Margot Robbie-Harley Quinn
Will Smith-Deadshot
Jai Courtney-Boomerang

Rick Roven-producer

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-suicide-squad

This looks very promising
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:15 PM 08-14-2016
They mostly got the characters mostly right at least for the core team: Deadshot, Boomerang, and Quinn. Captain Boomerang is an incredible asshole, who the rest of the team doesn't mind double crossing at the drop of the hat.

Waller is just that cold. Deadshot is a little more ruthless in the comics. I think Leto was doing a modern update of Cesare Romero's Joker.

The villains were a little bland but considering they had to introduce the protagonists, they had to cut something.

Perhaps in the sequel that can have Chesire steal some nukes and try to nuke Qurac.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:06 PM 08-15-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
Because having characters we can sympathize with brings us closer to them and immerses us in the story even if they are "bad guys". That's why that bar scene was in there and why it was one of the best scenes in the movie
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry. I know why it was written into the movie. I should have phrased my point differently.

I can't empathize with homicidal maniacs no matter what you tell me about their back story. And I disagree -- I thought it was an awkward, unnecessary scene. (Not to mention it was at serious odds with the personalities of most of those characters.) You can still be interested in and entertained by a character without empathizing with them. Walter White is a good example. When you look at it honestly, he was a bad guy -- but I was riveted by everything he did.

Just a difference of opinion. You see a redeeming quality in the addition of that scene. I see yet another screw up in the writing and directing.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:04 PM 08-15-2016
I didn't think the movie would be worse than BvS. It's a close call, though. "Martha" probably makes BvS worse, but SS, as a whole, is probably a bigger pile of shit than BvS without that colossal fuckup.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:43 PM 08-18-2016
Tons of shit I didn't like but it was an entertaining watch.

Will Smith carried this movie.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:10 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Tons of shit I didn't like but it was an entertaining watch.

Will Smith carried this movie.
Agreed. That fan service for Harley got tired though.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 11:16 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I didn't think the movie would be worse than BvS. It's a close call, though. "Martha" probably makes BvS worse, but SS, as a whole, is probably a bigger pile of shit than BvS without that colossal ****up.
I didn't see the regular version of BvS but in the extended version I didn't think the whole Martha thing was that bad.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:58 AM 08-19-2016
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
I didn't see the regular version of BvS but in the extended version I didn't think the whole Martha thing was that bad.
It was pretty bad. The whole fight scene was pretty bad. The movie kinda sucked. Angry George Clooney versus Hipster Christopher Reeve. I also only watched the special extended version though.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:27 AM 08-19-2016
Wow our moms have the same name...now I can relate. Let's fight crime together!!!

That was the worst angle in any of the super hero movies I think I've ever seen, and I'm not a comic geek and usually am pretty laid back and don't complain about petty shit. They're mostly summer box office popcorn flix, based on comics, you're not going to get an Oscar winning best actor performances excluding Ledger's Joker. BvS IMO did such a shitty half assed job tying each characters' plots together. I understand they had to do it someway...but it seemed really half assed...Half assed for a movie that had so much hype. I honestly didn't like BvS all that much. Batman by himself is the best super hero comic book movie franchise ever and it's not even close. It sucks that other than MoS (which was just avg IMO) all of the Superman movies have been dogshit.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:22 PM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I didn't think the movie would be worse than BvS. It's a close call, though. "Martha" probably makes BvS worse, but SS, as a whole, is probably a bigger pile of shit than BvS without that colossal ****up.
I never thought I'd hate a batman movie more that Bales....growling every ****ing line when he was the bat....it literally made me MAD! :-)
but then BvS came along. wow. just a complete turd. just terrible.

I think SS is much better than BvS...and yet not a great movie. I did get into a bit though...and I don't consider it terrible. worth watching I guess. just not great.

and I know this is stupid cause....it's comic books man....but I really have a problem with the characters who have no super powers. like harley quinn. just shoot her. the end. hell even batman....shoot him in the face where the helmet doesn't cover him up and be done with it already.

Harley was my fav in the movie though. she cracked me up.
[Reply]
Setsuna 01:53 PM 08-22-2016
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 02:53 PM 08-22-2016
I've been told to wait for the DVD/Blue Ray version with added time.
[Reply]
RobBlake 04:33 AM 08-23-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I never thought I'd hate a batman movie more that Bales....growling every ****ing line when he was the bat....it literally made me MAD! :-)
but then BvS came along. wow. just a complete turd. just terrible.

I think SS is much better than BvS...and yet not a great movie. I did get into a bit though...and I don't consider it terrible. worth watching I guess. just not great.

and I know this is stupid cause....it's comic books man....but I really have a problem with the characters who have no super powers. like harley quinn. just shoot her. the end. hell even batman....shoot him in the face where the helmet doesn't cover him up and be done with it already.

Harley was my fav in the movie though. she cracked me up.
if they use that logic of just shoot it and be done with t then there would be no other super hero in the universe as superman is perfect
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:28 PM 08-29-2016
Will smith sucked. Joker has potential, Harley Quinn carried the movie, it wasn't as bad as some of you say (big surprise on hyperbole planet, I know) certainly not my favorite movie by any means but it was enjoyable
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:36 PM 08-29-2016
Funny how two people can watch the same thing and come to entirely different conclusions.

That's what life's all about, though, I suppose.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 02:57 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Funny how two people can watch the same thing and come to entirely different conclusions.

That's what life's all about, though, I suppose.
I like will smith. Not sure what it was about his performance in this one, but it was like he was off somehow.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up