ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Media Center>First Rock & Roll concert you ever saw?
BigRedChief 01:33 AM 07-19-2020
Share whatever you want of the milestone

Oct. 2nd 1974. The New York Dolls and Lynyrd Skynyrd in Springfield, Missouri in what Was a bowling alley but I think it’s a Church now on Glenstone. Not too far from chestnut expressway. They both blew my mind. Opened up possibilities.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:47 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
YouTube and their random copyright takedowns can be extremely annoying. I would imagine that in this case, it was The Eagles who requested it to be removed but often times, it's due to copyright flags by companies that have no right to claim infringement.

This happened to me less than 3 weeks ago: A production company in Vietnam that produces the most popular daytime drama (soap opera) in the entire country licensed a track for use in a promo for their upcoming season but it kept getting flagged for copyright infringement, so the promo was unavailable to view. They were freaking out because they'd spent so much time and money producing this spot, which YouTube wouldn't allow to stream.

I got a call and a text at like 6am PST asking me if I'd licensed the track to another publisher, which I did not. Anyway, after about 4 hours of research, emails and calls, I found that a publisher DID claim the copyright, even though they had no right to do so. About 8 hours later, the copyright was released but by that time, it was past midnight in Vietnam and we had no idea if YouTube's system allowed the promo to air in that country.

In the end, it was all worked out but I wasted a day chasing down something that shouldn't have even happened, so I can't even imagine what bands like the Eagles go through on YouTube.
Yeah, I can't imagine why the Eagles would want that video taken down. It's basically free advertising for their upcoming concerts, showing that despite their age and the personnel changes, they're still just as good now as they ever were. Hell, I've seen Frey sing lead on Take It To The Limit live, and Gill's performance of it blows him away. He's damned near as good as Meisner was on the studio track.

YouTube also used to have a video of Frey singing a slightly truncated Desperado backed up by Little River Band which is amazingly good. That vanished as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:54 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I can't imagine why the Eagles would want that video taken down.
I can give you two words why the Eagles would want it taken down: Don Henley.

:-)

He's super protective of his work, so it's understandable why he'd ask them for removal.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:11 PM 08-04-2020

He's super protective of his work, so it's understandable why he'd ask them for removal.

Love his work, but damn, what a douche.
[Reply]
EPodolak 04:16 PM 08-04-2020

I caught something on YT the other day, it included a snippet of Henley telling a congressional panel that the Eagles publishing group have a staff of 60 in place all day every day, monitoring the webs for copyright infringements of their music.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:19 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
I caught something on YT the other day, it included a snippet of Henley telling a congressional panel that the Eagles publishing group have a staff of 60 in place all day every day, monitoring the webs for copyright infringements of their music.
Yeah, he's all over his Intellectual Property.

He got out of his deal with Geffen back when I was at Uni, by claiming in a lawsuit against Geffen and Universal that he was an "Indentured Servant" because his contract was longer than 7 years.

He won.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:25 PM 08-04-2020
Yeah, he's all over his Intellectual Property.

He got out of his deal with Geffen back when I was at Uni, by claiming in a lawsuit against Geffen and Universal that he was an "Indentured Servant" because his contract was longer than 7 years.

He won.
I just sent you a link to Frey singing Desperado with LRB on Messenger. It's still available on Facebook if you know where to look. Despite Henley's best efforts, I'm sure. Especially since Glenn kind of pissed in Don's pool by singing it just as well as he ever did. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:29 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I just sent you a link to Frey singing Desperado with LRB on Messenger. It's still available on Facebook if you know where to look. Despite Henley's best efforts, I'm sure. Especially since Glenn kind of pissed in Don's pool by singing it just as well as he ever did. :-)
Awesome, Dude! Thank you very much!
[Reply]
Frazod 04:30 PM 08-04-2020
Awesome, Dude! Thank you very much!
Enjoy it while it lasts!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up