ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 213 of 268
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:34 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Taking in just $4.3m on Thursday made sense, because of the weather. Only bumping up to $6.5m on Friday is another story. This movie had a huge drop from week one to week two. It had a better week three, but now it's in the toilet.

Going full SJW, promoting Grrl Power! instead of a good storyline, and shitting all over what people loved best about the original trilogy has not been wise strategy. Who could have seen that coming?
Not Disney.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rian-johnso...-wars-trilogy/

It's obvious Disney isn't interfering enough over there.

Disney needs to shit can kathleen kennedy and get a new Direction going over star wars with thought out story plots that make sense.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:35 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Not Disney.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rian-johnso...-wars-trilogy/

It's obvious Disney isn't interfering enough over there.

Disney needs to shit can kathleen kennedy and get a new Direction going over star wars with thought out story plots that make sense.
Naw. It makes more sense to just hire writers and directors and let them do their own thing. They shouldn’t be burdened with what past directors have come up with. Who needs the Force and Jedis and Sith anyway?
[Reply]
okcchief 09:43 AM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Has there ever been a worse or more deceiving logline?

Which "age-old mysteries of The Force" were "unlocked"? Neither Luke nor Yoda provided a sliver of new information about The Force.

What "shocking revelations of the past" were revealed?

Snoke? Nope
The Knights of Ren? Nope
Rey's birth parents? Nope
Finn's origins? Nope

Hmmm that sounds better than what we got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:25 AM 01-07-2018
I can't believe that ANYONE is excited about Horn Rims contributing writing and/or directing the final installment of this latest trilogy.
That man's time in the creative sun has long since come and gone. And at this point, I would declare his "buddy" Kevin Smith to be his writing/directing superior.

No, I am NOT fucking kidding.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:26 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I can't believe that ANYONE is excited about Horn Rims contributing writing and/or directing the final installment of this latest trilogy.
That man's time in the creative sun has long since come and gone. And at this point, I would declare his "buddy" Kevin Smith to be his writing/directing superior.

No, I am NOT fucking kidding.
Well, Tarantino is supposedly mulling over penning a Star Trek movie, maybe he can do a Star Wars one too? I'm sure the Disney folks would be completely ecstatic to push a Tarantino film with their backing? :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:17 PM 01-07-2018
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain.../#fcb449b42ee2

'Last Jedi' Has Set Its First Box Office Record: Biggest Ever Sequel-To-Sequel Plunge

X-Men: First Class. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Jurassic Park: The Lost World. Ice Age: Collision Course. Transformers: The Last Knight.

These movies are among the biggest losers in Hollywood history, record holders for global box office mediocrity. They were all sequel films that made hundreds of millions of dollars less in worldwide theatrical revenue than their immediate predecessors in their respective franchises.

But now, one sequel rules them all.

That sequel is Disney/Lucasfilm’s current release Star Wars: The Last Jedi. With China now clearly a huge bust for the picture, $1.4 billion in global receipts is a pipe dream, and even $1.3 billion might be a stretch. Which means Episode VIII: The Last Jedi will earn at least $700 million less in global box office revenue, and probably closer to $800 million less, than the $2.07 billion total of Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story may have immediately preceded Last Jedi, but it is properly classified as a spin-off, not a sequel, so I didn't include it in this analysis). That’s easily a $100 million bigger drop than the previous record holder, Transformers: The Last Knight, which collected $609 million less than Transformers 4's 2014 total of $1.1 billion. The Last Jedi is the new all-time champion of sequel collapses.

The Last Jedi’s apologists have claimed that it’s natural and proper that the film would earn less than The Force Awakens, that this is how things always go with big sequels. But that’s simply not true. Among the nearly 100 major studio sequels I reviewed, 57 percent earned more than their predecessor. Even including the 43 percent of films that earned less than their predecessor, the average sequel earned $83 million more than the film immediately before it in the franchise. If franchise sequels always made less than their preceding pictures, the Hollywood studios would have been out of the sequel game a long time ago.

