ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 400 of 460
« First < 300350390396397398399400 401402403404410450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Monticore 02:11 PM 07-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I'm a 26 :-)

But my last two rounds Monday and yesterday at the same course, I shot a 43 on the back 9 on Monday and a 46 on the front 9 yesterday. So that's an 89 unofficially. The lessons i took the last two years are really helping, I just need to avoid the blowup holes and improve my short game and think I can shoot in the low 90's with the occasional high 80 round.
spend 80% of your practice time on the short game if you want to improve, but that is boring as shit lol. " golf is not a game of perfect" by Bob Rotella is a good book to read to reduce your score without actual golf swing tips ,all mental.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:16 PM 07-15-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
spend 80% of your practice time on the short game if you want to improve, but that is boring as shit lol. " golf is not a game of perfect" by Bob Rotella is a good book to read to reduce your score without actual golf swing tips ,all mental.
Hope Phil is reading that right now
[Reply]
BWillie 02:21 PM 07-15-2021
I don't think I have practiced my short game more than 2 minutes in the year, since I started golfing again. That probably explains why Garmin Golf says I'm in the low 5% percentile of putting per my handicap and in the 94% percentile for driving and 92% of approach shots. When I was younger I never really got better at putting even if I practiced, but I see the golf pros son at my course practice putting and he has all of these lines draw and strings and aids for alignment so maybe there is some scientific method.

But that shit is boring. I don't even like watching them putt on TV. They shouldn't even show putting on TV until Sunday. I'd rather beat off with barbed wire. That is why Sergio Garcia is so cool. Can't putt worth a shit. Would have won 8 majors if he could putt.
[Reply]
philfree 05:07 PM 07-15-2021
Pat Pending 1903 Schenectady putter. My dad had this putter every since I can remember.

[Reply]
srvy 06:54 PM 07-15-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Only took one day for this week's Bryson controversy. After a middling 1st round at the Open he went to the press conference and said the reason he struggled was his 5-degree driver "sucks"... and then Cobra responded. :-)

He is such a doofus the spoiled brat is getting all kinds of engineering to get it right and he complains. He did apologize later though.

It looked like He a Matt Kutcher got into it on the practice tee this morning. It looked like Brandon had his heels on the barrier of his tee box with the driver and his long ass club and swing. Kutcher had his ball teed up near center but the swing sure looked close on the backswing. Kucher said something and Brandon point with his club to his front and back barrier. Kutcher said something he didn't look too happy and Brandon teed the ball to the far end. While it's Brandon's right to tee anywhere in the barrier why be a dick, just be safe with the long club.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:56 PM 07-15-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Pat Pending 1903 Schenectady putter. My dad had this putter every since I can remember.

Can I borrow that this Sunday?? Mine has been letting me down on 4 hole carry overs... Need to win some skins...
[Reply]
philfree 07:05 PM 07-15-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Can I borrow that this Sunday?? Mine has been letting me down on 4 hole carry overs... Need to win some skins...
:-) Thing has a curved face so I'm sure it would work out.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:16 PM 07-15-2021
Monday night in league at Swope Park, where I haven't broken 50 yet, I shot a 44 on the front nine. I was +3 on the final 7 holes and only had 11 putts total (12 if you count the one from the short stuff off the green).
[Reply]
BWillie 10:13 PM 07-15-2021
Monday night in league at Swope Park, where I haven't broken 50 yet, I shot a 44 on the front nine. I was +3 on the final 7 holes and only had 11 putts total (12 if you count the one from the short stuff off the green).
Nice job!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:23 PM 07-15-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:

That thing can't be fucking USGA legal
[Reply]
srvy 11:03 PM 07-15-2021
bet it was in 1903. honestly dont know it wouldn't now. My dad had an old master 803 that was popularized by Arnold Palmer that is in my brother's possession now. I loved that thing so I bought a Wilson 8803 at of all places Kmart in the 70's. I still have and use it often it was designed pretty much by Arnie's putter he used pigeon toed style.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:06 AM 07-16-2021
Good stuff , improving your short game I directly also improves your long game , if you know you can get up and down from anywhere you worry less about missing the green allowing you to make a stress free relaxed swing allowing you to hit more greens . It also annoys the shit out if my playing partners watching me back my way to the green playing from others fairways and end up with the same score as them , I can’t remember the last time I three putted after I read that book .
[Reply]
Monticore 08:18 AM 07-16-2021
“Golfing potential depends primarily on a player’s attitude, on how well he plays with the wedges and the putter, and on how well he thinks.”
― Bob Rotella, Golf is Not a Game of Perfect

“You cannot hit a golf ball consistently well if you think about the mechanics of your swing as you play.”

“Everything that happens from the tee to that 120-yard range is almost insignificant compared with what happens thereafter.”

“attitude would always win out over ability.”

“Putt to make it.”
― Bob Rotella, Putting Out Of Your Mind
[Reply]
tk13 10:51 AM 07-16-2021
Brooks Koepka in his post-round interview on TV dropping a "love my driver" in there. :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:54 AM 07-16-2021
Awesome :-)
[Reply]
Page 400 of 460
« First < 300350390396397398399400 401402403404410450 > Last »
Up