Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:33 AM 08-23-2020
So there actually was a Snyder cut?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:55 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They announced it was coming months ago, but I don't believe so.

There's been talks that they're going to re-shoot some of the movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:56 AM 08-23-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
There was never a “Snyder Cut” because he wasn’t even close to finishing the movie when he left the project due to his daughter’s suicide.

HBO Max, as part of their gimmick to attract new subscribers, has funded Snyder up to $40 million to complete his edit and VFX in his version of the film, which will only be available on HBO MAX (supposedly).
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:00 PM 08-24-2020
I'll definitely watch the Snyder version of JL.

The Ultimate version of BvS was a much better flick than the theatrical version.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:12 PM 10-21-2020
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ague-exclusive

Jared Leto to Play Joker in Zack Snyder's 'Justice League'

Zack Snyder’s new Justice League cut is getting some killer laughs.

Jared Leto, who played classic DC villain The Joker in 2016’s Suicide Squad, has joined the reshoots for the “Snyder Cut,” the filmmaker’s definitive version of the 2017 superhero movie he was forced to exit and he never saw through completion, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The project, officially titled Zack Snyder's Justice League, is being overseen by HBO Max, which is financing the new round of shooting and the completion of the many unfinished scenes, and will air as a four-episode event series next year.

Shooting is currently underway with Ben Affleck, Ray Fisher, and Amber Heard among those involved on top of Leto. It is unclear which other actors are involved.

Even as the shoot rolls ahead, two producers who were involved with the theatrical movie are quietly moving to the side. Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, then-studio executives who oversaw the movie and the reshoot by Joss Whedon that was meant to salvage the failed movie, will not be receiving producer credits on the Snyder Cut, sources say. Sources close to Berg and Johns have confirmed the duo’s intention to remove their names from the Snyder Cut since they did not work on this version and are no longer studio executives. The sources also say the move pays respect to Snyder’s creative vision and the additional photography shoot.

It is unclear when Berg's and Johns' segue began. One source said the move began months ago and is unconnected to comments made by Fisher, the actor who played Cyborg in the movie and who has for months accused the two of enabling abuse and misconduct by Whedon on the set of the 2017 reshoots. After vocal and public outbursts on social media even as late as September, Fisher has been less incendiary and posting less frequently. Leto boarding the Snyder Cut is noteworthy as the character did not appear in the original 2017 movie and raises questions as to how much new content could be included in Snyder’s super-version of Justice League.

It also ties the new cut to Suicide Squad, the all-star DC-based movie that saw Margot Robbie break out as fan-favorite character Harley Quinn and which saw Leto portray Joker as a love-obsessed and glittery crime lord. The picture was exec produced by Snyder and his wife and partner, Deborah Snyder and was meant to tie into an overall DC Cinematic Universe that Snyder had been shepherding.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:46 PM 10-21-2020
Interesting that he wants to tie in so closely with Suicide Squad?

Did Snyder even have much to do with that movie?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:49 PM 10-21-2020
Warners originally announced they'd spent up to $25 million for the Snyder Cut but I reported $40 million, because that's what I was told.

Now, the budget has topped $75 million and they may go as high as $100 million.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:08 PM 10-23-2020
https://collider.com/justice-league-...o-deathstroke/

‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Reshoots Add Joe Manganiello’s Deathstroke

Earlier this week, THR reported that reshoots are currently under way, with Ben Affleck, Ray Fisher and Amber Heard back as Batman, Cyborg and Mera, and Jared Leto slated to return as The Joker from Suicide Squad. Meanwhile, Henry Cavill‘s Superman and Gal Gadot‘s Wonder Woman were noticeably absent from the report, and Cavill has explicitly told Collider that he won’t be shooting anything new for the four-hour HBO Max series.

Manganiello is a different story, however. Deathstroke, aka Slade Wilson, appeared in a post-credits scene in 2017’s Justice League that saw him recruited by Jesse Eisenberg‘s Lex Luthor. Back in May, when the so-called “Snyder Cut” was first officially announced, Manganiello promised his fans on Instagram that it would include “the original post credit scene.” While one could interpret that as, “there was footage left on the cutting room floor,” our source explicitly said that Manganiello will be returning to the set for additional shooting.

A representative for HBO Max did not confirm Manganiello’s return, though our source sent a photo of the actor on Twitch this week, and he appears to be sporting a short, white blonde haircut, which just so happens to be Deathstroke’s signature look. Unless the actor is dressing up as Deathstroke for Halloween, it’s unlikely he’d be rocking that look unless he was reporting back to the new-and-improved Justice League set. A representative for the actor did not respond to a request for comment.

Collider actually had a chance to speak with Manganiello recently, and when asked to address a potential return as Deathstroke, the actor said “If I was a part of it, that wouldn’t be my place to announce that. That would be Zack’s place. So, whether or not that’s happening, that is an answer that is below my NDA level, or whatever you wanna call it.”

Meanwhile, Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be comprised of four hour-long episodes, so not only will it incorporate unused footage, but Snyder is shooting new footage strictly for the HBO Max series. For example, Leto will be reprising his DCEU role from Suicide Squad and shoot new material as The Joker, who was referenced in Justice League but never appeared in the actual film. Manganiello recently starred opposite Malin Akerman in the Netflix movie The Sleepover, and he’ll soon be seen in a pair of indie films that he also produced — Archenemy and Shoplifters of the World. Click here to watch the trailer for Archenemy, which looks pretty cool.

For more on Zack Snyder’s Justice League, click here to check out a number of new images featuring Darkseid, and click here for a taste of the new Junkie XL score.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:50 PM 10-23-2020
At $40 million this seemed like a smart move, but $100 million? On a per episode basis that puts it up with the most expensive TV shows ever produced, and I'm not even sure average people understand it's not just a director's cut.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:37 PM 10-24-2020
DCU and WB just completely dropped the ball on all of this from day 1.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:47 PM 10-24-2020
I don't care what the haters think Justice League is probably my favorite Super Hero movie but even though I despised B V S. Justice League was fun and the Flash ran away with it. I loved the Superman revival and pretty much kicking the Justice League ass like he would and the Batman bringing in the big guns Superman's greatest weakness not kryptonite , but Lois Lane.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:47 AM 02-14-2021
Full trailer drop. March 18th

[Reply]
Bowser 09:54 AM 02-14-2021
Well, it looks almost like an entirely different movie. We'll see how different it ends up being, or if this trailer is just like the trailer for The Last Jedi before it came out - looks fucking amazing yet was just a turd with lipstick on it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:55 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Full trailer drop. March 18th

Looks like a completely different movie. This looks like it'll be visually stunning if anything. Hope it's pretty good.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:04 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Looks like a completely different movie. This looks like it'll be visually stunning if anything. Hope it's pretty good.
Considering the absolute miracle Snyder performed on BvS, I'm hopeful he can perform another miracle on JL.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 50
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up