fling the doors wide open either. I think we agree on that.

Yeah certain family members that own a couple of small business don't think this pandemic is real (fake news), don't think they should have to wear masks or sanitize etc etc. Yet they have another family member putting her life on the line every day from some pretend pandemic.
Yes, we do agree on that. And I think we can also agree that most people that want to start re-opening are not saying to just go balls to the wall.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:00 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
"Most aren't broke right now"....spoken like someone who has no ****ing clue of what he is talking about. Like I said, the second you stop getting paid to sit on your ass will be the second you start screaming to open things up. You aren't fooling a ****ing person about it.
Yeah? So the servers and bartenders who are making 400 +600 a week in unemployment would be making that now if everything was open? Spoiler alert they wouldnt and they like everyone has bills to pay. Once again you've fully displayed you have zero idea what you are talking about.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:11 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah? So the servers and bartenders who are making 400 +600 a week in unemployment would be making that now if everything was open? Spoiler alert they wouldnt and they like everyone has bills to pay. Once again you've fully displayed you have zero idea what you are talking about.

My step daughter was working 2 jobs and got laid off from one and they told her to file for unemployment. She got her first check the other day and yeah it was like double what she made at her job pre-Covid.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:22 PM 05-11-2020
My step daughter was working 2 jobs and got laid off from one and they told her to file for unemployment. She got her first check the other day and yeah it was like double what she made at her job pre-Covid.
Yeah see I was bartending 1 night a week at a hotel as long as we had 5 people in the hotel the bar is open. I got paid an hourly plus tips. The tips weren't shit with such little occupancy. I would give the tips and paycheck to the cook who was full time making 12/hr but got some hours cut do to the hours changing. I understand the situation those folks are in and it's a damn near impossible one right now.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:27 PM 05-11-2020
What I said didnt even cover the owners either. Alot of owners cant operate at 25% what happens to them? They have everything tied up into their business. We needed a better plan to cover that industry. There isnt one and everything will be more costly now.
[Reply]
JakeLV 05-11-2020, 11:36 PM
This message has been deleted by JakeLV.
ghak99 12:10 AM 05-12-2020
It's a real problem that I'm afraid is going to have consequences.

Two old classmates of mine were shedding tears about getting let go on FB not too long ago. I had a friend I knew was hiring, at a decent wage, in their area so I gave them the contact info and they both did phone interviews. They were both a guaranteed hire based on my referral, and neither one of them took the job because "it was barely more than the new unemployment". Meanwhile, I have family members who are "essential" that haven't missed a day of work while being paid less than the current level of unemployment pay. I went ahead and took the trailer park low road and outed both of those mother fuckers on their next attention seeking FB post shedding crocodile tears about not being able to work.

I've got another example that's way worse, but the douche rocket is probably a member here.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:15 AM 05-12-2020
Fauci released this virus himself and he will do it again.
[Reply]
eDave 12:19 AM 05-12-2020
While you are right, no one should be a bartender forever. Time to train in a new career with that sweet unemployment windfall.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:20 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Fauci released this virus himself and he will do it again.
I think hes lowkey a MU fan and saw KU had a great chance at winning it all in basketball this year so released the virus when he did and also knew they will get some sort of post season ban thus making them arguably one of the greatest programs to miss the tournament got consecutive years. Brilliant man.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:22 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
While you are right, no one should be a bartender forever. Time to train in a new career with that sweet unemployment windfall.
Dave I have a full time paying job that's good money and full benefits. I bartend 1 night a week and walk with around 200 bucks and work 6 hours total. I'm a single man in his 30s saving up for a house.

What that unemployment windfall signals is this shit isnt going to be fixed for months. Heres 1k a week til the end of july save half of that up for rent in the future.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:23 AM 05-12-2020
I think hes lowkey a MU fan and saw KU had a great chance at winning it all in basketball this year so released the virus when he did and also knew they will get some sort of post season ban thus making them arguably one of the greatest programs to miss the tournament got consecutive years. Brilliant man.
Not going to lie I’m glad that KU sports might not exist anymore. Gives me wood.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:30 AM 05-12-2020
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:59 AM 05-12-2020
Interesting tidbits regarding consumer confidence and people being dumb. Imagine waiting hours for Red Lobster.

Link excluded due to political content

Originally Posted by :
The owners of C&C Coffee and Kitchen, a breakfast cafe in Castle Rock, Colo., opened its doors to patrons on Sunday in defiance of Colorado’s public health order that limits restaurants statewide to takeout and delivery services.

Crowds packed the restaurant, located about 25 miles south of Denver.

And in a viral video taken by a local news reporter, it appeared that virtually no one was practicing social distancing. And just one customer could be seen wearing a mask.

In response, Colorado Gov. Jared Polis announced Monday that the state was suspending the restaurant’s operating license for 30 days “until it’s established that there is no longer a threat to public health.”

In other parts of the country, restaurants that legally reopened for takeout over Mother’s Day weekend were overwhelmed by large crowds — and some angry customers.

At a Red Lobster outside of Pittsburgh, police were called to disperse disgruntled patrons who waited in line for hours after the manager announced that it would not be filling their take-out orders.

And on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, a popular ice cream shop was forced to temporarily close just hours after it reopened because its young staff faced abusive comments from angry customers who disregarded the store’s request to order ahead of time and faced long waits to be served by the overworked counter staff.

[Reply]
Page 2001 of 3903
« First < 1001150119011951199119971998199920002001 200220032004200520112051210125013001 > Last »
Up