Page 188 of 298
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:39 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Though I totally agree that Sutton needs to go, do you think our defensive woes run deeper? I am not talking just talent, I am talking positional coaches. If guys are routinely struggling lining up correctly, blowing coverages, missing assignments, at all levels, where is the coaching?! Not only does Sutton need to go, but the entire defensive staff IMO.

when it's the end of the season and guys clearly don't have any idea where to line up or what their responsibilities are, then yes, it's on the entire coaching staff.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:43 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
when it's the end of the season and guys clearly don't have any idea where to line up or what their responsibilities are, then yes, it's on the entire coaching staff.
I mean... this is bad. Really, really, really bad.

Watch Eric Berry furiously - and I mean FURIOUSLY - get the rest of his secondary lined up correctly on this play. It’s almost like, when he’s not on the field, they don’t know what they’re doing. pic.twitter.com/DHB7ajOkI4

— Nate Bukaty (@nate_bukaty) December 14, 2018

[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:44 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

EXACTLY. Look, football is NOT rocket science. You have to cover YOUR man, whether it is switching off or simple "man-coverage".

That last play on the 2-pt conversion tells me all I need to know. Coaching, Coaching, Coaching, and Coaching. PERIOD, end of story.

No discipline - no accountability.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:54 AM 12-14-2018
he hasn't been fired yet?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:54 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

They still scored.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:57 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Last night was your Playoff Preview. Shitty D and late game Andy O.
In before, "like with keeping to the pitch count instead of trying to win the division with a stop in the last 3 minutes, they're not showing their cards"!!!!
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:57 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
he hasn't been fired yet?
LoL. Indy, Titans and now this. Dude is made of teflon.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:58 AM 12-14-2018
Does Sutton have pictures of Andy and Clark blowing each other?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:01 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
:-)

A lot of people care about our QB! :-)
Last night, after he got home and had some time to think, he might have just realized that getting a Chiefs tattoo might not be the smartest career play right now.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:05 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
They think Hill and Mahomes are cool a flashy. That’s where the love begins and ends.
They will look good in L.A., and we all know the NFL will do almost anything to shore-up that re-experiment. Maybe with the Vegas Raiders?

And I'm only half-joking. I'm sure these guys will say all the right things in front of the cameras, but you know thoughts of, "Can I get a SB here, with this coach, with this D?" are making their way into their brains.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Thank you for coming around. I know it's not much and may even be meaningless, but it sets right with me when more of the long time and knowledgeable posters start seeing the light( DJ, where you at? ).
Would you like me to point you in the direction of the several post I've authored that said I agree that it's time for a change?

I don't care if they fire Sutton - there's cause for it.

Literally the only thing I've argued is the justification for it and with the underlying premise that he's some kind of drooling retard. He's not, but he's simply too...I dunno...austere? There's no 'there' there. And he's lost his charges on account of it. He simply isn't getting through to them. I belive it was Htismaq that said it or maybe he responded to it, but someone said the issue is no longer blame but rather responsibility. The ultimate success or failure of the defense rests with him and it's not being successful.

I will say that the defense looked completely different with Berry out there. Yes, it's a coaching failure that literally nobody on that field seems to know what they're doing when he isn't out there, but it still suggests that a healthy Berry could get us into the post-season as the 1 seed still. They win that game if he 'feels right' (seriously, what the fuck was that all about? I could play but my gut said no? Jesus, Berry - you're really turning into a flake).

But even with EB, we will get eviscerated since we no longer have the one truly dynamic CB we had on this team. But still....
[Reply]
KCFTW 10:09 AM 12-14-2018
Hard to believe that the talent is the main problem when for 3 quarters they can play well but in the 4th totally melt down...time and time again
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:10 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
They still scored.
Of course they scored. None of the players even after lining up in a new spot look confident at all whatsoever that they're in the right place.

And if they're lined up in the wrong place, hard to believe they fully understand their responsibilities even if lined up correctly.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:12 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Almost?

And c'mon, they watch the tape and adjust. The NFL will then rescore the game, and we win. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:24 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Does Sutton have pictures of Andy and Clark blowing each other?
LOL, but I doubt it. Remember, Clark and Andy want to corner the market on being remembered as the guys who stuck with their people, even if it means never getting the enterprise's annual goal.

Andy's safe, Clark is rich beyond his wildest dreams, that's all you need to know when it comes to why Bob is still here.

By the way, there's always next year, please by your season tix soon...
[Reply]
Page 188 of 298
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Up