ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 70
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Setsuna 01:53 PM 02-01-2020
Red Letter Media did not like it at all.
[Reply]
srvy 05:18 PM 02-01-2020
Just watched the 1st episode on youtube. All I can say is Patrick Stewart looks old and feeble.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:20 PM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Just watched the 1st episode on youtube. All I can say is Patrick Stewart looks old and feeble.
He'll be 80 years old in July
[Reply]
srvy 07:26 PM 02-01-2020
I figured he was up there but he really seemed to have shown it since I last saw him in a movie.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:15 PM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I figured he was up there but he really seemed to have shown it since I last saw him in a movie.
They're deliberately making him look more feeble than he actually is, since he doesn't come off that way in interviews/appearances.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 04:51 AM 02-02-2020
I just wish his voice weren't so old-sounding. The way he delivered lines with conviction in TNG was one of the best parts of the show. :-)

The show is great otherwise. Like a combo of Star Trek and Blade Runner
[Reply]
007 12:25 PM 02-02-2020
Do women run Starfleet now?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:31 PM 02-06-2020
Engage.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:27 PM 02-06-2020
The third episode was very good. Nice to see Hugh again.
[Reply]
micallen 08:20 AM 02-07-2020
Gonna wait til late March so I can binge watch it all.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:30 PM 02-07-2020
Better be a hell of a payoff, cause so far it's three hours of setup.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:16 PM 02-16-2020
This show is fucking amazing.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:19 PM 02-16-2020
So one thing I love about this show....I was quite worried I wouldn't care about the supporting cast, but damn if they didn't make me care about them.

They're all pretty great.

Romulan Legolas inparticular is fucking awesome. If he has to sacrifice himself for Picard at some point, there will be tears.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:36 PM 02-16-2020
I watched the first four episodes. I was wary, but it has been enjoyable. It reminds me of those Picard episodes of TNG. It has a certain flair and a certain sense of humor about it that I enjoy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:44 AM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I watched the first four episodes. I was wary, but it has been enjoyable. It reminds me of those Picard episodes of TNG. It has a certain flair and a certain sense of humor about it that I enjoy.
I was really, really enjoying this show, and then Jean-Luc tore down the ROMULANS ONLY sign and sat his old ass down in their bigoted bar and stared every fucking Romulan down without so much as a lip quiver.

:-)

And then he was actually gonna fence one of the Romulans - and looked like he was going to hold his own - and then Romulan Legolas came in outta nowhere.

This is the best possible version of Star Trek so far. It's like someone took all the best stuff from DS9 and TNG and threw it in a big pot together and added just a tiny dash of Abrams.

What the fuck Paramount was doing wasting time with Discovery and JJ's stupid movies is beyond me.

THIS is Star Trek.

Also, Jean-Luc's outfits are just the best. Particularly liked how he pointed out how absurd that 24th century suit was, too.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 70
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up