ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 38
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:43 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
And that is with out mentioning the brining back of Palpatine (and ruining Vader’s redemption)
This was my line of thinking before seeing the movie.

But after seeing the movie, I no longer believe that Anakin's story arc was changed because, as The Emperor himself admitted, he died before, a clear reference to his death at the hands of Anakin on the second Death Star. So in that regard, Anakin's tale is unchanged, from my perspective.

While I would have preferred a different ending that didn't involve resurrecting The Emperor, I thought it was pretty cool that we finally saw the followers of The Sith, former Sith Lords as statues (which also appeared in EU novels) and the latest Sith Homeworld of Exogol, not to mention that it was The Emperor himself that was deceiving Ben Solo from birth.

The movie, for me anyway, was far more enjoyable the second time and I'm hoping to see it at least once more before it leaves the theaters as it'll probably be early April before it's released digitally.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:53 PM 01-03-2020
A Calvary charge on a star destroyer just looked silly.
And you know, all the Star Destroyer had to do was fucking pitch to one side and they were fucked :-)

Just a dumb movie. Big, stupid, loud and dumb. Didn't care about the massive plot holes, just give us your money. Star Wars: Rise of Transformers
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:26 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This was my line of thinking before seeing the movie.

But after seeing the movie, I no longer believe that Anakin's story arc was changed because, as The Emperor himself admitted, he died before, a clear reference to his death at the hands of Anakin on the second Death Star. So in that regard, Anakin's tale is unchanged, from my perspective.

While I would have preferred a different ending that didn't involve resurrecting The Emperor, I thought it was pretty cool that we finally saw the followers of The Sith, former Sith Lords as statues (which also appeared in EU novels) and the latest Sith Homeworld of Exogol, not to mention that it was The Emperor himself that was deceiving Ben Solo from birth.

The movie, for me anyway, was far more enjoyable the second time and I'm hoping to see it at least once more before it leaves the theaters as it'll probably be early April before it's released digitally.
I’ve gone back and forth on Vader’s redemption since learning they were bringing Palpatine back from the dead. He did turn back to the light and he did kill the emperor. But in doing so did he really fulfill the prophecy and bring balance back to the force if the Emperor, or anyone else, can be brought back from the dead? That does not nullify Vader’s turn but, it nullifies it’s significance in terms of the prophecy. Hell, it nullifies the prophecy itself.

I agree that catching a glimpse of the Sith order was cool. And it was something that could be pulled from the EU with out any confusion because while it was new to the film universe the Sith themselves were not, making it a non-left field world to explore. The fact that the details of that world were drawn upon from the EU is inconsequential on this matter. BUT, they could have done that with Snoke. And while that is a RJ problem Abrams couldn’t help, it ultimately falls on Disney for allowing these films to be made with out an outline for all three movies to follow. And that is by far the biggest fail through out these films. How you tell a story with out a cohesive storyline is beyond me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:35 PM 01-03-2020
You shouldn't try to explain JJ's hamfisted writing and plot.

There's no rhyme or reason to it.

It just is, cus it was the easiest thing to do.

He's a dumbfuck with zero creative energy beyond making things look cool.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:40 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And you know, all the Star Destroyer had to do was fucking pitch to one side and they were fucked :-)
:-) Heh, yeah, that would have about done it. Although I consider that to just be typical movie making convenience. That in and of itself is just something one expects in most movies. But the scene itself just looked silly.

Originally Posted by :
Just a dumb movie. Big, stupid, loud and dumb. Didn't care about the massive plot holes, just give us your money. Star Wars: Rise of Transformers
Yep. If you told me this was a Michael Bay film I’d never think of questioning you on it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:34 PM 01-03-2020

Physics in a Star Wars movie? Are you kidding me?

Let's start with the fact that a lightsaber could never, ever exist in our universe because light doesn't have an endpoint, nullifying the possibility of such a weapon or device.

As for the movie, it was clearly explained that the planet Exegol had a weird atmosphere consisting of many anomalies, including Gravity Wells, which could easily explain why the characters didn't fall off the Star Destroyer.

The ships also had limited manueverability due to the unstable atmosphere so had the ship turned to its side in an effort to dump the Rebels, it too could have crash landed.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:58 PM 01-03-2020
So was Lando hitting on the young girl there at the end? His line delivery sure felt like it.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:12 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So was Lando hitting on the young girl there at the end? His line delivery sure felt like it.
I don’t know but, it was odd to say the least.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:18 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
No, it didn't.

Dude, I can never tell if you're trolling or if you have the IQ of a squirrel because some of things you post are just beyond dumb.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:22 PM 01-03-2020
I don’t know but, it was odd to say the least.
The scene was cut but Jannah is Lando's daughter.

I'm not singling out you but it infuriates me to no end that some people need everything spelled out for them onscreen.

That's why Lucas added the scene in the Special Edition of The Empire Strikes Back in which Vader is shown on Bespin saying "Prepare my Star Destroyer for my arrival" because people complained "but how did Vader get back to his ship"?

It's why Lucas included the scenes in which Leia is seen as a baby on Alderaan and Obi Wan is seen dropping off Luke to Owen and Beru, two scenes that were completely unnecessary because we already knew their stories! But a certain segment of people need to see it on screen for it to have happened.

It drives me crazy that people can't use their brains...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:22 PM 01-03-2020
Physics in a Star Wars movie? Are you kidding me?

Let's start with the fact that a lightsaber could never, ever exist in our universe because light doesn't have an endpoint, nullifying the possibility of such a weapon or device.

As for the movie, it was clearly explained that the planet Exegol had a weird atmosphere consisting of many anomalies, including Gravity Wells, which could easily explain why the characters didn't fall off the Star Destroyer.

The ships also had limited manueverability due to the unstable atmosphere so had the ship turned to its side in an effort to dump the Rebels, it too could have crash landed.
You love JJ :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:30 PM 01-03-2020
The scene was cut but Jannah is Lando's daughter.

I'm not singling out you but it infuriates me to no end that some people need everything spelled out for them onscreen.

That's why Lucas added the scene in the Special Edition of The Empire Strikes Back in which Vader is shown on Bespin saying "Prepare my Star Destroyer for my arrival" because people complained "but how did Vader get back to his ship"?

It's why Lucas included the scenes in which Leia is seen as a baby on Alderaan and Obi Wan is seen dropping off Luke to Owen and Beru, two scenes that were completely unnecessary because we already knew their stories but a certain segment of people need to see it on screen for it to have happened.

It drives me crazy that people can't use their brains...
I considered the possibility she might be his daughter when he asked the question. But his delivery of, “Let’s go find out.” just seemed off to me (and plenty of others from what I’m reading). That’s why I said I don’t know. And I consider this to be a bit more ambiguous than the examples you gave. JMO.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:00 PM 01-03-2020
No, it didn't.

Dude, I can never tell if you're trolling or if you have the IQ of a squirrel because some of things you post are just beyond dumb.
Most likely it wasn’t meant that way, but it did make me feel uncomfortable for a second or two.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:03 PM 01-03-2020
You love JJ :-)
No, I just see reasonable explanations where they exist.

The entire Star Wars Galaxy is Fantasy/Sci-Fi.

Even semi-reasonable explanations make sense if you employ a Suspension of Disbelief, which is required when watching Star Wars.

There was much, much more dumber stuff in the old EU than in the sequel trilogy.

Like mountains of nonsense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:07 PM 01-03-2020
Of course, of course.

Doesn't excuse JJ's hamfisted fuckery.

Like I said...even the EU did a better job of resurrecting Palpatine.

JJ is just lazy.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 38
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up