The apologists also claim that $1.2 or $1.3 billion is a huge total, and that on that point alone, The Last Jedi must be deemed a big success. I can’t deny that $1.3 billion is a lot of money, but the argument is nevertheless still fallacious in my opinion. It’s as if Disney invested a huge amount of money to get Albert Pujols in his prime, and after a 47 home run season, the next year he hit 28. Sure, you could argue that for most players, 28 home runs would be great. But for Albert Pujols in his prime, it stinks. Disney didn’t pay hundreds of millions for production costs and marketing to make a movie that will earn nearly 40 percent less than its predecessor.

[Reply]
Sorter 01:19 PM 01-07-2018
Just saw it.

This movie was not enjoyable.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:31 PM 01-07-2018
You'll be in line opening night for Solo.

1.2 billion.

And climbing.
[Reply]
Sorter 01:38 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

1.2 billion.

And climbing.
Why?

I don't recall being in line opening night for any film.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:42 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

1.2 billion.

And climbing.
It will be the 1st star wars film I won't see opening night since ROTJ.

TLJ was that bad.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 09:43 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain.../#fcb449b42ee2

'Last Jedi' Has Set Its First Box Office Record: Biggest Ever Sequel-To-Sequel Plunge

X-Men: First Class. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Jurassic Park: The Lost World. Ice Age: Collision Course. Transformers: The Last Knight.

These movies are among the biggest losers in Hollywood history, record holders for global box office mediocrity. They were all sequel films that made hundreds of millions of dollars less in worldwide theatrical revenue than their immediate predecessors in their respective franchises.

But now, one sequel rules them all.

That sequel is Disney/Lucasfilm’s current release Star Wars: The Last Jedi. With China now clearly a huge bust for the picture, $1.4 billion in global receipts is a pipe dream, and even $1.3 billion might be a stretch. Which means Episode VIII: The Last Jedi will earn at least $700 million less in global box office revenue, and probably closer to $800 million less, than the $2.07 billion total of Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story may have immediately preceded Last Jedi, but it is properly classified as a spin-off, not a sequel, so I didn't include it in this analysis). That’s easily a $100 million bigger drop than the previous record holder, Transformers: The Last Knight, which collected $609 million less than Transformers 4's 2014 total of $1.1 billion. The Last Jedi is the new all-time champion of sequel collapses.

The Last Jedi’s apologists have claimed that it’s natural and proper that the film would earn less than The Force Awakens, that this is how things always go with big sequels. But that’s simply not true. Among the nearly 100 major studio sequels I reviewed, 57 percent earned more than their predecessor. Even including the 43 percent of films that earned less than their predecessor, the average sequel earned $83 million more than the film immediately before it in the franchise. If franchise sequels always made less than their preceding pictures, the Hollywood studios would have been out of the sequel game a long time ago.

The apologists also claim that $1.2 or $1.3 billion is a huge total, and that on that point alone, The Last Jedi must be deemed a big success. I can’t deny that $1.3 billion is a lot of money, but the argument is nevertheless still fallacious in my opinion. It’s as if Disney invested a huge amount of money to get Albert Pujols in his prime, and after a 47 home run season, the next year he hit 28. Sure, you could argue that for most players, 28 home runs would be great. But for Albert Pujols in his prime, it stinks. Disney didn’t pay hundreds of millions for production costs and marketing to make a movie that will earn nearly 40 percent less than its predecessor.

Thank you for this post dane best birthday present ever.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:56 PM 01-07-2018
Thank you for this post dane best birthday present ever.
Oh for fuck's sake...

Your birthdays must really, really suck.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:04 PM 01-07-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Oh for ****'s sake...

Your birthdays must really, really suck.
did you see the chiefs play yesterday ?

that goes with out saying.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:08 PM 01-07-2018
did you see the chiefs play yesterday ?

that goes with out saying.
FUCK no.

I don't watch Alex Smith attempt to play football.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:28 PM 01-08-2018
It was just...bad. Jokes felt so forced, almost as like they were trying to be Marvel-esque. We didn't learn jack shit about the Force. Just more stuff Disney can turn into plush toys to sell to kids. Kylo Ren is insufferable. His character is a crybaby, bitch. He's supposed to be a badass with all this raw power yet he throws tantrums like a 6 year old?
[Reply]
Page 213 of 268
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263 > Last »
Up