ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 295
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:31 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-) @ "Far Faster".

I don't give a damn what he timed. When you watch him play, he's not playing at sub 4.4 speed.

And CEH is quicker and shiftier inside a box, which is a far more necessary trait in the NFL, especially when it comes to short yardage situations and making guys miss in open space.

Taylor won't even be the next RB off the board. And i like Taylor.
Yes a 4.38 is far faster than a 4.60.

Taylor can wear down a defense, he breaks tackles, and he can out run DB's. Watch what happens this season.

[Reply]
srvy 01:32 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like the pick of an RB but its retarded for value. You could have traded down to middle to late 2nd round and still got this guy.

It is my belief hes the best RB for our system outside of Swift but that doesn't mean you disregard value. Nobody else wanted this guy until at least pick 47.
No there was good intelligence that the Colts wanted to take him at 34.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:32 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:

Taylor can wear down a defense, he breaks tackles, and he can out run DB's. Watch what happens this season.
Have you even taken the time to watch CEH? You’re just rattling off measurables.

Kareem ran like a 4.65. Who GAF.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:35 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Thankfully the franchise tag number for RBs is manageable. And if this offseason is any indication, a 3-year deal is the new 5-year deal.

Getting waaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves here, but if Clyde is special enough to warrant that higher pricetag of a 5th year option, it might be worth it to just extend him anyway.
Yep, this has always been my rationalization.

If a player demonstrates that's he's a solid, if not spectacular player after Year 3, lock him up for three more years at minimum. Don't wait until the end of Year 4 or 5.

I think if Chris Jones had shown he was the same dominant player in his rookie and second seasons, he'd have been locked up a while ago but unfortunately, he did not.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:35 PM 04-24-2020

Yeah you suck at this.

Again, PLAY SPEED. Speed in pads. Not in tights.

His game speed isn't special. When he's running down that field he's not a sub 4.4 guy. IDGAF what he timed in shorts.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:38 PM 04-24-2020

CEH isn't a 4.6 guy. I already explained that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:38 PM 04-24-2020

You're going to have to do better than a highlight package of him blowing up the likes of Kent State, Central Michigan and S. Florida.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:39 PM 04-24-2020
Behind an O-line that is either decimated by injuries or simply bad, I'd want CEH in the backfield over just about any other RB in the draft. Really, it's not difficult at all to watch film and see why the Chiefs chose him over the rest.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:39 PM 04-24-2020
You're going to have to do better than a highlight package of him blowing up the likes of Kent State, Central Michigan and S. Florida.
Great point. CEH was already playing in the NFL.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:39 PM 04-24-2020
Yeah you suck at this.

Again, PLAY SPEED. Speed in pads. Not in tights.

His game speed isn't special. When he's running down that field he's not a sub 4.4 guy. IDGAF what he timed in shorts.
What are you watching guy, yes his playing speed is special. As is his 60 td's and over 6000 yards rushing.

Why go with a less productive, smaller, slower RB if you plan on spending a first round pick?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:39 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Really, it's not difficult at all to watch film and see why the Chiefs chose him over the rest.
It is for Ubeja.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:41 PM 04-24-2020
What are you watching guy
What are YOU watching? :-).

Ok, go ahead and explain to us why Veach and Reid chose CEH over this can't miss, star prospect in Taylor. Why did Mahomes want him over Taylor?

Go. Explain to us all why he's still on the board.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:42 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
CEH isn't a 4.6 guy. I already explained that.
Sorry but it just doesn't work that way, the guy runs a 4.60. Taylor a 4.38.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:44 PM 04-24-2020
Sorry but it just doesn't work that way, the guy runs a 4.60. Taylor a 4.38.
And that matters because?

I guess you think Veach and Reid don't take into consideration speed when drafting players?

Is that what you're going to go with? That they just overlooked that guy and his blazing, game breaking speed because they don't know how to evaluate fast guys? They just didn't do their homework on Taylor or something?

:-)
[Reply]
notorious 01:45 PM 04-24-2020

[Reply]
Page 43 of 295
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up