ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:56 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
No you don't. Tell Dak to stuff it and when he again underperforms, draft another QB and let Dalton be the bridge
Has this ever happened?
[Reply]
philfree 07:55 AM 05-22-2020
They should just cut him and let him find out how much he's really worth on the open market. I don't think he'd get close to that much.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:56 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
They should just cut him and let him find out how much he's really worth on the open market. I don't think he'd get close to that much.
I disagree, a QB hitting the open market that is what is he 27? He would make bank.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:57 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I disagree, a QB hitting the open market that is what is he 27? He would make bank.
Isn't 5 for 175 bank?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:59 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Isn't 5 for 175 bank?
What is the guarantee on that deal though? Without that figure we don't know what it really looks like.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:02 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
What is the guarantee on that deal though? Without that figure we don't know what it really looks like.
If he performs to those numbers, he's not going to get cut. If he doesn't, then he wasn't worth 5 for 175.

If you want to throw in the injury angle, I am not that excited about still paying Berry and not being able to add an extra piece or two... or being able to get Jones done right now.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:06 AM 05-22-2020
Dak is a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:13 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Dak is passing up a great contract for what? He's Alex Smith with a talented team... IMHO he's consistently underperformed the last few years
Think you need to wait to mid July to see if he actually passes it up. At this point it is still negotiations, it is not like Dallas is going to pull the deal. But some may depend upon the guarantees as well. I mean he makes 31 this year regardless. A good year and Dallas has problems next year. He could very well try for the Cousins gold mine of playing on the tag for two year if they do not offer enough guaranteed money in the deal.
[Reply]
oldman 08:42 AM 05-22-2020
Just my opinion, but he ought to take that money and laugh his ass off as he spends it. There's no way he's worth $35M a year. I realize QB is the most important position, but to tie up 15-20% of your team's cap on Prescott is just insane.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:45 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Is he even a top 10 QB? I think there are at least 10 I take over him.
The guy is VERY average.

That offense lives/dies with Zeke.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:49 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
75% of Patrick Mahomes, isn't Patrick Mahomes.
Hey. Did someone hear a toilet flush? That was your credibility flushed away after this moronic gem.

If you honestly believe that Mahomes unique skillset only contributes 25% of the success of the offense, please, try to muster up enough pride to take your own life.

Dementia has clearly set in, your quality of life must be horrific.

Just end it. Be at peace.

Suffer from terminal dumbfuckery no longer.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Hey. Did someone hear a toilet flush? That was your credibility flushed away after this moronic gem.

If you honestly believe that Mahomes unique skillset only contributes 25% of the success of the offense, please, try to muster up enough pride to take your own life.

Dementia has clearly set in, your quality of life must be horrific.

Just end it. Be at peace.

Suffer from terminal dumbfuckery no longer.
What in the actual fuck are you babbling about?

The guy that was shitting on Andy Reid is going to lecture someone else on credibility?

Get the fuck outta here...
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:11 PM 05-22-2020
Over his career, Dak has averaged 24 TDs, 8 INTs, and 3300 yards/season.

He's 0-8 when trailing at the half.

He's had the league's best OL for most of his career.

He's had a top-5 running game in Zeke for his entire career.

He's had above average receivers for his entire career (top-12 over his career).

Since Dak became the starter, the Cowboys have a playoff record of 1-2.

Dak doesn't deserve $35 million/year. He deserves about $5 million/year more than Andy Dalton's starting money.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:19 PM 05-22-2020
Watch Dak in Philly last year to get control of the division in the final weeks. He was absolute ass and was missing open players left and right.

That game reminds me of Alex Smith vs the Steelers.

Say what you will, but we never gave Alex top money. Andy was never that stupid.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 12:38 PM 05-22-2020
This is the classic example of two fools meeting.
Cowboys fools for offering the money.
Prescott for turning it down.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up