ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 68
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
Mecca 04:26 PM 02-03-2021
Dude there are veterans on the Texans telling Watson not to come back, don't get stuck here.

The fact that a bunch of guys are pissed should end the Watson is a crybaby stuff. JJ Watt is a super standup guy and he doesn't wanna be there.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:27 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
The team told him he'd have input. They also said Easterby wouldnt have that much influence when it came to football decisions. So....
It seems like the straw that broke the camels back. And if imagine a huge reason Watson wanted input is because he knows how ****ed up the culture is and didn't want it to continue. More of the same means more spying, more awkward Easterby pep talks, more cutting of players based on fitting the culture vs talent.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:32 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
The team told him he'd have input. They also said Easterby wouldnt have that much influence when it came to football decisions. So....
I get that but unless he is completely blind to what is going on in that organization he has no excuse.

Everyone that follows the NFL knew the Texans were on a bad path for the foreseeable future
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:38 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I get that but unless he is completely blind to what is going on in that organization he has no excuse.

Everyone that follows the NFL knew the Texans were on a bad path for the foreseeable future
Personnel is one thing. Culture is another. We all know all too well about how toxic Piolis culture was. Would you blame anyone for not wanting to be a part of that?
[Reply]
kcclone 04:42 PM 02-03-2021
It would be a shame if Watson wasted all his talent withering on the vine in Houston.

Same might be true for Burrow. He needs to tell Cincy they have 2 more years to get their act together or he’s out.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:56 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
It would be a shame if Watson wasted all his talent withering on the vine in Houston.

Same might be true for Burrow. He needs to tell Cincy they have 2 more years to get their act together or he’s out.
Eh, his situation gets much better once they give him an OL which they undoubtedly will. I guess the only issue left is zac taylor who did a good job with burrow, but seems a bit out of his league as a coach. At worst it seems like purgatory vs a shit show.
[Reply]
-King- 05:05 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:

There's a difference between a bad team and what's going on in Houston at the moment. How was he supposed to know last year that it would be like this this year? Especially when they had told him Easterby wouldnt be involved.

And at the end of the day, most people aren't turning down $110 million guaranteed. That's just unrealistic.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:17 PM 02-03-2021
By the way, getting rid of Watson doesn't set a bad precedent. The bad precedent is that shitty owners can pretty much do whatever they want without accountability. First Washington, now Houston. All McNair has to do is fire Easterby and a whole lot of these problems go away.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:24 PM 02-03-2021
Mascara Carr is a hot commodity, yet Watson sits idly by. Carr have PT Barnam as his agent?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:29 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s fucking dead you moron.
This board at it's football knowledge peak :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:32 PM 02-03-2021
I don't really care about Watson going to Oakland. My only concern would be that the NFL will get a hard on pumping up the Rams and raiders to death because of their markets. This nfl playoff was great and a huge part of that is how well small market teams did.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:36 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s fucking dead you moron.
Cross him off the list then.
[Reply]
kcclone 05:44 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Eh, his situation gets much better once they give him an OL which they undoubtedly will. I guess the only issue left is zac taylor who did a good job with burrow, but seems a bit out of his league as a coach. At worst it seems like purgatory vs a shit show.
Prior to last year’s draft Cincy only had 2 full time scouts. Kansas City has over 30.

Their facilities are a joke within the NFL also (pretty certain they do not have an indoor practice facility)

That is an indication that they’re poorly run, IMO.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:47 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
When you get 110 mil guaranteed and have never coached, schemed at a professional level, or grinded through 20 hour days and you're 25 you should keep your front-office opinions to your self. Fucking learn something for once instead of acting entitled...The texans' hire is a football lifer that comes out of the Andy Reid coaching tree. He's not some jabroni corporate yes-man. Watson could develop as a player under that coach but instead he wants to be a woke millennial. Shits going to backfire.
So much wrong in this post. If he has issues he should just shut up and deal with it? Would you be as loyal a soldier if you were in that spot with your employer? The only difference is the NFL is a monopoly so only place he can take his services is to another team. If they didn't like how he was carrying himself they could cut him even if they just signed him to a major contract. This goes both ways.

Culley is not some career coordinator that has never had a HC job. He is a career positions coach. No one believed in him enough to offer him an offensive coordinator position. When was the last time a position coach made the jump immediately to HC without coordinator time first and succeeded? Reid maybe?
[Reply]
mkp785 06:29 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I disagree. Culley's had to deal with princesses like Terrel Owens. He's perfect for Deshaun Watson.
Watson is an upstanding citizen according to reports. No issues unless you have a link? I think the price is too high, but still a good dude, great in the community, no jail time, no beating wives/girlfriends etc and great teammate. Checks all the boxes....unless you like your players to not have any spine.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 68
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up