ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>This offensive line can runblock.
Direckshun 12:56 PM 09-15-2020
So GamePass is being a jerk and not making the All 22 available as of yesterday (haven’t checked back today).

But look at this Baldinger analysis of Clyde’s first game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRFxf3-kAc&t=207s (I’m on my phone.)

Look at that OL. The blocking was superb all game, except on JJ Watt.

It’s pretty fascinating to me the impact a single guard can make. Osemele has added a level of physicality that the entire line has adopted. Wylie looked solid. Reiter looked solid. Fisher and Schwartz were moving bodies. But Kelechi was straight up blowing holes open and the entire line seemed to respond. Why does one guard make the entire line better? Seems crazy but here we are.

Some of that, it must be said, is Clyde, who has Jamaal’s ability to slip through cracks as if they’re wide open holes.

What do you guys see from the offensive line against the Texans?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:03 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Our oline looks way better than anticipated
With Mahomes getting rid of the ball as quick as he was and having a running back that can get through holes PDQ...this elevates the ability of the oline. I'm impressed with them, but it's a whole team symphony going on out there, led by the maybe greatest conductor to play the game.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:14 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Manning was truly a "hitch your wagon to him and win 12 games" every year type of QB. He had good players around him, but it didn't matter how good. They were just gonna win that many and be right there every year.

Manning’s my GOAT currently, all things considered. He’s got a great mix of talent, peak, stats and wins.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:35 PM 09-15-2020
KO is quite a LG.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:42 PM 09-15-2020
[QUOTE=DJ's left nut;15170360]I think Steve Young is the most underrated QB in NFL history and prior to Mahomes

I totally agree and preach this all the time. Young is criminally underrated.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:46 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That wasn't Culpepper. That monster season was with Randall Cunningham at the controls.

I have no idea who they had at TE that year.

The one that's truly bonkers is that damn year the Broncos killed EVERYONE and then got wrecked by Seattle in the Super Bowl.

WTF was that? Look at the shit Manning turned into gold.

Damarius Thomas, Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, concussed Welker. They set a scoring record with Knowshon Moreno.

That really should be argument #1 (and maybe the only one necessary) anytime someone has a GOAT conversation. "Oh yeah - Manning set every scoring record imagineable w/ Eric !@#$ing Decker and Knowshown Moreno as primary weapons..."

John Fox was his head coach. Ryan Clady didn't even play that season - his line was rags, man.

How did he do that?!?!
I know Brady has more rings, but growing up watching both of them I always thought Manning was the more talented of the two by far. Just simply going by the eye test Manning would call audibles and make throws that leapt off the screen.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:49 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Manning was truly a "hitch your wagon to him and win 12 games" every year type of QB. He had good players around him, but it didn't matter how good. They were just gonna win that many and be right there every year.
Knowing you had to play them that week was extremely frustrating. You knew Manning was just going to slowly and methodically kick your defense's asses up and down the field over and over and there wasn't anything you could do except watch. Ughh...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:55 PM 09-15-2020
Broncos killed EVERYONE and then got wrecked by Seattle in the Super Bowl.WTF was that?
Manning admitted as much that he didn't prepare as much for Seattle like he should have because all the film he watched of them was just a base defense. He said he didn't see much to prepare for. And now looking back he said that not only did he not realize just how talented Seattle's defensive players were but even moreso just how much more physical they were than Denver. They were not prepared for that and got hit with an early Left hook and never recovered. Manning had never faced a defense like Seattle all year which was an indirect set up psychologically when you have been destroying defenses all year.

You can say the same about Newton when he faced Denver in the Super Bowl. Newton never faced a defense like Denver all year. Some argue that he did in Seattle and AZ BUT those defense's were severely beat up when they met. Phillips realized very quickly Newton couldn't read a defense and adjust and Cam was "dear in the headlights" the whole game with so many different looks coming at him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:05 PM 09-15-2020
Osemele is a huge upgrade.

Why is it so big an improvement?

Well, we're 20% better. Five man line, one spot had been a giant gaping bleeding vagina.

