ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 735 of 3903
« First < 235635685725731732733734735 73673773873974578583512351735 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:22 AM 03-25-2020

No matter what happens next, let’s all agree to never be this dick pic.twitter.com/CdnCnGwg9T

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) March 25, 2020

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:23 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What in the actual fuck?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:23 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's the way all clinical trials work.
It depends. If there is something where placebo would lead to demise, it's a violation to offer it only-- in cases of oncology trials, there is always an active comparator.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:24 AM 03-25-2020
Here is some good news

Originally Posted by :
In a rare bit of good news from Gov. Andrew Cuomo Wednesday press conference, he said there is some evidence that the social distancing measures taken by New York residents are working. To demonstrate, he pointed to projections of how many hospital beds will be needed in the state to treat patients. As of Sunday, he said, the projection was hospitalizations would double every two days. But on money, the projection shifted, with doubling expected every 3.4 days. The trend continued Tuesday as doubling expected every 4.7 days.

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:29 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here is some good news
That is the best news!

Every additional day reduces the overall deaths by a huge factor.

That’s how you cut hospitalizations and deaths literally in half.
[Reply]
carlos3652 11:29 AM 03-25-2020
FYI. My family members in Argentina just told me that the country is in lockdown and arresting people in public. Buenos Aires Roads are closed with military and airport is shut down. No one can be outside their homes without proper credentials.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:31 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
FYI. My family members in Argentina just told me that the country is in lockdown and arresting people in public. Buenos Aires Roads are closed with military and airport is shut down. No one can be outside their homes without proper credentials.
If only they had Dr. Vlad
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:31 AM 03-25-2020
Are these proactive measures to keep it from getting out of control or reactive because it already is?

Either way, hoping for the best for the family...and everyone else that lives there.
[Reply]
carlos3652 11:38 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Are these proactive measures to keep it from getting out of control or reactive because it already is?

Either way, hoping for the best for the family...and everyone else that lives there.
Proactive at this point. 387 cases 8 deaths so far.

2500 people have been arrested so far and they are planning on putting more restrictions today.
[Reply]
carlos3652 11:39 AM 03-25-2020
I’m sure if we look closely - there are many more countries in more restrict lock down that are being reported. It’s not just us, we aren’t enforcing them at that length.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:39 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
You remember the other day you got bitchy at me for asking you questions, because I was behind the curve. Due to a buddy of mine killing himself.

Well he killed himself because he sank his entire life savings into starting a business. Around $750,000 or so, he was still getting it off the ground, when everything started happening.

So you need to shut the **** up about “exaggerating” bullshit, because what DJ said is a very real thing. Just because you live a sheltered life and make it obvious that you have very little real world experience. Doesn’t mean people out there aren’t killing themselves, or will do it. So it’s obviously the case and you don’t know it.
Sorry about your friend. That sucks!

That said I think you misunderstood my post. I'm in favor of practicing social distance which is what our President, most Governors and the best medical professionals in the world have recommended. DJ clearly thinks he knows better than those people and I think that's ridiculous. Not only is this country practicing it but most of the world is as well.

I'm pretty sure if, overall, not practicing social distance would save lives those same experts would advocate that instead.

Add to that I don't think not practicing social distancing it is going to stop people from killing themselves. If we weren't practicing it this virus would be spreading like crazy and more people would die. Not exactly good for people's mental health. Businesses would still struggle because most people wouldn't want to go out due to how bad the virus would be spreading. So the economy would still suck. How bad it would suck is anyone's guess but it definitely would not be good.

When I said exaggerating I meant DJ is acting like the people who are killing themselves would not be doing the same thing if we were not practicing social distancing and I think that's a huge stretch and frankly there's no way to know.

Originally Posted by kcxiv:
that one who sucks the penis is acting like alot of people have ****ing choices to save up that kind of money before they move, that some sheltered bullshit talk there! lol

Anyways, sorry about your buddy man! That sucks! condolences :-)
That is not what I meant at all. I just meant that we will get through this and it is always good to prepare for the worst. Is it going to suck? Yes but in the end I think financially most Americans will bounce back from this in a big way.
[Reply]
F150 11:41 AM 03-25-2020
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/b...rus-drugs.html

More Virus fun. With this stuff watch the pharmacies jack the price sky high
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:47 AM 03-25-2020
Proactive at this point. 387 cases 8 deaths so far.

2500 people have been arrested so far and they are planning on putting more restrictions today.
Will be interesting to see how effective that is, I'm not aware of another country that has taken that aggressive of an approach. Would love to hear updates if you don't mind.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03-25-2020, 11:53 AM
This message has been deleted by DJ's left nut. Reason: dupe
DJ's left nut 03-25-2020, 11:53 AM
This message has been deleted by DJ's left nut. Reason: dupe
DJ's left nut 11:57 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Sorry about your friend. That sucks!

That said I think you misunderstood my post. I'm in favor of practicing social distance which is what our President, most Governors and the best medical professionals in the world have recommended. DJ clearly thinks he knows better than those people and I think that's ridiculous. Not only is this country practicing it but most of the world is as well.

I'm pretty sure if, overall, not practicing social distance would save lives those same experts would advocate that instead.

Add to that I don't think not practicing social distancing it is going to stop people from killing themselves. If we weren't practicing it this virus would be spreading like crazy and more people would die. Not exactly good for people's mental health. Businesses would still struggle because most people wouldn't want to go out due to how bad the virus would be spreading. So the economy would still suck. How bad it would suck is anyone's guess but it definitely would not be good.

When I said exaggerating I meant DJ is acting like the people who are killing themselves would not be doing the same thing if we were not practicing social distancing and I think that's a huge stretch and frankly there's no way to know.

That is not what I meant at all. I just meant that we will get through this and it is always good to prepare for the worst. Is it going to suck? Yes but in the end I think financially most Americans will bounce back from this in a big way.
I do enjoy it when you're incapable of speaking directly to the points I've made so instead substitute your own wildly divergent arguments in their place.

That's okay - you've made your point clear. Mac's friends death is irrelevant and shouldn't be considered in determining policy decision. He was just going to kill himself anyway. He was just looking for an excuse.

Keep on back-pedaling, sweetheart. Obviously considering mental health outcomes in the face of a global financial catastrophe is just putting dollars ahead of lives.
[Reply]
Donger 11:57 AM 03-25-2020
61,000 cases
[Reply]
Page 735 of 3903
« First < 235635685725731732733734735 73673773873974578583512351735 > Last »
Up