Page 160 of 275
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:30 PM 04-24-2024
Version 2024 - PATRICK MAHOMES & THE HUNT FOR THE THREEPEAT

Let's ****ing do this.

Originally Posted by :
Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. These separate threads will be made as soon as the news breaks, outside of this thread. I will link the threads below. Pure knee-jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here are our picks:

Round 1, #28: Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: C.J. Hanson

Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2023 Draft thread here
View the 2022 Draft thread here
View the 2021 Draft thread here
View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 04-26-2024
I get people like Suamatia but dude is so god damn raw, I heard someone say if he went in the first he'd be the rawest biggest project player maybe ever taken in round 1, that's a bit insane.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:44 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Actually Raiders drafted BPA at 13. Normally they reach unsuccessfully for a need. Surprised Bowers was still on the board
Taking Brock Bowers when the history of TE's drafted that high is really questionable...he doesn't have off the charts measurables...and they literally just drafted Michael Mayer.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:46 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The player I think would really make an impact and help this team be even better is T'Vondre Sweat, a young nose with actual explosion, those guys are rare.
Love the player, but I wonder if Britt Reid and Rashee Rice make the Chiefs pass.

That wouldn’t be a great look.

I don’t think the Chiefs should make decisions that way necessarily, but be ready for some negative press.

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/...avit-says/amp/
[Reply]
Mecca 11:48 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Love the player, but I wonder if Britt Reid and Rashee Rice make the Chiefs pass.

That wouldn’t be a great look.

I don’t think the Chiefs should make decisions that way necessarily, but be ready for some negative press.

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/...avit-says/amp/
I get it, but it'd be hard for me to pass he's basically the 1 piece the DL doesn't have.

Or you can say fuck it and draft JaTavion Sanders because hey more weapons and matchup issues.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:49 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I get it, but it'd be hard for me to pass he's basically the 1 piece the DL doesn't have.

Or you can say fuck it and draft JaTavion Sanders because hey more weapons and matchup issues.
I’d have a really hard time passing on Sweat in third.

I wouldn’t blame the Chiefs if they said: “yeah, we aren’t stepping in that pile of shit for a third round DT”
[Reply]
scho63 12:29 PM 04-26-2024
Colin Cowherd made a great argument for not being so freaked out about Falcons pick.

Said 77 QBs played last year. So many hurt and Cousins coming off major injury and Pendix is cheap for the time he is there.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Colin Cowherd made a great argument for not being so freaked out about Falcons pick.

Said 77 QBs played last year. So many hurt and Cousins coming off major injury and Pendix is cheap for the time he is there.
So take Rattler on day 2. You don't pay a QB top money, then turn around and draft an old prospect at 8 too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:35 PM 04-26-2024
An old prospect that has an injury history. It was the dumbest pick of the first round.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:37 PM 04-26-2024
The only way we look back on that Atlanta pick and think they made the right call is if Penix becomes a top 10 quarterback.

That outcome would make it forgivable and dare I say smart - but it won't change the fact that having a $45m backup next year or a 25-year old second-year #8 overall pick on the bench is bad resource management in real time.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:38 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:

So you take a guy who couldn't stay healthy in college?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
An old prospect that has an injury history. It was the dumbest pick of the first round.
By far. They saved the Broncos from being the worst :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:41 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Do you think either could be a solid, full time starter by late November? Or do we need to dust off D Smith for one more year?
I think that's a smart move regardless.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:44 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So take Rattler on day 2. You don't pay a QB top money, then turn around and draft an old prospect at 8 too.
I'm certainly not advocating for the Penix pick, but I think the age thing matters a lot less for the QB position than almost any other. A QB can play well into their mid thirties if not to 40. I still think it's a dumb pick, just not for age concerns.

I also wouldn't care about a RB's age, because I probably won't pay their second contract anyway.

Carry on.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:46 PM 04-26-2024
Picking Penix (I don’t like the pick personally) wouldn’t be thought of as an all time dumb decision.

Signing Counsins isn’t a dumb decision.

It’s the two moves TOGETHER that are dumb. You have an aging, expensive QB with a prime draft pick. That’s the time to take a player to build around that expensive QB you just signed.

If you want Penix, you always knew he’d be there. Don’t sign Cousins. Just pick Penix and use the cap space to build around him.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Picking Penix (I don’t like the pick personally) wouldn’t be thought of as an all time dumb decision.

Signing Counsins isn’t a dumb decision.

It’s the two moves TOGETHER that are dumb. You have an aging, expensive QB with a prime draft pick. That’s the time to take a player to build around that expensive QB you just signed.

If you want Penix, you always knew he’d be there. Don’t sign Cousins. Just pick Penix and use the cap space to build around him.
The video of the owner looking pissed at the GM certainly didn't help either.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 275
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up