ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Griddles
Fire Me Boy! 11:12 AM 07-31-2018
Anyone have one of these outdoor (or indoor, I don't care how you use it) griddles like the Blackstone? Basically, it's a propane fired steel griddle in various sizes - I have a 36". If you've ever been to a hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you, basically one of those.

This is a place for sharing. What do you have, what do you like to cook on it?

I broke mine in this weekend with some fried rice, KC strip, and mixed veggies. It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good.

I'm thinking about doing some smashburgers this weekend, or maybe a big breakfast - bacon, french toast, hash browns.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:40 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
Unless you're cooking for 20, what's the point of this thing?
Cause we’re in America and we like to eat a lot.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:42 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Cause we’re in America and we like to eat a lot.
That's right starvin Marvin. Appetizer. It's what you eat, before you eat, to make you more hungry.
[Reply]
Donger 02:46 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
You can do hibachi at home with this thing.
I don't like Mexican food.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:49 PM 08-02-2018
Not yet. Saw one on Amazon.

Blackstone Signature Griddle Accessories - 36 Inch Grill and Griddle Cover - Heavy Duty 600 D Polyester - Black (Fits Similar Sized Barbecue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RHG45S..._lN2yBbCF813A4

This one looks alright.
I still recommend going with the Covermates Ultima.

It's about $100 for the right size but holy crap they're amazing. I've had the one on smoker for probably 6-7 years in direct sunlight and elements all season. Worst I've seen is some fading and that's not even the ultima.

The ultima has the dyed poly so it shouldn't even fade and with the double seams and everything it's just damn near indestructable. I really like 'em but they are definitely on the pricier side.

I got the 60 inch model to give plenty of clearance for the side tables; you could maybe get away sizing down one but it didn't seem worth the 7 bucks to find out:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006P56IGE...ing=UTF8&psc=1
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:50 PM 08-02-2018
I don't like Mexican food.

Hibachi is Japanese.
[Reply]
Donger 02:53 PM 08-02-2018
Hibachi is Japanese.
:-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:57 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I still recommend going with the Covermates Ultima.

It's about $100 for the right size but holy crap they're amazing. I've had the one on smoker for probably 6-7 years in direct sunlight and elements all season. Worst I've seen is some fading and that's not even the ultima.

The ultima has the dyed poly so it shouldn't even fade and with the double seams and everything it's just damn near indestructable. I really like 'em but they are definitely on the pricier side.
I’d try it but it’s $100 and most of the griddle will be under my roof anyways. At least out of the rain.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:26 PM 08-02-2018
Nice.
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:37 PM 08-03-2018
How many times did you season it when you first started. I went through three cycles about 45 minutes total.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:41 PM 08-03-2018
How many times did you season it when you first started. I went through three cycles about 45 minutes total.
I started with three.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:45 PM 08-03-2018
I think just once. Then I cooked in oil for the next couple of uses and seasoned after every cleaning. It really seasons itself on the fly pretty well
[Reply]
ILChief 09:01 AM 08-04-2018
Did you get a cover or anything? Would suggest you set something on the griddle to prop up the cover, especially when it rains. Found out yesterday the cover isn't especially waterproof, and water will pool in the griddle unless there's something creating a runoff slope.
I have this problem as well. I think I'm going to spray the inside of the cover with Flex seal
[Reply]
In58men 09:04 AM 08-04-2018
Unless you're cooking for 20, what's the point of this thing?
They carry a two burner griddle which is smaller.
[Reply]
srvy 01:04 PM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I have this problem as well. I think I'm going to spray the inside of the cover with Flex seal
Dont know if I would do that. It needs to breath a little so moisture doesnt condensate underneath.
[Reply]
Dunit35 01:17 PM 08-04-2018
Grilling up some chicken fajitas tonight. Fried rice tomorrow night.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up