ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Halloween season, what movie you currently watching or always watch or will watch
CarlosCarson27 08:42 PM 10-23-2020
Funny, Scarry, dumb, old,. New. Just any October horror flicks

Right now on TCM is the Blob. With Steve McQeen.1958

And after that ,1959.. THE TINGLER, with Vincent Price. Dun dun dunnnn
[Reply]
lcarus 08:18 PM 10-28-2020
The original Fright Night is a great movie. Has to be one of my favorites.

I always really enjoyed Ghoulies II. The first Ghoulies movie was pretty bleh, Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go to College is absurdly dumb, and Ghoulies IV is so downright shitty it's almost good. But Ghoulies II is pretty decent. And the Critters series is good. Especially the first one.

Something about the Ghoulies movies when I was a kid had me intrigued. How the hell can a horror-loving kid in the 80s walk through a video store, see this VHS box art and not want to check it out?

[Reply]
Frazod 09:42 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
For the title "Vertigo" to be important, using heights and a tower for the death scene had to come into play. That part isn't the best scenario and Stewart being afraid of heights is all a bit much. However, what I like is Jimmy Stewart when following Kim at the art gallery and all around San Francisco, the scenery and being back in the 50's, the cars, the Golden Gate Bridge, it's just a beautiful film. Then he does his transformation of her in the later part after they meets again. It is a bit creepy but so is Psycho and a lot of psychological thrillers. It wasn't my favorite the first time, but watch it a couple of times and it will grow.
My problem was with the crime itself. The wife would have almost have to have been dead long enough for blood to start settling, causing bruises which would be inconsistent with death from a fall. Also, a dead body wouldn't bleed when hitting the ground like a live one. Unless the killer bought off everybody who examined the body afterward, which wasn't indicated, it seems unlikely that nobody would have noticed these things.

I guess I've watched too many procedural crime shows. :-)
[Reply]
Monkey God 10:41 PM 10-28-2020
Two must watches every year are "Halloween" the original and "Night Of The Living Dead". Both classics for me. I also like to throw in "Creepshow" and "The Twilight Zone"
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:20 AM 10-29-2020
Just watched Would You Rather. I recommend watching it, I think better than Saw but what an Effed up game it is.
[Reply]
Stryker 01:29 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The Soundtrack is on Amazon Prime unlimited

And there’s currently a decent copy of the movie on YouTube
Watched it last night purchased Stand Up and Trick or Treat for my iPod.

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:48 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My problem was with the crime itself. The wife would have almost have to have been dead long enough for blood to start settling, causing bruises which would be inconsistent with death from a fall. Also, a dead body wouldn't bleed when hitting the ground like a live one. Unless the killer bought off everybody who examined the body afterward, which wasn't indicated, it seems unlikely that nobody would have noticed these things.

I guess I've watched too many procedural crime shows. :-)
We have on ID channel all day and record all the good shows at night, my wife and I are both hooked on the true crime shows. For thriller movies you have to suspend belief and go with the flow. My two favorite recent crime thrillers were The Girl on the Train and Gone Girl, and both of those are ridiculous if picked you them apart.

It's like the commercial that's on TV all the time, the girl said "Let's get in the running car", then guy said "Are you crazy, let's hide behind the chain saws", the other girl said "smart".
[Reply]
Stryker 08:59 PM 10-29-2020
Just watched Bone Tomahawk - I give it a solid 5 Do not waste your time.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:01 PM 10-29-2020
Watched Friday the 13th reboot 2009 - solid 8
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:05 PM 10-29-2020
I’m watching the Nightmare on Elm Street marathon on SYFY channel.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:25 AM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Haha. I watched part of those the other day. Part 4 and 5. They haven’t aged well.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:32 AM 10-30-2020
I have the complete collection including Freddy Vs Jason and I have complete Friday the 13th collection including Jason goes to Hell and Jason X

I love all of them but I think Jason in Freddy Vs Jason is the best of all Jason Voorhees and kicks major ass.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 05:36 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Watched Friday the 13th reboot 2009 - solid 8
Interesting,i know a lot of fans either love it or hate it.I like it pretty well,although i find most of the characters to be unlikeable,but i guess that makes it better when they get offed.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 05:40 PM 10-30-2020
I like that series a lot,although i really didnt like the remake very much,compared to some other horror movie remakes.

Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I have the complete collection including Freddy Vs Jason and I have complete Friday the 13th collection including Jason goes to Hell and Jason X

I love all of them but I think Jason in Freddy Vs Jason is the best of all Jason Voorhees and kicks major ass.
Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X are probably my least favorites of the series,i usually don't ever rewatch them.But i agree about Jason In FvJ,i like that movie quite a bit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:09 PM 10-30-2020
Just now halfway through the original Halloween, such a classic... the terrors it produced in me as a kid are tough to over state

I'd be looking for that sucker around every corner at all times... is he behind the shower curtain that was just checked 10 minutes ago? When's the last time you checked behind the couch!:-)?
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:40 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just now halfway through the original Halloween, such a classic... the terrors it produced in me as a kid are tough to over state

I'd be looking for that sucker around every corner at all times... is he behind the shower curtain that was just checked 10 minutes ago? When's the last time you checked behind the couch!:-)?
The Halloween series is one that I love watching through this time of the year. Like you, those movies scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. It didn't matter how many times you checked under the bed, or closet...Michael Myers could always STILL be there.

We watched the remake of Poltergeist last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still didn't have the same creepiness I felt when I watched the original as a kid.

I've been trying to find a place to pick up the movie Trick R Treat, and haven't had any luck. Tried a movie/record/cbd oil store last night that I've never been to, and ended up scoring a blue ray copy of the directors cut of Blade Runner and all the Halloween movies for 15 bucks, so the night ended up pretty good.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up