ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 33
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins sounds like he [might] play.
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:14 AM 01-24-2021

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 24, 2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 11:06 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It was reported as not being a significant injury four weeks ago.

"the belief is" in other words an assumption. Obviously this has proven to be incorrect unless you really think he decided to give up $1.25MM for a minor injury. Regardless of severity its bad enough he obviously isn't able to play unless you think he just doesn't want to be out there which is absurd.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:09 AM 01-26-2021
Silver lining is that Veach got a pretty good indication of what this team is without Sammy Watkins, especially during the playoffs. Didn't seem to miss a beat without him. Hoping Sammy plays as he is a great complimentary weapon but I'm not holding my breath.
[Reply]
dls6501 11:12 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
"the belief is" in other words an assumption. Obviously this has proven to be incorrect unless you really think he decided to give up $1.25MM for a minor injury. Regardless of severity its bad enough he obviously isn't able to play unless you think he just doesn't want to be out there which is absurd.
I think you are missing the point here.

I dont believe people are saying that he is choosing to not play. Its that he still cannot play after an injury that was deemed minor by everyone involvedI am sure he would play if he could. But him not being able to play this many weeks later from an injury that was reported to only have him out 1 game at most is the issue you are missing here.
[Reply]
Toad 11:13 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think extending Fisher would actually help us. Veach could approach this deal as “hey you’re not gonna play most of next season, maybe not any of it, so let’s extend you and lower your cap hit in the season you’re hurt so we can have money to use in other areas.”

That would be completely fair
That would definitely be fair and I like the idea of incentives you mentioned In your prior post.

Wondering what the history is on recovery timelines for OL achilles? Would he have solid chance of being on the field for playoffs next year?
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:22 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Silver lining is that Veach got a pretty good indication of what this team is without Sammy Watkins, especially during the playoffs. Didn't seem to miss a beat without him. Hoping Sammy plays as he is a great complimentary weapon but I'm not holding my breath.
I fully expect to see Veach take a WR in the first 2 rounds. When in doubt, always get MW4P
[Reply]
In58men 11:24 AM 01-26-2021
EPSN reporting Watkins and Bell are expected to play.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:25 AM 01-26-2021
Sammy lost $1.25MM by not playing Sunday, I have no idea where anyone gets the idea its a minor injury.
As ive been saying all week, i think this calf injury is a lower calf injury and they worry playing on it can lead to an Achilles tear.

I said it wildcard weekend, but i dont expect Sammy back till the SB, and even then it'll be tentative.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:25 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
EPSN reporting Watkins and Bell are expected to play.
They're guessing based off the fact that Watkins got in a full week of practice and now gets another two weeks to rest.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:31 AM 01-26-2021
This injury is clearly more than let on, Watkins was known for pushing through when he shouldnt have in previous years. Much respect to the true lizard king, i hope hes healthy for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:39 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Cole Beasley played with a broken fibula while Sammy couldn't get himself back on the field after 4 weeks of recovery from a minor calf strain.

And the Chiefs have barely missed him.
If your calf is injured, you're not going to be effective anyway. Not sure why people would prefer him over another healthy player.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:40 AM 01-26-2021
Sammy lost $1.25MM by not playing Sunday, I have no idea where anyone gets the idea its a minor injury.

Dude cant stay healthy that's not debatable but making unfounded claims like this are just silly when its costing the player millions of $ in incentives.
Exactly.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:40 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If your calf is injured, you're not going to be effective anyway. Not sure why people would prefer him over another healthy player.
Yep - I enjoyed watching Byron Pringle doing work on Sunday. Dude was a beast blocking for guys.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01-26-2021, 12:02 PM
This message has been deleted by Dunerdr. Reason: accidental double post. i deserve to die in an aids fire
Marcellus 03:10 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by dls6501:
I think you are missing the point here.

I dont believe people are saying that he is choosing to not play. Its that he still cannot play after an injury that was deemed minor by everyone involvedI am sure he would play if he could. But him not being able to play this many weeks later from an injury that was reported to only have him out 1 game at most is the issue you are missing here.
No the actual point is the injury is clearly not minor as originally thought.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:15 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Done with the Watkins.
He must have been drinking from Erik Berrys glass.

Pringle is young and developing.
I will rely on him.
Watkins is unreliable.
Sammy Watkins/Age
27 years
June 14, 1993

Byron Pringle/Age
27 years
November 17, 1993
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:20 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Sammy Watkins/Age
27 years
June 14, 1993

Byron Pringle/Age
27 years
November 17, 1993
Yep - Byron was 24 when he left K-State....early, I might add. He had another year of eligibility left.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 33
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up