ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bengals looking to trade John Ross
Dante84 12:52 PM 02-26-2019

Sources tell me the Cincinnati Bengals are hoping to trade receiver John Ross and will field offers during the combine. We'll have more tonight during our podcast.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) February 26, 2019

Wonder what the asking price is?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:18 AM 10-20-2020
I’m not sure I’d do anything for him. Completely undependable. At best, a 2 year vet min deal as a reclamation project if he’s cut.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:33 AM 10-20-2020
Then you cut Pringle...eh
[Reply]
Dante84 09:33 AM 10-20-2020
Yeah, I'm with those of you who'd entertain a player swap. I don't think they need cap relief at all, so I don't see a pressing need for the Bengals to trade him unless they get something worth their while in return.

Darwin - not sure if they have a need at RB with Mixon & Bernard.
RSJ - 1 snap (I think?) probably isn't enticing enough to the Bengals.
Reiter - I don't know that we'd do that since we are thin on OL already, but I'm personally ready to move on from him. Bengals O-Line is garbage, so perhaps that might get it done from their end.
Dorian O'Daniel - Hasn't seen a ton of playing time or flashed the way we want him to, perhaps he'd be a candidate.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 10-20-2020
Give them RSJ, Reiter, and DOD for Ross and Billy Price.
[Reply]
Shoes 09:39 AM 10-20-2020
Intriguing player for the offense but I don't see a fit right now- struggling to give touches to Hardman right now, I see Ross as a very similar player.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:13 AM 10-20-2020
Nah..Chiefs just got a rental WR in Bell.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:21 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That seems really useless to me. Why wouldn't they just keep the guys they have?

If he was free, that's one thing. You could probably get a comparable WR with that late-round pick at this point.

Ross is pretty broken.
I assume you've played sports, correct?

Absolutely nothing -- nothing -- makes a defender more miserable than defending someone who's faster than you.

Ross has world class speed, and no he can't make his own plays. But we can scheme stuff for him much like we did De'Anthony Thomas.

Right now, we have Mecole Hardman as our new DAT role guy. But Ross absolutely can fill that role.

He can create space with his speed alone that Robinson and Pringle can't.

And if we can't squeeze anything out of him, let him walk and, ostensibly, lose at worst a 2022 7th rounder.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:34 AM 10-20-2020
I'll give them a 5 for Ross and Price, 2 guys drafted by the previous regime that have fallen out of favor.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:36 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's not going to get a bunch of playing time here. If he wants to come here and get 1 or 2 targets a game, more power to him.
Then why were there confirmed rumors from dependable sources citing the Chiefs wanting Ruggs?

And no I don’t think that was smoke. I think that was real interest.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:38 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Then why were there confirmed rumors from dependable sources citing the Chiefs wanting Ruggs?

I think the Chiefs are always interested in speed guys.
[Reply]
Cosmos 11:13 AM 10-20-2020
It was good to see Darwin get a few successful carries last night....because everyone did, and the trade deadline...

I’m totally confused with what our line did last night...That was the best inside play I’ve seen since LDT was healthy.

Thompson for a OL, LB or #2 TE.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:17 AM 10-20-2020
He's injury prone AND he sucks. He also isnt as fast in pads as you'd think with his speed.

Hard no.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Ruggs >>> John Ross.

The dude is fast in shorts and flat out broken in pads.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:26 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I assume you've played sports, correct?

Absolutely nothing -- nothing -- makes a defender more miserable than defending someone who's faster than you.

Ross has world class speed, and no he can't make his own plays. But we can scheme stuff for him much like we did De'Anthony Thomas.

Right now, we have Mecole Hardman as our new DAT role guy. But Ross absolutely can fill that role.

He can create space with his speed alone that Robinson and Pringle can't.

And if we can't squeeze anything out of him, let him walk and, ostensibly, lose at worst a 2022 7th rounder.
He wouldn't even get on the field this year. That's the issue. Trading anything for him now is a complete waste of draft capital.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:56 AM 10-21-2020
Really not sure if I would trade anything for him... I mean there's just a lot there to digest and having had a shoulder injury twice is the biggest concern. He's missed far more games due to just riding the pine than he has being injured though. I'd much rather consider picking him up for pennies when/if he's cut and if he clears waivers. He isn't going to get on the field much, which doesn't solve the issue already but it would give you a good look at him as an option for next year. He has been productive when he's actually been on the field.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up