ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 364 of 934
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368374414464864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:14 PM 06-17-2020
I still say people should have a solid mix of Roth and traditional. Too many things are hard to predict over multiple decades to go 100% one way.

My state could remove income tax later, or we could end up in FL or TX because the kids/grandkids moved there, or health reasons.

Federal taxes seem like they should go up but it seemed that way after the stimulus during the GFC and trillion dollars deficits that ensued yet nearly a decade later we went back to trilly deficits and lowered taxes. Japan's got nearly twice our debt to GDP with negative rates so clearly we can keep going for a long time possibly. The Fed just created 3 trillion at the Treasury's behest and the long end didn't even budge.. and that's at the lowest rate it's ever been in history. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:24 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's what this thread used to be. Now it's just wallstreetbets.
A good balance of investing and speculation is fine. It’s what makes it interesting for a thread.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:41 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I still say people should have a solid mix of Roth and traditional. Too many things are hard to predict over multiple decades to go 100% one way.

My state could remove income tax later, or we could end up in FL or TX because the kids/grandkids moved there, or health reasons.

Federal taxes seem like they should go up but it seemed that way after the stimulus during the GFC and trillion dollars deficits that ensued yet nearly a decade later we went back to trilly deficits and lowered taxes. Japan's got nearly twice our debt to GDP with negative rates so clearly we can keep going for a long time possibly. The Fed just created 3 trillion at the Treasury's behest and the long end didn't even budge.. and that's at the lowest rate it's ever been in history. :-)
Sound thinking here.

I won’t bust on a guy for going the traditional route because the big thing is it is I a fund.

If someone is putting money away, I’m happy.

I have some in both. Part of it is my Cabela’s 401 was traditional and I didn’t want to fuck with basis so I left it traditional.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:32 AM 06-19-2020
Would be nice for the market to gain some traction today.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:14 AM 06-19-2020
Nothing has run all week for me. Everyone scared to buy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:24 AM 06-19-2020
FWIW Harley Davidson is getting booted off the S&P 500.

I probably wouldn’t own those shares.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:25 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Nothing has run all week for me. Everyone scared to buy.
I bought a couple SPACs (OPES FMCI) last week and they ran pretty well but they've leveled off now.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:25 PM 06-22-2020
There was an article in WSJ last week with data from Fidelity.

Originally Posted by :
Data from Fidelity Investments suggests millions of individuals have decided to do the latter. Nearly a third of investors ages 65 and up sold all of their stockholdings some time between February and May, compared with 18% of investors across all age groups.
18% went to 0 allocation to stocks. That seems terrible. At least people in their 60s makes some sense.

Originally Posted by :
Mr. Eberlin said he missed out on much of the market’s stunning recovery after the last financial crisis because he never figured out a time to move more of his money back into the stock market.
But he is 66. And he hasn’t worked since late March because the pandemic has dented demand for contract work in Chicago residential buildings.

[Reply]
Rain Man 07:15 PM 06-22-2020
I like hearing that because it means some money will move into the market at some point.

Today was not a good day for me. The market was up, and I think I ended up down slightly. I'm stuck in my REIT and cruise line stocks that get panic-hammered every time a Seattle anarchist coughs. I'm at the point where I'm hanging on to them because they're down so far that I hate to sell them at a big loss and I'm afraid to miss a spike when the bad news stops.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:57 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I like hearing that because it means some money will move into the market at some point.

Today was not a good day for me. The market was up, and I think I ended up down slightly. I'm stuck in my REIT and cruise line stocks that get panic-hammered every time a Seattle anarchist coughs. I'm at the point where I'm hanging on to them because they're down so far that I hate to sell them at a big loss and I'm afraid to miss a spike when the bad news stops.
They'll come back , You have to have the patience of Warren Buffet. People are gonna cruise.
[Reply]
wutamess 08:45 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
They'll come back , You have to have the patience of Warren Buffet. People are gonna cruise.
Is now a good time to buy?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lewdog 06:59 AM 06-23-2020
Let’s ride!!!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:31 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Is now a good time to buy?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I'm not going to answer that but damn , you can look at almost any chart including mutual funds and see the money that could be made if a person were to dump a shit load of cash into a stock when the bottom fell out. I had to just hang on because I was totally invested although I did borrow some money to put on oil which is recovering nicely now as well as Boeing.

I've not looked at the cruise line stocks closely but logic tells me #1) this virus crap will pass just like EVERY other pandemic and #2) People are gonna cruise
[Reply]
scho63 11:42 PM 06-23-2020
There are now a bunch of momentum stocks everyone is chasing. Crazy stuff!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:05 AM 06-24-2020
I TOLD YOU

iBio Selected by IBM Watson Health for the use of IBM Clinical Development Solution at No Cost to help Support clinical COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates

Originally Posted by :
https://ir.ibioinc.com/press-release...the-use-of-ibm

iBio Granted 18 Months of Free Access to IBM’s Clinical Trial Management System
NEW YORK, June 24, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- iBio, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN:IBIO) (“iBio” or the “Company”), a biologics contract manufacturing organization and biotechnology company, today announced that IBM Watson Health has selected iBio to receive 18 months of use of the IBM Clinical Development (ICD) solution, free-of-charge.

IBM Watson Health recently began offering its ICD solution to eligible trial sponsor organizations as part of its efforts to help support the medical community to address the COVID-19 pandemic. IBM Watson Health has received interest in the offering from numerous hospitals, sponsors, contract research organizations and academic institutions, and is currently enabling 15 COVID-19 disease trials.

[Reply]
Page 364 of 934
« First < 264314354360361362363364 365366367368374414464864 > Last »
Up