ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 963 of 1203
« First < 463863913953959960961962963 96496596696797310131063 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 08:55 PM 01-29-2020
Pablo doesn't mess around its one good looking meal after another.
[Reply]
scho63 01:41 AM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How the hell did you UNCOOK all those veggies and chicken? Amazing! :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:52 PM 02-08-2020
Wanted to celebrate like Andy, so I sought out the best rated cheeseburger in the city. It was like eating butter flavored beef fat. Going to lay down now.

[Reply]
Mennonite 01:55 PM 02-08-2020
^I'm gonna need to hear a little more about this burger.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:17 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
^I'm gonna need to hear a little more about this burger.
James Beard award winning pastry chef with a burger on the menu. I've never eaten a burger this rich, it was almost overwhelming by the last couple bites. Certainly wouldn't eat it on the reg, or maybe ever again.

Originally Posted by :
It's pretty small by America's Lipitor-busting standards, maybe six or seven ounces tops, but every element of Mindy Segal's gourmet cheeseburger sings. The Heartland Farms beef, ground in-house every day, is so loose and flavorful it sizzles on your tongue for a moment, then promptly melts. The Carr Valley aged Cheddar is sharp and pleasantly tangy; the Gunter Farms bacon, uncannily crisp. Heck, even the house-made garlic bun is breathtaking. The whole juicy package makes me wonder if Segal—an accomplished pastry chef—missed her calling as an upscale burger slinger.

The beef comes from Heartland Meats, based in downstate Mendota(IL), where they raise a Piedmontese breed known for producing a lean and tender meat, without hormones or animal byproducts. When possible Steur picks up two cuts—which ones remain a secret—from their booth at the Green City Market in Lincoln Park. He says it took him awhile to find the right ratio.

And though Hot Chocolate's official cheese recommendation is the Widmar cheddar from Carr Valley, Wisconsin, you can order any one of the cheeses from their artisan list. Currently offered: Ursinus Gouda, Otentique, Mary's Peak, Pennslyvania Noble cave-aged cheddar, Grand Cu Gruyere (Lefiles says a buddy always has the burger with this), Grayson, Bridget's Abbey, Red Hawk, Black Ledge Blue, Ader Kase Reserve, Roxanne (from Prairie Fruits Farm & Creamery in Champaign), and roasted garlic chevre—all selected from around the country.

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:28 PM 02-08-2020
Did my first ever carnitas last night, holy crap it’s good

2.5 pound pork butt heavily rubbed down with Mexican oregano, cumin and black pepper, then baked in OJ in a covered pan... shredded it when done then crisped it up on the stove

Topped with pico, cilantro and the last of the Super Bowl queso

Stuffed my gut hard, then did it again for lunch today... mmmm
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:40 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
James Beard award winning pastry chef with a burger on the menu. I've never eaten a burger this rich, it was almost overwhelming by the last couple bites. Certainly wouldn't eat it on the reg, or maybe ever again.

Damn, that sounds good.

Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Did my first ever carnitas last night, holy crap it’s good

2.5 pound pork butt heavily rubbed down with Mexican oregano, cumin and black pepper, then baked in OJ in a covered pan... shredded it when done then crisped it up on the stove

Topped with pico, cilantro and the last of the Super Bowl queso

Stuffed my gut hard, then did it again for lunch today... mmmm
Love carnitas. I usually put the pork on a burrito shell along with some bacon, grated sharp cheddar cheese, and some ranch dressing.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:12 PM 02-09-2020

I also made carnitas this weekend. And all the fixins(pico, corn salsa, fajita veggies, beans) to do knockoff Chipotle at home. Decided to do some sheet pan nachos this afternoon and they were an absolute hit. Will do again.

[Reply]
Easy 6 12:18 PM 02-09-2020
Beautiful nachos :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 12:29 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Beautiful nachos :-)
Thanks man. Crushed them and now I'm gonna try to crush a nap, hoping the little dude goes down for 2+ hours so I can do the same.
[Reply]
Sorce 05:20 PM 02-09-2020
Not dinner but I made some lemoncello. Wife wanted to make fresh lemonade for the super bowl so I figured I might try to make some.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pablo 06:49 PM 02-09-2020
Gumbo for dinner.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:47 PM 02-11-2020
Ok, I did a Sous Vide brisket. Well a 3rd of one at least (it have to fit into my 6qt pressure cooker / air fryer / Sous Vide machine).. So I didn't do a 3-hour smoke like some show/recommend (but I probably will next time), so no smoke ring, but who cares? (not me!!!!!) Simply put, it's the most tender and delicious brisket I've ever made. 48 hours in the water (with some spices in the bag), then I added more rub, then onto the side burner for blackening.

As with all Sous Vide, it looks like crap coming out of the water, but after you do a char, oh my God...

Wow, just wow.

[Reply]
Sorce 04:54 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Ok, I did a Sous Vide brisket. Well a 3rd of one at least (it have to fit into my 6qt pressure cooker / air fryer / Sous Vide machine).. So I didn't do a 3-hour smoke like some show/recommend (but I probably will next time), so no smoke ring, but who cares? (not me!!!!!) Simply put, it's the most tender and delicious brisket I've ever made. 48 hours in the water (with some spices in the bag), then I added more rub, then onto the side burner for blackening.

As with all Sous Vide, it looks like crap coming out of the water, but after you do a char, oh my God...

Wow, just wow.

EDIT: Sorry the pics didn't upload in the proper order, but I'm sure you can figure it out...

How was the bark with a quick sear? Was there liquid smoke in the bag or no smoke flavor?

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:25 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
How was the bark with a quick sear? Was there liquid smoke in the bag or no smoke flavor?

The bard was great. The meat is so moist that it really doesn't chunk-up.

And yes, liquid smoke and some salt/pepper/paprika in the bag.

My neighbor just had some and went on Amazon and ordered a Sous Vide setup. Ha, he's ready to do it..

Next time I'm going to try this method, or as much of it as I can since my 6qt machine just can't hold that large a piece of meat. Nor do I have that flame machine.

[Reply]
Page 963 of 1203
« First < 463863913953959960961962963 96496596696797310131063 > Last »
Up