ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1000 of 3903
« First < 5009009509909969979989991000 100110021003100410101050110015002000 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:04 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
U by 3 for Mo and Ks reported 1 yesterday as well so no change.

Well....when searching for any sort of positive, that isn’t terrible news.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:07 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Well....when searching for any sort of positive, that isn’t terrible news.
None of this is good but right now I am taking some solace in the fact that over 50% of today's deaths were from NY\NJ. Throw in Michigan and it's an even higher %. If you live in one of those states that super sucks but I think it's important for those who don't to keep the perspective on the numbers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:07 PM 04-01-2020
Just to keep some perspective, 1040 deaths reported so far today with 593 of them from NY and NJ. Hopefully these massive numbers stay isolated to that region. Louisiana is running about 20 deaths fewer today than yesterday right now.
massive numbers nationwide like in NY would mean millions of Americans die. Not a single model is saying that level of cases or death is even possible in other parts of the USA. That’s not the bar.

Oklahoma cases are up 22%. That’s just one state. It’s coming for the heartland too. This virus doesn’t know a thing about a states borders.

Dr. Fauci said today that we are still not doing the level of testing needed to get in front of this virus. Figure out where the next hotspot is going to be. we are still in the mitigation phase.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:12 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
massive numbers nationwide like in NY would mean millions of Americans die. Not a single model is saying that level of cases or death is even possible in other parts of the USA. That’s not the bar.

The govenor said today that in NY only 20% of people that go on a vent, ever come off so far. 80% on a ventilator either die or stay on a ventilator for the rest of their lives. Let’s hope that’s not the standard for the rest of the nation.

Oklahoma cases are up 22%. That’s just one state. It’s coming for the heartland too. This virus doesn’t know a thing about a states borders.

We are still not doing the level of testing needed to get in front of this virus. Figure out where the next hotspot is going to be as per Dr. Fauci said today, we are still in the mitigation phase.
Interesting the governor knows that people either dir or stay on vent "for the rest of their lives" considering what, we are like into this 6 weeks or so?

Critical listening skills would say said governor is "projecting things he should not"
[Reply]
petegz28 06:14 PM 04-01-2020

The govenor said today that in NY only 20% of people that go on a vent, ever come off so far. 80% on a ventilator either die or stay on a ventilator for the rest of their lives. Let’s hope that’s not the standard for the rest of the nation.

We are still not doing the level of testing needed to get in front of this virus. Figure out where the next hotspot is going to be as per Dr. Fauci said today, we are still in the mitigation phase.
These are the statements that make me cringe when people say that. You don't know that. WA state was the hot spot a few weeks ago and now the hot spot is on the completely opposite side of the country. There are so many variables in what makes a hot spot it's almost impossible to predict.

That being said I have not heard the statement about 80% of the people going on ventilators die. If Cuomo said that I think he is the only one that has said that. What I will tell you is we have more people officially recovering than dying by roughly 2-1 at any given point.

We cannot say X spot is going to get hit hard because we don't know what impact X spot's mitigation efforts and what not have been impacting to the outcome. Also population density, average age, future treatments, etc.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:17 PM 04-01-2020
And to this day roughly 50% of the cases in the entire country are NY\NJ. Does that mean it won't spread elsewhere? No. But again those are the numbers that are proven.
[Reply]
Donger 06:18 PM 04-01-2020
These are the statements that make me cringe when people say that. You don't know that.
Yes, we do. It's already there.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:19 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Interesting the governor knows that people either dir or stay on vent "for the rest of their lives" considering what, we are like into this 6 weeks or so?

Critical listening skills would say said governor is "projecting things he should not"
I don't want to go on a tirade about Cuomo as it will get political but generally I have agreed with him but the last week he has really well...we won't get into it here
[Reply]
petegz28 06:19 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, we do. It's already there.
JFC, I didn't say it wasn't here as in no one has it. I have made several other posts to the contrary. We are talking about in the proportions of NY. You know that. Stop playing your stupid DC shit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:20 PM 04-01-2020
Dr. Fauci said on Sanjays podcast today that there is something going on with this virus strain that we don’t have an explanation for yet. Why does someone go from flu symptoms in 24 hours on a ventvand 48 hours they are dead. But, someone with the same medical risks and age just gets flu like symptoms and doesn’t even see a doctor or even get tested till later.

Why are so many patients going into ARDS? Prior coronavirus strains didn’t cause this in the %’s they are seeing in the patients right now. B

The govenor said today that in NY only 20% of people that go on a vent, ever come off so far. 80% of citizens put on a ventilator either die or stay on a ventilator for the rest of their lives. Let’s hope that’s not the standard for the rest of the nation.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:22 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Explain please
Belton is and has always been a shithole. It's residents are goddam lunatics.

What is there to explain
[Reply]
Donger 06:22 PM 04-01-2020
JFC, I didn't say it wasn't here as in no one has it. I have made several other posts to the contrary. We are talking about in the proportions of NY. You know that. Stop playing your stupid DC shit.
Are you basing that on cases per 100,000 pop? Or just total numbers?

I can't help what you post, pete. That's on you.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:23 PM 04-01-2020
Dr. Fauci said on Sanjays podcast today that there is something going on with this virus strain that we don’t have an explanation for yet. Why does someone go from flu symptoms in 24 hours on a ventvand 48 hours they are dead. But, someone with the same medical risks and age just gets flu like symptoms and doesn’t even see a doctor or even get tested till later.

Why are so many patients going into ARDS? Prior coronavirus strains didn’t cause this in the %’s they are seeing in the patients right now. B

The govenor said today that in NY only 20% of people that go on a vent, ever come off so far. 80% of citizens put on a ventilator either die or stay on a ventilator for the rest of their lives. Let’s hope that’s not the standard for the rest of the nation.
Again, no one else that I know of has said that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:23 PM 04-01-2020
These are the statements that make me cringe when people say that. You don't know that. WA state was the hot spot a few weeks ago and now the hot spot is on the completely opposite side of the country. There are so many variables in what makes a hot spot it's almost impossible to predict.
yes, we do know. It’s already there.

That being said I have not heard the statement about 80% of the people going on ventilators die. If Cuomo said that I think he is the only one that has said that. What I will tell you is we have more people officially recovering than dying by roughly 2-1 at any given point.
he said it at his daily press conference today.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:26 PM 04-01-2020

some levity

[Reply]
Page 1000 of 3903
« First < 5009009509909969979989991000 100110021003100410101050110015002000 > Last »
Up