Now that spot is a strength.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:21 PM 09-15-2020
[QUOTE=crispystl420;15170771]
I think Steve Young is the most underrated QB in NFL history and prior to Mahomes

I totally agree and preach this all the time. Young is criminally underrated.
The 49ers were criminally over rated at the end of Steve Young's career. Yeah they still had Rice, but without Young and without playing in a weak division, they were probably a 8-8 type team at best.

Great QBs can hid problems, but Young allowed the 49ers to really stay in denial. Of course that was also about when the salary cap was really starting to bite SF and Dallas.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:32 PM 09-15-2020
No question.

But purely as a thrower, he still has a step to take. And I think he's gotten there as a processor because of the incredible strides he made last year, but he'll prove it for sure this year.

That's what made Warner so amazing as well - dude's touch (even when he was throwing those wounded ducks half the time) was supernatural and he seemingly NEVER missed the open guy. He knew who would break open and when it would happen. Guy was a maestro. Mahomes is getting there (may be there) in terms of his feel for the offense, but he doesn't have quite the touch on his passes yet.

But like you said - there's no ceiling on the kid. He could be everything that every great QB in this league ever was. Brady's ability to process in a maelstrom, Manning pre-snap reads, Young's mobility inside the pocket and ability to get necessary yards with his feet, Marino's raw arm strength, Elways fire, Montana's calm, Favre's joy, Rodgers ability to improvise, Brees's precision, Unitas's leadership. Then package it with Jordan's psychotic competitive streak and need to push himself.

I mean literally - take the greatest strength of every one of the top 10 passers of all time and tell me there's a single one of those areas where Mahomes cannot meet or exceed them.

It's just....not human. He's so !@#$ing gifted man, it makes me shake my head. I don't even know what to say about the kid at this point. This kind of guy shouldn't exist.
Time will tell I guess. The thing that always struck me about him while he was at Tech was the amazingly positive personality. This is not the sarcastic and arrogant Rodgers, even if they have similar talent. Patrick was always extremely positive about his teammates and you could tell he was a great leader. Never threw anyone under the bus even though he had every right to do so.

His leadership ability didn't show up much on the win sheet in college, but we are starting to see it in the NFL. I think that should give you an idea of just how bad our roster and coaching was at Tech (still is THAT damn terrible to be honest...lol). Pat would lead the hell out of his guys, lift them up, and get them to compete hard in games that should have been blowouts in the first 5-10 minutes. Now that he's surrounded by excellent coaches and teammates, his leadership is starting to pay off in a big way.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:45 PM 09-15-2020
Somebody else probably has mentioned it but our OL got their ass handed to them in goal line though.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:49 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Except when we are inside the 5 yard line...
he should have been in
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:50 PM 09-15-2020
He could be everything that every great QB in this league ever was. Brady's ability to process in a maelstrom, Manning pre-snap reads, Young's mobility inside the pocket and ability to get necessary yards with his feet, Marino's raw arm strength, Elways fire, Montana's calm, Favre's joy, Rodgers ability to improvise, Brees's precision, Unitas's leadership. Then package it with Jordan's psychotic competitive streak and need to push himself.

I mean literally - take the greatest strength of every one of the top 10 passers of all time and tell me there's a single one of those areas where Mahomes cannot meet or exceed them.

It's just....not human. He's so !@#$ing gifted man, it makes me shake my head. I don't even know what to say about the kid at this point. This kind of guy shouldn't exist.
This is the thing that I keep coming back to and just shake my head.

With every QB I've ever watched in nearly 40 years, there's always been some weakness, even with the greatest of them, whether it be Montana, Elway, Marino, Favre, Brady, etc. No matter how good they were, there was always something I could point to and say, "but then there's that." With Montana is was his fragility. With Elway it was his lack of touch. Favre's recklessness. Marino's lack of mobility, ditto Manning and Brady, and so on. There's always been some chink in the armor that was exploitable by the defense.

With Mahomes I just can't find a weakness. All the while breaking all the rules of QBing. And that just shouldn't be possible. It's like watching some kind of real life superhero play QB in the NFL and exposing his super-powers for all the world to see.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:00 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Somebody else probably has mentioned it but our OL got their ass handed to them in goal line though.
That's going to happen. It's a lot easier to go-charge than it is to effectively block a go-charge.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:01 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That's going to happen. It's a lot easier to go-charge than it is to effectively block a go-charge.
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up