ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 818 of 2691
« First < 318718768808814815816817818 81982082182282886891813181818 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:27 AM 07-13-2018
Our defense is going to surprise some people I think.

My thought process on this is we can now stay in our BASE PACKAGE much more with Hitchens/Ragland

This will allows for our OLB's to not in coverage as much, add in Eric Berry for covering TE's. And well......... Justin Houston can get out of coverage and start rushing the passer more.

Sure our secondary took a hit, but with improved pass rush due to more opportunity to rush in the BASE PACKAGE we should see more 3rd and longs this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:35 AM 07-13-2018
I doubt Ragland is in on Nickel I think that's what O'Daniel was drafted for.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:48 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I doubt Ragland is in on Nickel I think that's what O'Daniel was drafted for.
I can agree to a extent, but here is where I think you are wrong. I believe in Nickel Ragland will be used as a "Go-Dog" rusher. He had a ton of Experience in college rushing the passer.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:02 AM 07-13-2018
Pass rush will help our secondary but is there a reason to think it will be better? Until we see it on the field it's weak.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:08 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Pass rush will help our secondary but is there a reason to think it will be better? Until we see it on the field it's weak.
Mahomes will coach the pass rushers throughout camp. Chill.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:10 AM 07-13-2018
Somebody young will have to step up and be a bad ass for us to get better on defense. Rookie or second year guy. I doubt it will come from Ford.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:13 AM 07-13-2018
Zombo started 11 games last year. We had literally nothing behind him.

This year Ford is in a contract tear, Tanoh has had a year to learn and is ready to play and we used our first draft pick on Speaks, who Veach is really high on.

On paper we look better but we’ll see
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:52 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Zombo started 11 games last year. We had literally nothing behind him.

This year Ford is in a contract tear, Tanoh has had a year to learn and is ready to play and we used our first draft pick on Speaks, who Veach is really high on.

On paper we look better but we’ll see
All three of them HAVE to be better than Zombo. Have to be.

I think if they get creative with alignment and packaging, our pass rush could be very formidable. We'll see in camp who stands out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:32 AM 07-13-2018
Addition by subtraction, dude.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:07 AM 07-13-2018
It's frustrating as all hell to deal with, then he listens to sports radio and basically bitches that "everyone expects to much of Mahomes, he's not going to be that good"
Please tell your friend that the internet is laughing at him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:27 AM 07-13-2018
I know a guy who on draft night in 2017 was so furious at our pick of Mahomes that he said, "I'm done watching football for awhile." I checked in with him recently to see if he's changed his tune, and nope... he said he watched one Chiefs game last year.

He honestly believes we fucked up big time by not drafting Deshaun Watson. He still believes it.

There are all kinds of kooks out there. But that's another benefit of drafting our 1st round QB-- we can finally expose these weirdos now that the Chiefs are actually serious about playing football with the big boys.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:42 AM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I know a guy who on draft night in 2017 was so furious at our pick of Mahomes that he said, "I'm done watching football for awhile." I checked in with him recently to see if he's changed his tune, and nope... he said he watched one Chiefs game last year.

He honestly believes we ****ed up big time by not drafting Deshaun Watson. He still believes it.

There are all kinds of kooks out there. But that's another benefit of drafting our 1st round QB-- we can finally expose these weirdos now that the Chiefs are actually serious about playing football with the big boys.
Exposing the idiots is exactly what I want Mahomes to do.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:57 AM 07-13-2018
Oh my other favorite argument "how many big 12 QBs have been worth a shit?"
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:20 PM 07-13-2018
Oh my other favorite argument "how many big 12 QBs have been worth a shit?"
I always respond to that with pointing out that Big 12 offenses are designed so that you can pretty much insert any dickweed at QB and he'll put up big numbers. If the guy has any kind of accuracy in his arm, he'll end up great.

There has never been a Big 12 prospect with a combination of the athletic traits, accuracy, smarts, pedigree, and work ethic like Patrick Mahomes. Name any Big 12 QB to get drafted prior to Mahomes and you should be able to point out that guy's shortcomings.

Also, how many Big 12 QBs have looked like impressive guys because of their stats, wins, and ALSO their excellent throwing motions and footwork? A bunch of flak gets put on Mahomes because he supposedly doesn't know how to play QB the right way, but I'd argue it's his "bad technique" like across-the-body throws, backfoot throws, awkward throwing motion at times even when he has his feet set, etc. that will actually help him to break the mold. If all other qualities about him as an athlete, former baseball player, work ethic, etc. were still in place, but he had amazing "pure" technique as a passer, I don't think he'd be as effective. I think his improvisatory "wow" plays would be dramatically reduced, and I don't even know if I would be as confident as I am right now that he'll succeed as an NFL QB.

Michael Jordan changed the game of basketball forever because kids would watch him play and try to copy and mold their games after him. I can see a player like Stef Curry and his 3-ball doing the same thing.

I think if Mahomes is capable of achieving what I think he's capable of doing, we're going to see a new generation of college and pro QBs in about 10-15 years who are much more about making impossible plays and throws at the expense of fundamental technique. I think Mahomes could change how an entire generation watches and appreciates the game of football. Again, that's something you usually see in basketball. Mahomes is going to do that for football.

Okay, that's my homer boner post for the day.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:25 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

I think Mahomes could change how an entire generation watches and appreciates the game of football. Again, that's something you usually see in basketball. Mahomes is going to do that for football.
John Elway says Bro I already did that.
[Reply]
Page 818 of 2691
« First < 318718768808814815816817818 81982082182282886891813181818 > Last »
Up