ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 38
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 PM 12-27-2019
THIS would have been an ending.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:01 AM 12-28-2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 12-28-2019
srsly

fuck JJ

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:57 AM 12-28-2019

[Reply]
listopencil 03:14 AM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Yeah but why did you lie?

I didn't. Figure it out.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:14 AM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My son crapped ALL over this movie the other day, which really surprised me, but he did say that The Mandalorian was outstanding

So I’ll be renting this on the cheap, and trying to find an “alternative” means to see Mandalorian

To be honest I’m sick of how they’re trashing the SW legacy, all the new ones sans Rogue One have been ****ing garbage IMO... and before someone jumps down my throat for that opinion, bear in mind I’m an ORIGINAL SW nerd

Watched the first run of New Hope at a drive-in theater and had ALL the toys... so I’m damn well entitled to my opinion :-)

They had their chance to reunite Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie... and ****ing BLEW it
You sound just like my son....he is THE Original Star Wars nerd and has pretty much trashed a lot of the SW movies since the original trilogy. He is a devoted follower of the canon and hates what Disney has done to the product. (Although he loves Clone Wars)

Me....I enjoy it for what it is. I don't try and follow the canon or try to read all the books to help me understand everything.

Now.....having said that I am really locked in on The Mandalorian!!:-):-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:16 AM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I didn't. Figure it out.
It’s not a big deal, it’s en vogue for guys to rip the Star Wars movies. It’s “fash to bash” cause it makes you sound high brow or discerning...or soemthing. I get it.

Personally I liked the movie. My kids want to see it again so we will.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:32 AM 12-28-2019
It’s not a big deal, it’s en vogue for guys to rip the Star Wars movies. It’s “fash to bash” cause it makes you sound high brow or discerning...or soemthing. I get it.

Personally I liked the movie. My kids want to see it again so we will.
So anyone with a differing opinion than you are doing it to be en vogue? You need help.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:49 AM 12-28-2019
No, you don't.

Rogue One was great. Solo was good. The Mandalorian is fucking awesome.

The Force Awakens was good, the Last Jedi was good...

This was mediocre action schlock at best with some cheap jokes and nostalgia thrown in to not make it completely suck.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:25 PM 12-28-2019
Well, turns out the wife wants to go see this, since she liked Mandalorian so much. So we're going tomorrow afternoon.

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:55 PM 12-28-2019
she's going to be so disappointed

you moreso
[Reply]
Frazod 06:33 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
she's going to be so disappointed

you moreso
I have really, really low expectations.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:38 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I have really, really low expectations.
Deep six all expectations and just go in thinking that you're seeing a Star Wars movie. It's a mess, but there are a few legit good scenes in it.

If you really want to get picky and can't lower expectations, just motherfuck RJ and KK as many times as needed until the splitting migraine goes away.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:36 PM 12-28-2019
From everything I've read and heard it doesn't suck as much as the last one. At least that's a step in the right direction.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:59 PM 12-28-2019
Maybe he had a bastard son he didn’t know about, until he planted a seed strong with the force.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 38
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up