ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 970 of 1207
« First < 470870920960966967968969970 97197297397498010201070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:14 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Shrimp/Fish Tacos are one of my favorites. My wife is going to make that for my Birthday dinner this week. Thanks again!

My job will be to eat that deliciousness and to concoct the margaritas :-)
For whatever reason, I've never thought of making margs with this. What have I been doing my whole life. Thank you for the great idea!
[Reply]
Pablo 05:45 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
yeah, im gonna need to know the specs on this Pablo!!! show me everything!!! :-)
No problem. Pretty much make the same loaf whether I smoke or bake it. Smoked is obviously much better.

Soak three slices bread and a cup of crushed Cheez-its(or Goldfish) in a cup of milk to start. If you just have bread, use 5 slices. Dice and sautee one onion, one stalk celery, two slices thick cut bacon. Drain and set off to the side. Two beaten eggs. One cup Parmesan cheese. One tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, one tsp Worcestershire sauce. Two lbs ground beef. Mix all that up and form in a greased loaf pan, chill for an hour before throwing on the smoker. Then I invert and pop onto a vented grill pan. This part might require a little prying around the edges with a butter knife to release.

Top with a nice shake of your fave bbq rub. Smoke over charcoal with hickory and pecan chunks until you hit 140. Then I hit it with some Blues Hog sauce and let it roll until 155. I usually run the grill closer to 300 when I make this. Takes about 1.5 hours, maybe a little less. If I bake it then I go 350 for 40 mins, then top with a ketchup/brown sugar glaze and cook another 15, no bbq flavors on that one.
[Reply]
srvy 06:21 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Smoked meatloaf with mashed sweet potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice work Pablo! I think FMB would be proud of that beauty.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:28 PM 03-04-2020
No problem. Pretty much make the same loaf whether I smoke or bake it. Smoked is obviously much better.

Soak three slices bread and a cup of crushed Cheez-its(or Goldfish) in a cup of milk to start. If you just have bread, use 5 slices. Dice and sautee one onion, one stalk celery, two slices thick cut bacon. Drain and set off to the side. Two beaten eggs. One cup Parmesan cheese. One tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, one tsp Worcestershire sauce. Two lbs ground beef. Mix all that up and form in a greased loaf pan, chill for an hour before throwing on the smoker. Then I invert and pop onto a vented grill pan. This part might require a little prying around the edges with a butter knife to release.

Top with a nice shake of your fave bbq rub. Smoke over charcoal with hickory and pecan chunks until you hit 140. Then I hit it with some Blues Hog sauce and let it roll until 155. I usually run the grill closer to 300 when I make this. Takes about 1.5 hours, maybe a little less. If I bake it then I go 350 for 40 mins, then top with a ketchup/brown sugar glaze and cook another 15, no bbq flavors on that one.
Thanks man.

Your vented grill pan look like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Grill-Topper-...378842&sr=8-16
[Reply]
scho63 11:22 PM 03-04-2020
Smoked meatloaf with mashed sweet potatoes.

You gotta start making yourself sautéed Haricot Verts cooked with bacon grease and shallots rather than those boiled to death green beans. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 11:29 PM 03-04-2020
I've been on a ramen kick like never before, usually doing 3 packages at once for lunch and then no dinner. Not sure why they have tasted so good lately. I use 3 packages of noodles but only two flavor packets to try and limit all that salt. I also drizzle in some sesame oil and hot chili oil.

These two flavors are my current favorites. Costs about .75 for lunch. :-)

[Reply]
Pablo 04:52 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Thanks man.

Your vented grill pan look like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Grill-Topper-...378842&sr=8-16
Yep.

Originally Posted by scho63:
You gotta start making yourself sautéed Haricot Verts cooked with bacon grease and shallots rather than those boiled to death green beans. :-)
That's what mama likes. Even insists on canned over frozen or fresh.
[Reply]
scho63 10:15 AM 03-05-2020
That's what mama likes. Even insists on canned over frozen or fresh.
Old habits die hard.....:-)
[Reply]
Pablo 06:25 PM 03-07-2020
This thread got me inspired for my wife's birthday. Whipped up some shrimp tacos. Fresh made mango pico and southwest slaw underneath.

Not pictured are some serious margaritas I made. Getting a heavy buzz off two. Two more to go hopefully.

[Reply]
Megatron96 03-07-2020, 06:46 PM
This message has been deleted by Megatron96. Reason: q
Megatron96 07:00 PM 03-07-2020
Beef stew. Beef rib meat, red potatoes, gold Yukon’s, yellow onions, a handful of whole garlic cloves, carrots, peas, corn, celery, a couple cups of some red wine, tomato paste and chunks of tomato, several whole shallots, bunch of spices. Over buttered egg noodles. And a Diet Coke.

[Reply]
Pablo 07:05 PM 03-07-2020
Looks good. I'd gladly smash some o' that stew.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:11 PM 03-07-2020
Looks good. I'd gladly smash some o' that stew.
Tasted great. The rib meat takes about an hour longer, but it has a more beefy flavor and a better texture, IMO. The shallots are really good too, an extra a good friend of mine introduced me to many years ago. Diet coke sucked.

Tomorrow I'm going to roll some biscuits to sop up some stew with. Might even bake them in my dutch oven over charcoals for a little of that smoky aroma.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:13 PM 03-07-2020
This thread got me inspired for my wife's birthday. Whipped up some shrimp tacos. Fresh made mango pico and southwest slaw underneath.

Not pictured are some serious margaritas I made. Getting a heavy buzz off two. Two more to go hopefully.

Not quite as fancy in presentation, but deliriously delicious all the same. [aka, how I spent my Saturday]

Sous vide angus chuck, sliced thin and dry rubbed with fajita spices, then cast iron seared with onion and green pepper.
Cilantro lime rice
queso blanco
romaine
pico de gallo
chunky gauc
ghost pepper salsa

Arnold Palmer off to the left, there.
Attached: 20200307_140223 (2).jpg (92.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Pablo 07:16 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not quite as fancy in presentation, but deliriously delicious all the same.

Sous vide angus chuck, sliced thin and dry rubbed with fajita spices, then cast iron seared with onion and green pepper.
Cilantro lime rice
queso blanco
romaine
pico de gallo
chunky gauc
ghost pepper salsa
Would smash also. You use Mrs. Renfros salsa? I need to buy a spicy ass salsa next time I'm at the store.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:31 PM 03-07-2020
I’d bang those tacos.
[Reply]
Page 970 of 1207
« First < 470870920960966967968969970 97197297397498010201070 > Last »
Up