ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ryan Leaf trivia
Rain Man 06:08 PM 12-05-2008
DaFace and I were just talking football, and we looked something up and remembered this little fact.

Not only was Ryan Leaf a colossal bust with the #2 pick in the draft, but San Diego traded up to get him. The Cardinals held the #2 slot and the Chargers held the #3 spot. To move up one spot in the first round, the Chargers gave the Cardinals...

the #3 pick in the first round in 1998 (Andre Wadsworth)
their first-round pick the next year (#8 - David Boston)
their second-round pick in 1998 (#33 - Corey Chavous)
kick returner Eric Metcalf
linebacker Patrick Sapp

I didn't remember that the Chargers traded into that spot. Ouch.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:52 PM 05-22-2020

According to jail records, Ryan Leaf was booked for domestic battery in Palm Springs, Calif., with bail set at $5K. pic.twitter.com/OURFReenBE

— theScore (@theScore) May 23, 2020

[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:54 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
DaFace and I were just talking football, and we looked something up and remembered this little fact.

Not only was Ryan Leaf a colossal bust with the #2 pick in the draft, but San Diego traded up to get him. The Cardinals held the #2 slot and the Chargers held the #3 spot. To move up one spot in the first round, the Chargers gave the Cardinals...

the #3 pick in the first round in 1998 (Andre Wadsworth)
their first-round pick the next year (#8 - David Boston)
their second-round pick in 1998 (#33 - Corey Chavous)
kick returner Eric Metcalf
linebacker Patrick Sapp

I didn't remember that the Chargers traded into that spot. Ouch.
Doesn't matter, like 2 years later they drafted LaDanian Tomlinson and Drew Brees in the same draft, then signed David Boston as a free agent (who was a colossal bust himself).
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:57 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
"Don't you EVER hide my Vicodin from me again, BITCH!!"
[Reply]
Jenson71 11:02 PM 05-22-2020
Sad news. Just read something about him seeming to have turned things around.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:38 PM 05-22-2020
The Chiefs broke him at Arrowhead- Leaf never recovered.

DT still haunts him.
[Reply]
Bump 11:53 PM 05-22-2020
Anyone remember his 1-15, 4 yd performance with 4 fumbles and 2 ints vs us in 1998? That was a doozy.

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:54 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Chiefs broke him at Arrowhead- Leaf never recovered.

DT still haunts him.
I remember that game vividly. He came in 2-0 and talking smack about how Arrowhead was “just another stadium” then proceed to complete like 4 passes and 5 INTs. Don’t remember the exact numbers but he had more completions to Chiefs than he did to Chargers. Shortly thereafter he had the famous locker room outburst and that was a wrap on his career.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:41 AM 05-23-2020
I figure the fact that he had a brain tumor might have led to some of his struggles in life.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:08 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Doesn't matter, like 2 years later they drafted LaDanian Tomlinson and Drew Brees in the same draft, then signed David Boston as a free agent (who was a colossal bust himself).
Regarding Boston - When he signed with the Chargers as a UFA he was roided to the maximum capacity, however, he only appeared as a "bust" because Drew Brees sucked at that time. Every throw was two yards behind him.

I watched the whole thing.:-)

Brees couldn't beat out Flutie his first 2 years. Then management forced him in, gave him Boston and he still sucked.

Brees sucked so bad the Chargers had the 1st pick in the draft, then ShEli refused to play for the Chargers, hence the trade for Rivers.

Once Rivers was on board Brees decided to become one of the greatest QBs of his era.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:23 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I remember that game vividly. He came in 2-0 and talking smack about how Arrowhead was “just another stadium” then proceed to complete like 4 passes and 5 INTs. Don’t remember the exact numbers but he had more completions to Chiefs than he did to Chargers. Shortly thereafter he had the famous locker room outburst and that was a wrap on his career.
I remember it.

I will say one positive thing. Leafs arm was incredible. The equal of Mahomes. He just could not hit anything.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:34 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I remember it.

I will say one positive thing. Leafs arm was incredible. The equal of Mahomes. He just could not hit anything.
Leaf was larger with less mobility, oh yeah, he had a brain tumor.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 06:05 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
If he wants to prove himself worthy of being drafted ahead of Peyton Manning, he sure has a funny way of showing it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:35 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
Anyone remember his 1-15, 4 yd performance with 4 fumbles and 2 ints vs us in 1998? That was a doozy.

I was there so yeah. Fun times.

Did Berman really say too much shake & bake by Dale Carter? From the guy who pimped Primetime Deion.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:52 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Once Rivers was on board Brees decided to become one of the greatest QBs of his era.
It’s crazy how much a shitty organization can hold you down. It definitely shows there’s more than just talent to a great QB. Makes you wonder if Rivers might have actually won something with a better system around him
[Reply]
crispystl 09:58 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Leaf was larger with less mobility, oh yeah, he had a brain tumor.

That was honestly my biggest takeaway from that. I forgot he had that kind of cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up